1∞ℓ

Daydream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLUaeRKEvhw ~

 

Jing jolted from her sleep, sweating profoundly.

Another dream.

It was only there where she could see him again. Him.

She lifted herself off the bed and headed towards the cubicle with a bath. She really needed one.

"Jing?" Another figure arose from the bed she had recently left and groggily looked towards her direction.

"I need to take a shower, don't worry and go back to bed," she spoke without looking at the figure.

"Did you dream of him again?" She stopped rummaging through the basket she was currently at. Her fists tightened and she inhaled sharply, "Please," she picked out a random pair of clothes and undergarments before she once again headed towards her destination.

“I’m sorry,” she heard the bed creaking, knowing quite well he was headed towards her. Those words angered her even more.

“Please, don’t,” she held her clothes to her chest, “saying sorry won’t change anything. I’m just taking a quick bath, nothing to worry about.” Silence engulfed them until Jing felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a soft sorry was breathed next to her ear. I should really give in… But as quickly as the thought rushed in she pushed it back. The memory of her lover was still well imprinted on her. Her heart was torn between giving herself to her now husband or waiting for her lover to come back like he said he would.

“I just need to take a quick shower,” she pushed herself away from her husband, “I won’t take long. I’ll be back in bed before you know it,” she reassured him and walked away from him.

Her husband thought that over time she would come to forgive him and give him the chance to prove himself a worthy husband. But then again he knew he had hurt her deeply when he killed her lover, and also his best guard. He just thought…

Realizing he was an idiot for falling in love with her, he took heavy steps back towards their bed, to wait for the vanilla scent to notify him she hadn’t run away from him.

 

 

The Prince rolled in his bed, until he hit something warm…Jing. She hadn’t run away after all. He grinned to himself and proceeded to wrap his arms around her, bringing her warm body closer to him.

He opened his eyes to take a closer look at the girl he was proud to call his, even if he had married her on bad terms. He loved her, and he made sure to show her everyday just how much he cared about her. He just wished she returned some type of affection to encourage him to further pursue her.

Jing felt warmth and protection from the arms encircling her body. “Jaebum.” She snuggled into the warmth and fell deeper into sleep.

Upon hearing his name, Prince Jaebum felt his cheeks warm up when he heard his name slip out of Jing’s name. She thought of me. Just the mere thought of her giving him a chance made him want to squeal like a little girl.

“I love you,” he whispered into her ear. Jing shifted even closer to him, if possible. Jaebum kissed the top of her head and peacefully fell into deep slumber.

 

 

Mark?

 Jing opened her eyes, only to be met face to chest with her husband.

“Ah!” Jing quickly unlatched herself from Jaebum, almost rolling onto the floor.

Jaebum opened his eyes slowly to see Jing sitting against the headboard, her face hidden in her hands.

“Jing?” Jaebum lifted himself on his elbows and stared at her.  After a while she finally lifted her head up and gave him a startled look before running towards the cubicle with the bath. Jaebum   sprinted after her but didn’t make it on time because Jing shut the door on him and placed the lock.

“Jing!” Jing knew she was hopeless. She was so confused. If only he were with her right now then she wouldn’t have to go through the confusion and bewilderment Jaebum was making her feel. Mark, please come back to me. “Please don’t think about him anymore…he’s not coming back…ever.” His words hit her hard.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone? I never asked you to take me in as your wife! I don’t know why you chose to marry me when there was an endless line of beauties waiting to be chosen!” Jing bawled as she spouted out her long harbored feelings towards the pampered Prince. She couldn’t take it anymore. She now not only wanted to leave the palace, she needed to leave, for her own sake, but inevitably she knew she would never be able to.

Jaebum pounded on the wooden door. “Princess, I’m-“

“Don’t call me that!” Jing shouted from the other side. “I’m not your princess! I was Mark’s princess until you killed him! I hate you! Why can’t you just leave me alone for once?” Her boiling point was at its highest. She instantly felt remorse at yelling at him. Yes, he was concerned about her, but everything she had said was true. No matter how much she hated it, she now was married to the murderer of her lover. She was starting to doubt herself. What if I do end up rebuilding my life with him? Why would I? Mark promised he would come back, dead or alive. But now even she believed Mark was dead. That’s what everybody in the palace whispered here and there. Slowly she too was slipping into the rumor.

Jaebum pounded once again. “Look, even I’m not sure if I killed him or not.” Is he insane?  “He loved you.” Of course he did! He would tell me he did before going to sleep every night! Until you took him away! Jing just wanted to sprint out of the cubicle ad kill him, but that didn’t see, like a good enough punishment, so all she did was listen to him while sitting on the cold floor hugging her legs. “Have I told you what he told me before I knocked out?” Right away Jing lifted herself up and unlocked the wooden door, coming face to face with the person she hated the most at the moment.

“What did he tell you?” She was on the brink of tears. Jaebum’s anger subsided and now he only pitied her. “Just tell me!” She closed the gap between them and could now feel his breath on her face. All Jaebum wanted to do at the moment was kiss her, but he knew it wasn’t the correct time to do some. It can wait.

“He told me...”

“What? Just tell me.” Jing shifted in place. Her detestable husband had never mentioned her lover telling him something dealing with her in his last moments.

“He wanted me to take care of you if anything happened to him…” Jing’s eyes felt like they would pop out any second.

“He what?” No, no, no. Mark is alive. He’s alive!

“Jing I know you don’t believe me but trust me-” The prince had stretched out his arm to comfort her but as his hand flew up the princess slapped it away.

“You should have died instead.” With those words said, princess Jing left her post by the door, making sure she pushed prince Jaebum aside on the way, and angrily walked towards her dressing room, ignoring the pitiful look on his face.