1.

Losing love

School halls were silent as lectures were still on. Next to one lecture room was girl standing, looking at the door silently with no expression. The girls brown hair was put on a braid. She had on black dress that went to almost to her knees. She had black see-through leggings and black ballerinas. On her left hand was dark brown purse. Her name? It was Jang Miye.

Finally the door opened and students roamed out of the room looking at the silent girl just standing there. Lastly came the one why she was standing there. “Daniel”, she whispered but the boy heard it and looked at her. “Miye? You came in here? How did you know I was in here?” he asked and went to hug the girl. She was his, Ahn Daniel’s, girlfriend.

“I know”, she said slowly responding to his hug. He let go of her and took her hand and they started to walk toward the exit to outside. “So, why did you want to meet me this eagerly?” Niel asked smiling. People around them looked at them and whispered some things to each other. “Let’s go somewhere and then I will tell you. I don’t like the way they look at us”, she said quietly and Niel nodded. It was annoying but the no one in that school knew that Daniel had a girlfriend. It wasn’t secret; he just didn’t mention it to anyone. He just didn’t think it was necessary.

Daniel and Miye were in small cozy café. There weren’t many people just some old people drinking coffee. The place was very unique. It had this small countryside and old feeling in it and it meant a lot for the two of them. That was the place they two had met for the first time.

“So? What’s up?” Daniel asked. Miye took a sip of her tea and placed the cup down looking then at Niel. “I think we should break up”, she said with no expression. Niel’s mouth widened and he looked at Miye startled. “What? No! If this is something my dad…” he started but the girl in front of her stopped him. She shook her head. “This has nothing to do with your dad”, she said almost not moving her lips. “I started to think. This will not work. Well yes, first of all, your dad hates me for no reason. And then… We are from two different worlds”, she said without giving any expressions on her face telling what she felt. Daniel couldn’t tell anything from her face. “We are just not meant to be”, she said and calmly drank her tea. “We should stop now before anyone gets hurt” she said and sighed, standing up. “Well… This is the goodbye. It was great to know you and even greater to love you” she said turning and walking away, out of the café.

Finally Daniel got out of it while seeing his love walking away. Like a lightning he stood up and ran after her but he was late. She was nowhere to be seen. Tears ran on his cheeks as he run on the street yelling Miye’s name. Finally he stopped and his feet didn’t keep him up anymore. He collapsed on a busy street crying. His heart felt like it was shot. It hurt. He didn’t understand what she had meant by the things she had said. They had been happy and suddenly in 24 hours she had changed completely. World had stopped him while he was crying on the ground. He didn’t even realize when he got picked up and put in a car, driving him home.

Miye was broken as well. Tears were showering on her cheeks as she had stumbled on her own small apartment. She knew she had to leave now so Daniel wouldn’t come for her. She had already packed everything. She looked the boxes around her biting her hand so she wouldn’t cry out loud. She heard her phone vibrate inside her purse. She took it from the purse and looked at it. She had gotten a text.

Good girl. You will be picked up in a moment

Miye screamed and cried throwing the phone to other side of the room. She went to fetus position on the floor crying for the lost she had just felt.

 

To them it was slow hours, even slower days. Everything felt stopped. Nothing felt relevant anymore. It was like spinning in darkness trying to get out. Slowly week had passed.

Daniel was laying on his bed looking through his phone the pictures of him and Miye. What happened to everything? Was that the real reason to her break up? Small nock was heard from the door and it opened. “Honey? You got visitors. It’s good for you to see other people than those in pictures” was his mom’s voice heard. Small mumble came from his mouth not even looking to the door. Five guys walked in the room and the door was closed after them.

One of them came closer and sat on his bed. “When was the last time you showered?” the person asked and Niel looked at the person. It was Byunghun, more known as L.joe. Around the bed now were others, Minsoo, Jonghyun, Changhyun and Chanhee.

“How long has it been?” he asked and L.joe was knocked back. “Week”, Minsoo said. “And when was the last time you brushed your teeth?” L.joe asked. “Week ago” Niel answered. C’mon clean you’re self!” Changjo said poking Niel. “Don’t feel like it”, he said burying his face to his pillow. Minsoo also sat on the bed patting Niel’s head. “It’s not the end of the world”, he said smiling.

“Was it all waste of time for her?” Niel asked from the pillow. “No, She had a good reason” Minsoo said. “What?” Niel asked and Minsoo shook his head. “I don’t know.” Niel groaned and turned. “Have you tried to look for her?” Ricky asked quietly. “Yeah, She had moved and her phone is not on”, he said. By saying that the door opened and someone came in. Niel took a look and rolled his eyes. “What do you want, dad?” Niel asked frowning. “Are you still sad? Don’t be, she wasn’t good for you. Just a poor girl. She knows her place now”, he said coldly. “She or her family wasn’t poor. They were average and…” Daniel stopped realizing something. He shot up startling others. “What did you do to her?” he asked throwing daggers with his eyes. Only if just looking could kill. “Nothing”, he said. “Liar!” Niel yelled and was about to run toward his dad to hit him but Changjo and Chungji took him so he couldn’t. “Smart boy. You’ll never see her again” his dad said and walked away. Niel was let go and he panted. “I’m going to take a shower. You stay here” he said walking to bathroom slamming the door. “He got his spunk back”, Chungji said looking at the door.

