Final

Our True Story


Final



This story was made based on a true story. Then that's mean the plot was owned by God. The character was not the true person who experienced this. This story was dedicated to the author friends who experienced this on October 2013



                She looked at the weak boy who’s laid on the hospital bed with his eyes closed, an injection on his left hand that connected to a blood bag. His face was pale, his stomach was a little bigger than usual and his body was so thin until it showed how his skeleton looked like.

Truth to be told, she doesn’t know this boy so well. She just knew this boy two months ago from the list of the name that entered her class, where she just entered her new class at the second year of junior high. But something from this boy made her empathy at his condition.

                She watched her friends who came with her today. And their faces are so gloomy. Yeah, who wouldn’t be sad when they know their own friend was getting sick around three months? And top of that, very dangerous sickness. Leukemia. That’s right. This boy in front of her just got this sickness around July.

                Suddenly he opened his eyes slowly. He looked around and smiled weakly when he saw his friends’ faces here. “I’m glad… you… all… here again…” He said weakly while closed his eyes to rest his mind. Hearing those weak words came out from his words made her heart break a little.

                “Do you feel any better now?” Jung Eunji asked while looked at him, trying so hard to smile at him. He nodded silently without bothered to open his eyes. She could saw her friend, Jung Eunji, smiled bitterly while the person who stood next to her, Son Naeun and Lee Howon, just watching him silently.

                “Well, I’m glad you’re feeling better.” The person next Chorong, Kim Myungsoo said while holding his hand. “I hope I could see you at school. The squad couldn’t wait to see you participate again.” He cheered him while patted his hand. “Well, we need to go… There’s a competition going to be held now… Since Chorong didn’t participate, she’ll be here for a while.”

                Myungsoo looked at Chorong while mouthed, ‘Take care of him.’ She nodded and looked at Naeun, Eunji, and also Howon who’s getting ready to leave with Myungsoo. “I’ll see you later, Woohyun! Get better, ‘kay?” Howon said while patted his shoulder.

                They all leave except Chorong who stood there and looked at him. Woohyun opened his eyes and turned to look at her, “Thank you… for visiting… me…” He muttered while looking at her. She just smiled bitterly while looking at him.

                “Hey, don’t be so… sad… The doctor said… I could… go home… tomorrow…” He said and smiled at her nicely. Seeing him at this condition make her heart broke. She could feel her tear started to form on the corner of her eyes. And in the next second, it started to fall one by one.

                “Chorong… Why are you… crying?” He asked while looked at her. “Don’t be sad… It makes… me sad… to see… a friend crying… because of me…” He continued while his hand tried to reach her faces. But he failed to reach her face because he felt weak. Instead, she grabbed his both hand and held it tightly.

                “Don’t cry… Please… Just smile… like you smile… at the first time we met…" He said weakly while smiled at her.


Flashback


                “Nam Woohyun?” Their homeroom teacher asked and looked around to see if someone raised his hand. But no one seems to raise their hand. (The first day of the new school year here was around July.) “Any of you know why Nam Woohyun absence today?”

                She looked around to see some of her friends shook their head while some of them just shrugged because they doesn’t know who he is, so do her. But she got a strange feeling something happened to him until he didn’t get to school today.

                “Hey, I thought Woohyun was a very discipline student. Even when he’s sick, he forced himself to go to school, you know? It’s weird.” She could hear one of her new classmate whispered something to her seatmate.

                The next day

                “Nam Woohyun?” Still, there’s no one answered their homeroom teacher question. But there’s something different today, their homeroom teacher sighed and looked at them. “No one know what happen to him? Well… his mother called me yesterday, saying that he’s sick. But not just any ordinary sickness, it was leukemia.

                “Leukemia? Mrs. Jung, do you know which hospital he was in?” Their class president, Kim Myungsoo, asked their teacher. The teacher nodded and wrote the hospital address on the white board. “Thank you, Mrs. Jung. I think I’ll visit him after school.”

                “Good to know you’re a very considered friend, Myungsoo.” The teacher said while smiled at him.

                After school

                “I wanted to visit him too.” She said while looking at their friends who’re walking in front of her. They all looked at her oddly before Myungsoo said, “Well, it’s very nice of you, Park Chorong… I know you even don’t know him but you already wanted to visit him. It’s really very kind of you. Now, shall we go there?”

                They all went to the hospital without a word being said. They just kept silent until they headed to his room. The moment they opened the door, they were greeted by his mother who sat next to his bed. “Oh, Myungsoo, Howon, Naeun, and Eunji… It’s glad to see you all here.” His mother said before she looked at Chorong.

                The moment she looked at Chorong, she smiled. “Well, may I know your name, kind girl?” She said while looking at her. Chorong bowed a little and smiled at his mother.

