The First Mask

The Three Masks

The Mask of Jinri


It was a quiet afternoon – you can hear the wind blew, leaves falling, and the sprinkles of water for the grass. That's how Jinri always liked it; quiet, peaceful and away from people. She doesn't know why but she hates being surrounded by people; she feels suffocated, insecure, and afraid. But in a very weird way there's a part of her that wants to socialize – be part of the society, have hunderds of people adore her, but she knew herself it won't work out. Last time she tried, she almost fainted, she sobbed while introducing herself in class. Jinri doesn't know when she started to become one of those stereo-typed loners, but she is glad she's not one of those “marry wanna be sues”. And besides, who needs a hundred of friends when she has Jung Soojung – the girl who can give her so much more adoration than millions of people.

 

Jinri's eyes glanced up from the book she was reading – by the sound of heels clicking, she knew Soojung was already walking towards her, “Fought again?” she asked upon seeing the multiple furrows in between her brows. She closed her book as leaned back, watching the aggravated girl in front of her sits down. “Jongin misunderstood again.” Soojung muttered. Jinri pushed the glass of ice tea and ask Soojung to take a drink.

 

“Jongin's a guy. Guys doesn't listen well.” Jinri mused. Soojung massaged her temple as a small pout appeared on her lips, “I just don't know what to do anymore.” she cried. Jinri could do nothing but sigh, seeing her best friend looked like a defeated woman – she just can't handle it. “Is this 'Jongin' guy even really exist?” Jinri quoted his name as she leaned towards the table, her arms resting on it. “I mean – you've shown me pictures of him, and I have to admit he's too good looking to be true.” she added. “Those kind of 'too good looking guys are hard to trust. And for a guy like him – it'll be easy to get himself a beautiful Jung Soojung.”

 

Soojung looked at her, she fainted a sigh, “Jongin's better than that – I can tell he really loves me. He's just...” her teeth gritted. Soojung can't seem to find the right words. “He just too busy?” as she said those words a bitter snicker appeared on Jinri's face, “Busy? How busy is he? Take a moment to stop and think – why would he even get mad at you; all you wanted to do was see him, be with him. Can't he spare a time of his for you?”

 

Soojung knows Jinri's right – her mind says so, but her heart denies. Soojung looked down her lap, while fiddling with her fingers. From the way she's acting Jinri already knows she just want to end this talk. A small smile escaped from Jinri's lips, “Want to go shopping?” she asked as she smiled softly at her. Soojung looked at her for a while – a wide grin appeared on her lips and with a quick nod she pulled girl before her.

 

Jinri's a very frank girl, but she does know when to stop. She might look un-approachable but the truth is, she isn't, not really – Soojung likes everything about her and for a moment she stopped and think: Jongin might not love her like she thinks, but at least she knows that she's number one in someone's heart, and that's none other than Choi Jinri.

 

 

Jinri fiddled with her keys – she opened the door of her house and it was quiet. She have always liked the quietness, but in some very weird way – she hates it when she's in her house, it felt like something has always been missing. The moment she brought down her bag, everything went blank.

 

She opened her eyes and found herself lying on the floor. She got up and as soon as she saw her reflection on the glassed cabinet she immediately went straight to the cabinet. She tiptoed a bit and reaches at the top of the cabinet, her arms swift through the top, but stopped when her hands felt a cold metal – she grabbed a key and went upstairs unlocking her room.

 

Her hips sway as she walked towards her mirrored- drawer. She grabbed a red lipstick and spread it along her lips, she did a tight smack before smirking in satisfaction, “Sorry Jinri, but Jongin needs Sulli for tonight.”

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Title: The Three Mask
Genre: Pyschological / Friendship / R-13 / Angst
Pairing: Jungli / Kailli / Sesul


The very first chapter. I've actually made Sulli a strong opinionated woman, she speak her thoughts but she choose it first. Jinri's personality will be very dynamic - she doesn't only have one point of characterization. Anyways, I hope you like it. Please forgive me if I made any errors and mistakes.  I feel really thankful for the subscribers and those who commented, and upvoted!