finale.

Once Yours

I walked around the park, the wind blew hard and my hair was fairly disheveled. Out of habit, my hands naturally roamed up my hair and fixed it. In the midst of it, I was suddenly struck by a red-head. A red-head who seemed familiar to my eyes, a red-head whom I once knew; a red-head whom I once loved.

I met her through a mutual friend of ours. Yes, it was a moment I will never forget. It was the moment after that I wish I could erase. I stood still and she saw me, our eyes met; like old times. My body reacted faster than my brain, without my realisation, I was already headed towards her with a crooked smile plastered over my face. Boy, I must look like an idiot now.

Her heart goes pit-a-pat; the pulse quickens.

She was still oblivious of my presence and I took the liberty to actually tap her by the shoulder, I did not have my hopes up that high; afraid I mistook someone else. Nonetheless, I am never wrong; there she was in front of me. Her bright red, luscious hair falling just enough by her chest, the thin lips of hers that always tasted like mangoes; sweet as her.

She did not seem surprised nor was she taken aback. I suppose she figured we would meet again one day, the world is too small to hide and I actually would never give up looking for her if it took millions of years. Her eyes sparkled, I was stuck in a trance again. The time when I was once hers and she was once mine.

I snapped back to reality when I heard her voice calling my name, slow as ever; sending shivers to my spine. Maybe, I was a bit of head over heels about her. I am ambivalent. I was already someone else's yet every time the thoughts of her lingers through my mind, I could not think of anything else. Everything would lead to her, I would say her name in a hushed manner, in hopes she would return.

Was it my fault we never got along well? Was I too stubborn? Was I at fault? I was never sure of it, we never did sort it out. It was just a goodbye with no closure; I might be the only one holding on. She was saying something but I could not comprehend, I was focused on her lips. I missed them. I missed her.

Without any control, I took the chance and pulled her in for a kiss. She did not resist it; she did not resist me. I was once yours, I thought. I was once in cloud nine; in euphoria.


a/n:

this stinks. it does not make any sense. i am sorry if it isn't your cup of tea. it was in my head and i just felt like it.