Prologue

24 Hours...

{Changjo's POV}

I woke up to the sounds of engines being run and lights beaming into the pupils of my eyes. Where was I? What was I doing here? 

"Welcome back, CH1116." I looked up at a monitor where two shadows stood in front of me. 

"What is this place?...."  I muttered weakly.

"It's your home." Even though they were shadows on the monitor, I felt as if they smirked at that remark. This place. It looks just like the same area I was trapped in when I was a little kid.. 

I flashbacked.

"Dad? Mom? Sister? Where are you guys?" I was only 5 at this time and couldn't make where my family were. I searched around the house, even the town, but all has failed. I cried from time to time and lived in our house alone by myself. I cooked, I cleaned, I slept, I ate, I bathed all by myself. I felt as if I was being cursed by the gods. I was insane at the time as well. Ever since the unexpected disappearance of my family, I was never in the right condition. I was what they call it "the insane one". 

I was so insane that I started hallucinating every now and then, talking and visualizing my "imaginary friends". I even had multiple personalities: one part of me acted as a spy, another part of me was just an innocent kid, while the last part of me was a murderer. Soon, I realized I had many mental illnesses because of the disappearances of my family. It was so strong that I was convicted of killing 7 children in my town because my outraged murderer side of me came out. Every time I get angry, the murder side of me comes out and every time I'm just being a normal kid, I'm just innocent, old me. It was very rare that I got my spy side of me. I didn't know why, but it just never came out and even when it did, it was very rare....The worst part of it all was that it seemed as if I was so into character with these personalities that they could never and would never meet each other. These characters of mine have no idea of the other character's existence.

Two years later, I received a letter from the mail. I was still going as strong as ever even through the roughness of my illnesses. I took a peek at the mail that was given to me and attached to it was a picture of my family....I held back my tears as I saw how happy our family looked. I guided my thumb on the picture, rubbing it from side to side. I let one tear drop down my cheek and ignored the rest. I took a look at the back. It was another picture....this time...it was a picture of the death of my family. Their bodies lying in one place, dead. Their lifeless expressions. It threw me off. I became speechless. I became guilty in myself. I began to cry like the innocent child in me, but became in rage like the murder inside of me. I took a look at the letter that was attached behind the pictures. 

The letter only read: 

"Lights out, little one."

Before I knew it, the lights did turn off. 

"Ughhhh" my head swirled around and around as my eyes flickered at the beaming lights shining upon myself. 

I looked around me. A blank, white room. 

"Welcome, CH1116." 

Everything felt confusing. My head spun in circles, my eyes could barely open, and my body felt in shock and paralyzed to even move.

"What's going on?....what am I doing here?...." My body was still lying on the floor. I was cold, helpless, and felt myself lagging everywhere I could crawl to.

Silence was met instead of words. A shock then sent my body into shock waves. My body jolted up and twitched. I laid there like a swimming fish out on shore. I laid there with my stomach against the floor looking fearful of myself.

Red = the murderer side of Changjo

Purple = the innocent side of Changjo

Blue = the spy side of Changjo

"WHAT AM I DOING HERE?! WHY AM I HERE?! AHHHHHH!!!" My body took action as my hand reached out for a knife inside my belt, stabbing every part of the room to bits and tears. Every stab was a scar in my life.

I looked around me. "What just happened? AHHHHHH! Why is there a knife here?! My mother said I can't play with knives!" I panicked at seeing the knife next to me. Just the thought of it next to me gives me goosebumps and chills down my spine. I crawled against the opposite corner of the knife. I bent my knees in front of me, holding it close to my chest, wrapping my arms around  and began to rock vigorously at the sight of the knife in the opposite direction.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL YOU PEOPLE?! GO KILL YOURSELF! OR LET ME KILL YOU! I DON'T CARE! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" Bits of my hair tore apart of my scalp and soon, my arm was filled with wounds I left from the knife.

"OH MY GOSH! MY ARM! THE KNIFE! IT CRAWLED UP AND WOUNDED ME!" I tore off my shirt as I shivered in fear and wrapped my right arm that was wounded around it to prevent any blood from exposing or running out. My body began to fear itself.

Another shock was sent through my body, making it twitch. Chills were going down my spine. I sat there still with my arms around my bent knees, hugging it closely upon my chest, as I rocked slowly.

Shock by shock, my body took in. I tried to endure it. I was strong enough, but my body felt even more weak the more the shocks came in.

"INTERNAL CONTROL CENTER SECURITY LOCKDOWN. TIME FROZEN." A robotic voice announced as the doors began to open back up again. 

"Let's go." A weaponry opened beside me, revealing weapons of all kinds. I took those with me and began to walk out of the door, preparing for another adventure to come.

"ATTENTION CH1116. A MISSION IS AT STAKE. 24 HOURS...YOU MUST GET TO THE MAIN HEADQUARTERS AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM WORLD DOMINATION, EVERYONE IS IN CONTROL AND IN TRANCE. THE BLACK KINGS SECRETELY ENTERED IN A COMPUTER SOFTWARE CHIP INTO EVERYONE'S MIND, CONTROLLING THEIR VERY ACTIONS, YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON LEFT NOT IN TRANCE, SO IT'S UP TO YOU. YOU ONLY HAVE 24 HOURS..." A familiar shadow popped up upon the screen. It was Andy, the only person I could trust in this world. "GET THERE QUICKLY AS IT'S A LONG JOURNEY. TAKE NECCESSARY WEAPONS WITH YOU. YOU WILL BE MET WITH WHO KNOWS WHAT THE BLACK KINGS WILL HAVE UP THEIR SLEEVES,...I-....HA-.....BLACK KINGS....TAKING OVER!...." The screen turned black until a voice was then heard. The same voice that was heard a few moments earlier, "BELIEVE ESCAPING IS SO EASY? NICE TRY. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE NOW CH1116. ONLY 24 HOURS UNTIL YOU AND THE OTHERS SHALL CLASH INTO ONE."

I looked around me, but couldn't make where they were. I aimed my handgun around, glimpsing around the area in case of intruders. Another door opened out into another world and place. I searched around again before entering the area. I looked around the world around me. I touched the vehicle beside me. It was simulated. The pixel feeling of the car made it give away. I looked at the time: 11:59P.M. 

Time for another adventure.