A King with No Crown

(HIATUS ) CROWN

It is 2014, it is time to leave the past behind. The past is at the door step, with the shedded tears, droplets of sweat and streets repainted yellow.

 

It has been five years, five short years, and as the man with brunette hair named Yang Seungho walks into the hall with a tray of orange juice, he hears the sounds of a human making motorbike engine noises, blurred by the sound of a children’s song going off on TV.

 

He doesn’t think much of it at first, but when he looks into the hall from the corridor, he sees a man not much younger than he was with hair blacker than the night.

 

To the outside world, they saw a retarded man playing around with toy fire engines and barbie dolls, but Seungho saw a man with a childish demeanor. A pretty little being residing in the body of a man as beautiful as his personality.

 

When had Seungho started feeling this way?

 

It generally, wasn’t normal. During his classes in which he taught the handicapped, his heart never felt as if he had run a marathon. This boy, no, this man, he was special.

 

As the dark haired youth looks up from his games, he smiles, and his dark brown irises glisten in the afternoon sunlight streaming in from the bay window.

 

“Seungho-ya!”

 

The brunette blinks several times, clearing his mind from his reverie as he finds an easy smile working onto his sore cheeks. Yes, Byunghee was special.

 

Walking over into the hall cooled down by the air conditioning, he sits down next to the ravenette. “Has Sir Doyle the kidnapper been stopped yet?”

 

The younger pouts. “No, the prince was meant to stop him. But you left. So he’s destroying buildings now.”

 

To show his frustration, Byunghee picks up the nearby Ken doll and makes it headbutt a Jenga tower that crumbles on the table and spills onto the carpeted floor from the contact. “See? He’s going to kidnap more people! Cause the prince left!”

 

Before the man can make the doll ‘kidnap’ several lego children, Seungho shushes him with a cup or orange juice before he reclaims his cross-dressing Barbie doll. Within an hour, the Ken doll named Doyle has been tied to their ceiling fan, and the Jenga buildings too small for the dolls were put back up. The town was back to normal, and civilization progressed.

 

The ravenette occupies himself with combing the ‘prince’s hair and stops momentarily, growing uncharacteristically quiet. “What’s wrong, Byunghee?”

 

Looking up after a moment of thought, the smaller man raises the doll and wriggles it around. “I want to be a princess.”

 

Seungho has to  stop himself from choking incase he came off as offensive. He wouldn’t want to trample all over the feelings behind that expectant face. The brunette raises a brow. “Why just a princess? I don’t think that suits you.”

 

“Huh? Then what does?”

 

The brunette considers this seriously as he casually slings an arm over the younger’s shoulder. “I don’t know, how about a king?”

 

The retarded man deflates instantly as he slumps over and cradles the doll to his chest. He looked so crestfallen that Seungho feels sweat breaking onto the surface of his skin, did he say something wrong? “Or maybe a queen?”

 

Byunghee stamps a heel on the carpet. “I can’t be any of those things!”

 

Okay, now Seungho was seriously confused. “Why?”

 

Indignant, the dark haired youth had detached the Barbie’s tiara from her messy golden locks and raises it to his senior’s face. “I don’t have a crown. I can’t be a king! A king is no king without a crown…”

 

The brunette wondered where these ideals had come from, for when the man fiddles with the tiny little blasted tiara like it was his world, he truly looked broken. Seeing him like this hurt. It had been at least two years since he’s seen Byunghee like this again.

 

During that time, he never wanted to see this forlorn expression. And now, with his memories raw and awakened, Seungho didn’t want to see this man like this at all.

 

He picks up a magazine sprawled on the floor. “That’s because I think Doyle has stolen your crown, how about you wear a paper one, and we’ll find your crown after?”

 

Glaring up at the dangling Ken doll, the man of dark hair wishes upon it many ugly deaths before agreeing to this paper crown.

 

“It will have to do.” he replies before he waits patiently for Seungho to craft his flimsy headset.

 

Byunghee is quiet when he is patient.

 

And good god, as Seungho crowns him with the paper ornament, Byunghee smiled so beautifully that it made the older man’s heart ache.

------

“Do you at least know who your family are?” Seungho asked, the taste of vomit on his tongue as the questioning continued.

 

It’s been three days after the crash, and this young man with hair blacker than raven’s wings had recovered from his severe head concussion. Everyone at how rapidly his healing process was. It was unfortunate not everything healed well.

 

Doe eyes stared at him, and Seungho stared back, there was a vacant look in them, but panic was evident. The man looks around with hitched breaths, clearly getting restless. “I don’t know.”

 

“...Do you know your name?”

 

The other man’s breathing continues to pick up it’s pace, and the brunette has to put a reassuring hand on the car crash patient’s trembling arm. “I don’t know- I don’t know anything…! I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know!”

------

WELL THIS WAS A Y START TO A SUPPOSEDLY 'LONG THOUGHT OUT' FICTION.

 

I deeply apologize for the cruddiness of this chapter, and I am sorry for any gramatical errors or typos I somehow missed out. I am kinda sleepy right now and my brain is doing things D:

 

I hope you enjoy and stick around for the next chapter! ^w^ thanks for reading