                “It’s Park Chorong, Mrs. Nam… I’m glad to know you… I’m one of his new classmates this year. I hope I could get along with Mrs. Nam and also Nam Woohyun…” She introduced herself while his mother nodded.

                “May I know his condition, ma’am?” Myungsoo asked while coming towards Woohyun’s mother. His mother nodded and began to explain to him. While Myungsoo talked with his mother, they all watched Woohyun condition who’s lying on the bed.

                “He sure… is a mess now… isn’t he?” Eunji said bitterly while looking at his faces. “I still remember when we’re twelve years old, or you could say one years ago, when we go to a field trip with the squad, he helped me to find my shoes that almost sinking in the rice field. He is a nice guy… Why must he suffer?” She said bitterly while holding the edge of his bed.

                Chorong just looked at his face. So he is Nam Woohyun. This is the first time she met him but there’s something about him that made her attracted to him. Suddenly he opened his eyes slowly and looked around. “Oh… you’re here…” He said when he looked at Howon, Eunji, and Naeun.

                When he looked at Chorong, his face turned to confuse. “May I… know who are you?” He said nicely in a weak tone while coughing several times. Seeing this, Howon quickly grabbed a glass of water and handed it to him. He gladly took it and drank the water.

                “My name is… Park Chorong, one of your new classmates. I hope we could get along.” She said nicely while widely smiled at him.

                “Thank you for coming, all of you…” He said while closing his eyes. “I wanted to rest again, if you don’t mind…”

                “It’s okay, Woohyun… Just rest and get better, ‘kay?” Naeun said while looking at him. But the latter seems already slept again.


End of Flashback


                Chorong held her phone tightly and tried to sleep. But she couldn’t. She really wanted to sleep but the image of Woohyun lying on the hospital bed making her awake all night. She couldn’t help it. She really cared deeply for him now.

                Oh God, she really needed to visit him again next week. She couldn’t visit him tomorrow because school getting busier now. How much she really wanted to visit him, she couldn’t. There’s too much event for this week.

                Maybe she could just know his condition this week from Myungsoo and the others. Well, what else she could do except this?


                He just stared at the hospital window. It’s raining outside. So he couldn’t clearly look outside. But actually he didn’t really intend to look outside. He just wanted to remember her face quietly. But the sight of her cried while held his hand, making his heart break.

                And damn, he doesn’t know why his heart felt this way. He never knew her so well. Plus, he never went into the school this whole three months. How much he wanted to but he couldn’t. He couldn’t risk his life just to meet her in school every day.

                But he was glad though, he was feeling better, very better actually. So in a week, he could go to school, get to know her better, and also get to know all of his new classmates even… his disease couldn’t be cure that easily or maybe couldn’t be cure at all.

                Will he die? No, he couldn’t die. Not right now. Not when he’s in love with Park Chorong. And she’s one of the biggest reasons why he still wanted to alive. Plus, he needed to go out from the hospital sooner or his family will bankrupt. Truth to be told, his family is poor.

                He turned around to see his mother sleeping on the couch. Mother, I’m really sorry for burdening you… He thought.


                It’s been a week since she last met him. But she’s very glad that he was feeling better. She knew this from Myungsoo. Oh God, she was very grateful of this. So, today, she decided to visit him no matter what happen.

                “Unnie, can you take me to Woohyun house now? I heard he’s already at home now.” Chorong said at the phone while took a sip of her juices.

                “Oh? Your friend that was sick already feeling better? Fine then, I’ll pick you at the school around 3 pm then. See ya!” Her cousin hung up immediately.

                Yay! She finally could meet him again!


                “Oh? Chorong-ssi?” His mother asked while looked at her confusedly. Her facial face surprisingly, sad.

                “Hello, Mrs. Nam… I’m here to visit Woohyun… I brought some bread for him to eat.” She said while showing his mother a plastic bag.

                “Oh, thank you so much, Chorong-ssi! You’re a very kind girl… May I know who you are?” His mother looked behind her to see a tall woman behind her.

                “I’m Park Gyuri, ma’am… I’m her cousin…” She said politely while smiled at his mother. “Sorry for coming here unnoticed. Apparently, my cousin here couldn’t wait to see your son.” She bowed a little for apologizing.

                Chorong wildly blushed while looked away. His mother seems to notice it then chuckled. “It seems my son couldn’t wait to see her too. Well, I’m very happy to see her come, though… It made my son happier somehow.” She said honestly.

                “Mom, mom! I’m hungry!” said a little boy behind Woohyun’s mother who’s tugging on his mother shirt. He seems didn’t notice both Chorong and her cousin. But when he looked at the guest, he hid behind his mother.

                “Oh, Taehyun! Where’s your little brother Donghyun?” His mother asked him but he just pointed at the bathroom without saying anything and ran towards somewhere.

