Love Never Dies

Love Never Dies - Jungkook

The rather cold night tingled your warm skin as the streetlights lit the sidewalk periodically. Jungkook held the door of the restaurant open for you as you smiled at him softly, slipping your hand into his as you passed him. Smiling happily, he slid his fingers between yours as he let the door close behind him as both of you walked slowly, heading back home after a lovely dinner with your fiance, Jungkook.

Watching your shadows on the ground they formed and changed as the light hit you at different angles. A yawn escaped your lips as you rested your head on his shoulder as he walked slower trying not to bump your head too much as he walked.

Lifting his head, he looked up at the sidewalk ahead as both of you began to enter your neighborhood. Two figures stood with their legs shoulder width apart as they folded their arms. Noticing the leather jackets and the stance that they were standing at, he knew that something was about to go wrong, horribly wrong.

Taking a deep breath, he slowed down his pace as you lifted your head and looked up at him wondering why he was slowing down even more. Turning to cross the street, you looked over and saw the two guys under the light start to move towards the two of you. Jungkook and you made it over to the other side of the street as you watched the two men follow you.

"Jungie" You whispered as he heard the shaking in your voice as he sped up his pace, but stopped quickly as two men blocked your path once again. Looking ahead you saw the two men as you moved your head between the pair of men behind you and in front of you.

"No use in running Jungkook, you know we will just find you again.” A single, shorter man moved past the pair in front of you as you moved behinds Jungkook.

"What do you want this time Snake?" Jungkook hissed as you gripped his shirt as your eyes peered over his shoulder.

"You" Snake snarled as he gave an evil smile as the twitch of his head gave a command and you were quickly restrained by the guys that were following you.

Struggling against their arms, Jungkook was captured without a fight as you walked behind him. His head turned to look over his shoulder at you struggling against the two strong men.

"Save your strength. You’re going to need it." Jungkook was careful with his words as you looked at his back and thought he was crazy. You two were captured and you had the slightest idea of what was going on.

Doing as Jungkook had instructed, you stopped fighting as you walked calmly between the men, they loosened their grip on you as you hung your head lower as they reached a old home that had an old fashioned cellar on the outside of the house.

The leader, Snake, opened it up as Jungkook went down into the dark, musty, old room as you followed. Snake closed the doors behind you as some of the moonlight slipped through the cracks between the slats of wood as you looked around the room.

Two chairs sat in the middle of the medium sized room facing each other as the windows around the edges were boarded up and were too small to climb out of if you tried.

The two pairs of men lead you to one of the chairs as one man stood behind you as he held down your shoulders as the other man strapped you in, one strap around your ribs, one on each wrist and ankle. Once you were all secured, you looked across at the other chair to see Jungkook trying hard not to look at you as Snake circled around him.

"Tell me more about what you have been doing these past years, old friend." Snake smiled as he a single light bulb that hung just above his head between the two chairs as the shadows moved on the wall due to the swinging light.

"Oh you know, trying to avoid you, dancing, singing, the usual I guess." Jungkook glanced up at Snake as he quickly drew a blade and put it up against the jaw of Jungkook forcing his head upwards as his neck stretched as far as it could.

"How dare you avoid me." Snake snarled as you watched Jungkook carefully.

"Jongie" His name squeaked out of your mouth as you saw his skin get pressed against the blade. Suddenly the blade was retracted from Jungkook’s neck as Snake walked over to you as you began to pull against the restraints.

"Who is this little beauty?" He asked as he squatted down in front of you. Snake’s eyes moved from your face, down your hair to your arms then to your hands where your engagement ring sparkled in the low light.

"Oh what do we have here?" Snake pulled the ring off of your finger as you clenched your fists. "Are you engaged to someone?" He lifted the ring up to the light as he smiled happily and held it in his hand.

"G-Give that back!" You said loudly in a shaking voice as he chuckled.

"Do you want to go call your fiance?" He teased as he leaned down and let the ring drop to the floor. The clinking of the ring on the hard floor made your heart drop as you felt tears stinging your eyes.

"She doesn’t need to call him." Jungkook wanted to take the spotlight away from you so that he could have Snake all to himself and leave you out of it.

"Why not? I don’t want any more trouble." Snake turned around as your eyes got wide as you watched Jungkook wondering what he was doing.

"You’re looking right at him." Jungkook said as Snake laughed,

"Oh I could have fun with this." Snake snarled as he glanced over at you, "You two make a good couple."

"You wouldn’t hurt me, we have been through too much together." Jungkook gave Snake a crooked smile.

"Like what?" Snake began to walk around the two of you as Jungkook kept his eyes on him.

"Remember when I saved you from drowning in the summer right before you moved away? Remember the summer that we rode our bikes around town and delivered papers together then we blew our money that we earned on a new soccer ball to kick around?" Jungkook said as Snake smiled, genuinely.

"Then we beat those high schoolers the next summer." Snake added as Jungkook thought that he was in the clear as he stopped in his tracks and looked at you.

"You’re right, I wouldn’t hurt you." Snake said as Jungkook began to feel relieved, "But I could hurt her." He smiled as he walked over to you. Your eyes looked into his eyes cold, dead, eyes as you heard the rattling of Jungkook’s chair as Snake’s eyes momentarily broke from yours and looked up at the guy behind you. Hearing something behind pulled out of a holster, you closed your eyes as you held your breath.

"DON’T YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON HER!" Jungkook yelled at the top of his lungs as Snake just chuckled as you opened your eyes and lifted them to Jungkook as you your lips. His veins pushed against his skin as his muscles were ready to jump into action.

"I have to pay you back for killing my gang, my family." He snarled, "Also for taking my future away from me!" Jungkook couldn’t battle him like this so he tried to calm you down as he saw tears running down your face.