 

Few weeks after, they were all in a small abandoned house. “Nothing! She has just disappeared” L.joe whined. It felt like everything was for nothing. She hadn’t leaved the country, Minsoo had checked that. She wasn’t in the city anymore, Chungji and L.joe had checked that when Ricky, Changjo and Niel had checked other cities and towns, everything and everywhere. “Maybe I should just give up. She’s nowhere to be found”, Niel said holding tears inside. Changjo hugged him. “It’s OK, we’ll keep looking. But maybe you should prepare yourself to the reality that you will never get her back. It’s OK, life will go on and we are here for you. She will always be on your heart”, he said and everyone else joined the hug, crying Niel in the middle.

 

Two years had passed. Everything was almost gone normal except that Niel didn’t want to fall in love anymore. He felt like Miye was the only one he could ever love. She was still on his mind everyday and that made him go through the days.

Daniel’s dad had thrown a party. There were many people from his company and other companies’ people that did work with his. Niel had to be there, he now had to be on every event. That company was going to be his after all. Niel was standing next to his dad looking away from him. He still wasn’t fine with what he had done to his love. “Ah, mister Park, nice to see you came! And you brought a date?” Niel’s dad praised making Niel turn his head to that mister Park. “Oh she is not my date, I just thought it would be nice to her to see places like this”, Mr. Park said giving a little nod to the girl beside her. Niel’s eyes widened from shock. That person had brown hair on a bun and white long dress with no sleeves. She looked pure, innocent and modest.

Niel’s heart felt like bursting out of his chest. The girl didn’t look at him she just looked at his dad with no expression. “Let’s go meet other people”, Daniel’s dad said to Mr. Park. “Ok, you can look around, I’ll meet you later”, he said to the girl and she nodded. They left and the girl looked relieved. Then she took a glance on Niel and then shot her eyes to Niel. “Miye”, Daniel whispered going closer. Miye was shocked by what she was seeing. “Daniel”, she said almost crying. Daniel took her to his embrace. “I missed you” Niel said taking in the scent of Miye.

Later they were on balcony looking at the night sky and the stars. “Why did you leave me?” Daniel asked, taking her hand. “I did it for my family”, she said going closer to Niel. It was chill outside. “He has power. He could have done anything to them”, she continued. “You could have told me. I could have done something. You know… It hurt when you left”, Niel said looking down at Miye. “It hurt to leave”, she said taking Niel’s warmth.

It was silent for a while. They were just close to each other not saying a thing. There were no words needed. They both knew they missed that feeling having each other by their side.

“He didn’t notice it was me”, Miye finally broke the silence. Daniel looked first lost but then he got it. “You look different. With that on you look…” “Rich, beautiful, worthy of you”, Miye said last of Daniel’s sentence. Daniel laughed. “You were always worthy of me”, he said smiling. Miye just laughed. “Are you going to stay here?” Finally he said looking into Miye’s dark brown eyes. “I’ll try. I have a way to stay”, she said smiling giving small peck on Niel’s cheek. Miye got chills and Niel knew she was cold out there. He started to pull her back inside. “By the way, who is this Mr. Park?” Daniel asked when they got inside. “My uncle”, she giggled. It was hilarious in a way and Niel laughed as well. “Is he your way to stay?” he asked. Smile formed to her lips. “Yes. They are sending an employee from his company to your dads and they are thinking sending me. He has to say yes to me or their work ship is over”, she said smiling. Daniel Laughed and looked at the way his father was.

“You are a small devil really inside”, he said. Smile was just on her lips knowing that she felt happy. They both took a glance to Daniel’s dad’s way. Miye’s uncle was next to him too. They were looking at them. Of course, it was weird to them because to them Ahn Daniel and Jang Miye were strangers. Miye and Niel looked at each other. Niel took Miye by her waist and pulled her closer. He went closer to her and pressed his plump lips on hers closing his eyes. Miye closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him back.

Gasps were heard. To all it was sudden. Daniel’s dad’s mouth was round from confusion. What those two did was weird for Mr. Park too but he smiled in the end. He was happy to see her so happy for a long time. Now for two of them, there was no turning back. They were couple again.

 

 

Here you go darlings~

I hope you liked it ^_^ Did you?

I liked writing this, so I hope you liked reading this :3