                “He was Woohyun’s little brother… Isn’t he nice?” She chuckled lightly. “Well, if you wanted to see Woohyun, just go to his room right there.” She pointed at a door near the dining room. “Well Chorong-ssi… His condition was better but… he suddenly felt dizzy earlier… I hope you could comfort him a little…”

                She looked at his mother, wide-eyed. He was sick again? She thought he was fine. “Don’t worry, Mrs. Nam… I’ll comfort him…” She said while smile bitterly at her mother. She turned around to her cousin. “Uhh, if unnie doesn’t want to come, unnie could wait for me here or outside…”

                “I’ll just wait outside. Call me if you’re finish okay?” She smiled then patted Chorong shoulder. Chorong nodded at her cousin and walked inside to his room.

                When she opened his room, she could saw him lying on his bed while hugging his pillow. “Hi, Woohyun…” She greeted him then sat on the edge of his bed. “Feeling any better?” She asked him while smiled at him.

                “I’m fine… better… I’ve prepared my bag already and I’m getting ready to go to school tomorrow.” He said happily while smiled at her. But strangely, his facial expression like he was exhausted, tired, and full of pain.

                “Well… I’m glad you’re okay.” She said and patted his hand to comfort him.

                But suddenly he held her hand and caressed it. She blushed at his action and looked at him confusedly. She opened to speak something but even a word failed to escape her mouths. “W-woohyun…” She finally able to speak a word but only his name that able escaped her lips.

                “Thank you… for always visiting me, Chorong… It really means a lot for me… Your presence… is the only thing I need… to survive.” He said nicely while he held her hand tighter. “Come closer, Chorong…” He said. “I wanted to show you something…” He continued then sat straight.

                She blushed at his words but she come closer to him. With his free hand, he held her cheek and looked at her softly. When he held her cheek, she felt her blood gushed up and her face turned red. “I… love you…” He said while leaned in to kiss her.

                The kiss only lasted five seconds, but she could felt butterflies on her stomach. He rested his forehead on hers and smiled weakly. “Thank you for everything…”

                She shook her head and smiled, “No… Thank you for everything, Woohyun… I’m glad I met you even in this circumstance. I love you, too…”

                Knock knock…

                “Chorong-noona! Your cousin! Waiting! Outside! Hurry!” Taehyun and Donghyun shouted loudly from outside. When they heard his brothers shouted from outside, they both chuckled and she stood up.

                “Well, I guess… See you tomorrow…” She smiled then leaved his house.


                “So, how’s your friend? Is he getting better?” Gyuri asked her cousin while walked towards where she parked her motorcycle.

                “He’s getting better! I’m very glad…” She said happily.

                “Oh, really? That’s great. Let’s get home before your mother start to angry.” She said while took out her motorcycle key and the engine. “Hurry on, Chorong! Don’t waste any more time!” She said to her cousin and she gladly sat behind her. “Oh yeah, let’s headed to the bakery shop first! Let’s bribe your mom some cake when she’s angry!” She chuckled and drifted off.

                Soon, they headed to a bakery shop and bought a cake. Feeling hungry, they both eat a soup next to the bakery shop. Spending some times until sun has set. But suddenly Chorong felt something restless. “Hey, let’s go home unnie.” She said while tugging her cousin shirt.

                “Okay okay… Wait, I needed to pay the bill first.” After she paid the bill, they both headed to their home. Their home needed to pass by Woohyun house once more. But when they passed his house, there’s a sign… a sign she really doesn’t want to see.

                “Unnie!! Stop!” Her cousin stopped her motorcycle and suddenly Chorong hopped down from the motorcycle then ran towards the house. When she opened, she was greeted by news. She really doesn’t want to hear.

                “M-Mrs. Nam? T-Tell me he’s o–” But her words stopped when Mrs. Nam hugged her tight and cried on her shoulder.

                “No... I’m sorry, Chorong-ah… He’s dead… He already died…” She sobbed and hugged her tighter. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” His mother cried louder.

                Her world crashed the moment she heard the news. The man whom she loved, who just kissed her earlier, who just confessed to her earlier, is dead. And she couldn’t hold it any longer, her tears rolled down on her cheeks and she hugged his mother tightly, cried on her shoulder.


                She just looked at the grave in front of her blankly. Her friends, Eunji, Naeun, Myungsoo, and Howon were standing beside her. They all cried at the sight of their friend grave. They couldn’t help it. He was a nice guy. Why God must take him now?

                She kneeled down and putted a flower she was holding for a long time. “Rest in peace, Woohyun…” She said while she hugged her knee. And the moment she buried her face on her knee, she cried endlessly.



A/N:
Oh I don't know how to describe the character feelings so well... Because it was my friends who experienced it. I hope you all do understand her hardship now :|

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my first attempt to make a one-shot story... (This is the longest chapter I ever made honestly...) Until then, Bye bye!