”_______, jagiya, love. I’ll get you out of this, I promise you.” Jungkook whispered as you kept your eyes on him.

"I’m going to  get you back for taking everything away from me, by taking your world away." Snake grabbed the gun from his assistants’ hand as he gripped your hair and forced your head upwards as tears rolled down your cheeks.

"Jungkook, I-I’m sorry." You mouthed to him as your ears blocked out the world around you as the sound of the gun filled the room. Pain filled your head as you knew that you were shot, taking one last look at Jungkook, you took a shallow breath as your eyes rolled back.

— Jungkook’s POV —

I watched you as I continually fought the restraints, trying to get to you. Once the bast was sounded and it called you, it’s next victim, I sat still as your eyes close as the warm, salty tears rolled down my face.

"We’ll talk about this once your loss settles in." Snake said as I broke the restraints. Running up to Snake I grabbed him by the collar and ran with him until Snake hit the wall. Ripping the gun out of his hands I held it to his head as Snake smiled.

"This is all I could ever ask for." Snake happily smiled as I couldn’t bring himself to pull the trigger, just seeing your face and how much pain he caused you, I couldn’t bring myself to seek revenge like he did. Releasing the mag it fell to the ground as the new useless fell slightly after it as my fists continually hit him like a punching bag. Letting out all of my anger and sadness through each hit, Snake fell to the ground as I quickly knocked out Snake’s helpers, leaving them out cold for the count.

My mind stayed on you as your head was hanging in front of you. Rushing to your side, I lifted your head with my hands slowly as I placed my palms on either side of your face. Pushed your hair away to see the entry point in your skull, blood trickled down your face continually as I knew that this wouldn’t be good.

”_______!” I called quietly as your eyes moved under your eye lids as a whine of pain escaped your lips. My heart beat quickly knowing that you were still alive as I leaned down and picked up the fallen ring as I slipped it into his pocket as sirens blared outside.

Police busted through the cellar door as I worked on your restraints to free you. Your limp body fell onto mine as the police started to detain Snake and his men as I rushed out into the cold air with you in my arms as the paramedics ran to me as I set you down on the stretcher.

Medical chatter quickly filled the air as I walked with you, holding your hand as we entered the ambulance and drove off. Hooking up your body to monitors, I kept my eyes on you as the medics tried hard to stop your bleeding. The monitors blared as they couldn’t pick up a heartbeat or a pulse. My heart dropped as the medics started doing CPR as they entered the Emergency entrance at the hospital. Hopping on the bed, they continued CPR as I pushed you through the doors as doctors waited to take over.

Nurses held me back as I called out for you name amongst my tears. I stayed there until I couldn’t see your body anymore and the strong nurses moved me into a bay to clean up my burns from the restraints.

With white bandages around my wrists, I waited for hours for you to come out of those doors that I saw you disappear behind. Running my fingers through my hair, I blamed myself for you having to protect me, for you having to take the bullet that was rightfully mine, but because I loved you it had to be you; you of all people, you.

In the middle of the night a small doctor came out as I rose myself to my feet in his presence as he bowed to me and allowed both of us to sit.

"What can I say…" The doctor let out a labored, heavy breath as I gripped his shoulder.

"Is she ok? Is she alive?" I asked as his head nodded slowly. I smiled in happiness at just the thought of your heart beating again.

"Don’t get your hopes up though, she had a gun shot wound through her skull and into her brain. We had to put her into a medically induced coma so that the swelling on the brain wouldn’t cause her brain to be damaged and to keep her out of pain as much as possible, so don’t be alarmed when you see her and her hair is gone." The doctor said as I nodded, my eyes getting watery at the fact that I couldn’t you hair for a while. "If you need us, we will be around." He patted my shoulder before his beeper sounded and shot off to the next patient.

Making my way to your room, I tried to brace myself for the worse as I pulled open the door to the private room. Machines beeped and buzzed as you laid surrounded by machines that kept you alive. Covering my mouth, I couldn’t stop my tears as they rolled down my face. Slowly I made my way over to your bed as my eyes moved up and down your figure slowly as my eyes laid on your face for some time.

Slowly, I lifted my hand and brushed my fingers against your skin as the heart monitor began to pick up its pace. Pulling my hand away quickly, your heart returned to its normal pace as I looked at the bandage the wrapped around your head. Moving to the seat next to your bed, I moved my fingers gently over yours, as I was afraid to touch anything else.

"You don’t deserve this. You don’t deserve this." I repeated as the night wore on as I sat by your side, not getting any sleep.

Over the next month, you were still in a coma and I came to visit you every day. I brought you new beanies that I had found for you to match your outfits. Staying by your side with every free second I had.

Holding your hand, telling you my day and about the members, laughing and crying with your body, just felt lonely. Your smile wasn’t there, your personality wasn’t shining through your eyes as I felt empty.

One day as I was holding your hand, I rested my head on the side of your bed as I closed my eyes and tried to rest as practice was wearing me down lately. A slight squeeze was felt in my hand as I lifted my head to see your beautiful shining eyes looking down at me.

”_______, you’re awake?” I happily smiled as I rubbed my thumb softly against your cheek as you nodded softly. Pressing the nurses’ button, the doctor and nurse came running in. Checking you out I held you hand as your strength increased and grasped my hand tighter as I held your hand back.

Once everyone had left and it was just you and me again, the room was silent, but a different silence that had hung in the air while you were in the coma.

Moving your hands you carefully placed them in your lap as I watched them. Your fingers gently pointed to yourself then me as you made a heart with your dwindling strength as I smiled.

"I love you too." I smiled as I pulled out the ring from my pocket and slipped it back on your finger as I kissed your hand softly as your heart monitor picked up its pace causing both of us to smile and laugh. Making your love for each other stronger than it has ever been before.