Picnic

Picnic - Ren

The smell of freshly cut grass, the distant laughter of kids as well as the birds chirping in the trees filled your ears as you tried hard to keep your eyes closed as your hands held onto Ren’s arm tightly.

"Are we about there?" You asked your boyfriend.

"Just about, but keep your eyes closed, okay?" Ren responded with a smile as his fingers gently squeezed your hand.

"Okay" You settled as you felt the ground under your feet change from concrete to grass while hearing the satisfying crunch of the grass under your weight. Walking just a little further, you felt Ren bend down as you heard something hit the ground.

"How about now?" You cooed

"Be patient" He smiled stepping behind you as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

"Okay you can open them now jagiya." He whispered as you opened your eyes to a beautiful green field of grass, some trees were around that gave great shade while kids played soccer in the distance.

"T-This is so pretty!" You beamed as your hands wrapped around his wrists and your head rested against his shoulder.

"Just like you." He giggled kissing your cheek. "I thought a picnic would be a great idea to do on a day like this."

"You brought lunch for us too?" You looked over at him, smiling he nodded his head.

"Didn’t you notice before?" He teased you lightly.

"I had my eyes closed remember?" You pushed his shoulder, his grip released from you while he nodded. Heading over to the basket he lifted the lid and pulled out a blanket for the two of you to sit on. Unfolding it and lifting it up in the air before setting it on the ground below, you smiled as he bowed like a prince to invite you to take a seat. With a smile, he knelt beside the basket pulling out some of your favorite foods that he brought along.

"Y-You made all of this for me?" You asked in disbelief that the food he brought was actually in front of you.

"I wanted you to enjoy it, and honestly I didn’t know how to make anything else besides your favorite dish." He rubbed the back of his neck while you leaned over to check out the food.

Handing you a pair of chopsticks he sat beside you, opening one of the dishes, grabbing a little food and guiding it to your mouth. Once the food hit your taste buds it exploded with flavor, closing your eyes and chewing happily, a soft hum escaped from your lips while Ren smiled in response.

"You should try some too!" You beamed once you finished your first bite. Guiding some food up to his mouth he happily accepted and smiled as he chewed the food happily.

"You were right! It is good!" He smiled taking some other food and placing it into his mouth. Happily enjoying your meal together, the silent air around you was soon filled with your soft giggles while Ren made faces getting you to laugh.

Some teenaged boys threw a Frisbee while others chased after it. Running around your little picnic, they caught the flying disk while throwing it again. Throwing it back and forth, some of them did tricks as your attention went over to the boys and their different skills.

"Wah they are really good." You remarked as one of the boys heard you and looked over their shoulder.

"Thank you" He flashed a smile and winked at you, making you flustered.

"That is cute, two girl friends going to the park together." Another boy remarked as Ren shot him a death glare.

"Do you guys know any other tricks?" You tried to change the subject as the group of boys were standing over you with smiled across their faces.

"Can we teach you a few?" Another boy asked as you nodded, they offered their hand to you as they pulled you up to your feet.

"Ren do you want to come and learn too?" You asked, remembering that you were on a date with your boyfriend.

"No, you go on ahead. I’ll watch from here." Ren said waiving his hand, nodding your head you went off with the group of boys as he sat on the blanket all alone.

At first the boys taught you how to throw the disk correctly then how to spin around and throw it, then how to catch it. But when they got to the tricks you were in another man’s arms as he put his hand over yours showing you how to throw it. Ren gripped the blanket, letting it bunch up in his fists tightly while biting his bottom lip trying to contain the ugly jealous monster that was growing inside of him. Successfully executing the trick, you jumped up and down, clapping proudly, After a few more tricks and watching you laugh with him like you did with Ren, Ren couldn’t take it anymore.

Standing up, Ren started to walk towards you as the guys threw the Frisbee to him, being startled, he tried to catch it but the disk hurdled to the ground as the guy that taught you how to do the tricks looked down at Ren.

"You might need a little practice." The guy said earning a little giggle from you as Ren just glared ahead.

"Dude, I think we interrupted something." One of the players pointed out.

"Yeah dude, I think that they were in something important." Another one pointed out.

"Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to, I just get excited when someone likes the tricks I do." He said, nodding your head you walked beside Ren.

"Thanks for teaching me, it was really fun!" You bowed to him as the players and him bowed back to you.

"Enjoy the rest of your day." He said while his friends threw the disk and ran after it.

"Sorry Ren, I got a little carried away." You admitted as you looked at him, who wasn’t looking at you.

"Yeah sure" He mumbled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" You asked getting quite confused. Shrugging his shoulders, he suddenly got quiet, retreating back to the blanket he sighed as he sat down.

"Ren, I was just having some fun." You tried to clear up what ever he was worried about.

"But you were having fun with them.” He emphasized. You got a little glimpse of his emotions before sitting down next to him.

"I have fun with you too. Before they showed up I was having a ton of fun with you." You looked up at him before resting your head on his shoulder.

"Then I just go beat out by them, didn’t I?" He questions softly

"Not at all, you are still way ahead of all of the guys in the world." You closed your eyes cuddling up to him. Wrapping his arm around, you closed your eyes while he gently laid down on the blanket below.

The white puffy clouds happily moved slowly over your heads. Taking a deep breath, he looked down at you before placing a kiss on your head. Fluttering your eyes open you giggled as your imagination took flight.

"That one looks like a sushi" You giggled while pointing upwards to the cloud.

"It does! That one looks like you." He said pointing up to an angel as you shook your head, his arm wrapped around you while his hand rested on your stomach as you fingers played with his.

"That one looks like a wave of the ocean." You smiled.

"That one looks like my heart." He pointed out as it was a perfect heart in the sky.

The rest of the afternoon the skin kissed your skin while the two of you imagined shapes in the sky. A slight breeze cooled the warm air as the beautiful spring moment slowly passed in each others arms.