~Ch.1~

~Change~

(Eun Mi’s POV)

I woke up and looked at the clock. It read 4:30.m. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, getting up and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After I finished, I walked to the living room and lay down on the couch turning the TV on.

Awhile later I woke up and looked at the clock. It was 6:40 a.m. I sat up turning the TV off and walked to my room to get ready for school.

I put on my shoes and went to my room to get my backpack. Before I left I took a quick look at myself in the mirror and sighed, “I wish I was skinnier…” I sighed and started walking to school.

I arrived to school right when the bell rang and quickly rushed to my class and sat down. I was relieved that I came before the teacher did and took out my stuff. I looked down at my desk and saw writing all over... "Whale" "Fatty" "Your so ugly~" "Unwanted" "Go die in a hole" "Ugly duckling"

I felt like everyone’s eyes were looking at me laughing. I ignored it and read my book.

10 minutes past and the English teacher walks in. Everyone rushed to their seats and became quiet, “Sorry I’m late. I was at a meeting.” He said and put his binder on his desk. I put my book back in my backpack and looked at the teacher.

He walked to the board and looked at my desk. I quickly covered it with my arms and forced a smile. He sighed and looked away, “Get your history books out and turn to page 155. We will be reading aloud so pay attention. Ok, Daeho. Read first.” Mr. Yang says. He started reading and everyone followed along.

Awhile later a crumpled piece of paper flew on top of my book. I looked up to see if anyone was looking at me, but saw no one. I looked at the paper again and opened it. The word “FATTY” was written on it. I heard girls laughing behind me but I just ignored it.

 

I am an outcast

 

~Lunch~

“Ok, that is it for today.” Mr. Yang says. The class president stood up, “Attention,” everyone fixed their posture, “Bow.” “Thank you~!” everyone said and started packing their stuff.

I grabbed my book out of my backpack and put my stuff away. I didn’t eat at school because I don’t have any money. Whenever I do eat, people would hit it out of my hands, put something in it, or dump it on me…

School food isn’t that good anyway…

I walked to my spot, also known as the “Loser Spot”, but I don't really care. No one went near that spot, so it was really quiet and peaceful. But while I was walking there, I saw someone sitting there… a boy… 

Why is he sitting there? Aish… I’ll just go to the bathroom then.

I turned around and was about to leave until I heard a voice.

“누구세요? (Who are you)?”

I jumped and turned around, “S-sorry…I normally hangout here but I saw you and didn’t want to bother... 죄송합니다.” I said and bowed.

He doesn't know who I am? Is he new here?

He chuckled, “괜찮아, (its fine,) you didn’t bother me,” he got up grabbing his backpack and book, “it’s really quiet here and thought it was a good spot to read.” he said smiling.

Why is he smiling at me? No, why is he talking to me?

I looked at him confused.

Is this some kind of trap?

I looked around to see if anyone was around going to do something to me. “You can sit down; I can just find another spot to sit.” he said and walked past me.

What just happened?

I sat down, "Is he new..?" I said to myself. 

"Ah, forget it." i said shaking my head and started reading. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is a short chapter but i promise to write more the next chapter.