A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words

A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words


Many people say a picture speaks a thousand words. What about a painting then? Well, Jonghyun knows the answer to that.

Lee Jinki aka Onew of the art department in Seoul University, one of the most prestigious schools in the city where it would not only take academics but also talent to get in. Most of the students in the school were from families of high social standings; famous in their areas of expertise even at their young age. However, there was a peculiar Lee Jinki that was not one of the mentioned. Jinki came from an average family and was no more famous than his neighbourhood’s local police officer. That is to say, Jinki was not at all famous. However, he did have the academics, departing his prior education premises at the top of the school. Talent… he does have it but he is very sensitive about it.


“This is not good enough!” exclaimed Jinki as he ruffled his brown locks in frustration. “Why can’t I get the colours right?” he asked to no one in particular in exasperation. Dejected, he slumped down onto the stool behind him as he let out a huge sigh.

“Now now you negative old man. I see nothing wrong with this at all! The colours do not seem off anywhere! If I daresay. It is actually a rather beautiful piece of work!” said Key who clicked his tongue at the older’s negativity.

“wow…Hyung! You got praises by the ‘almighty Key’ ! Its either gonna rain in the middle of spring or its gonna rain puppies!” joked Jonghyun who got punched on his arm by the said ‘almighty’.

Jinki sighed at his underclassmen’s’ mischief. He knew they were cheering him up but hearing compliments on the work that he was not satisfied with made him even more frustrated. Out of pure desperation, he started to knock his head onto the tabletop as he let out sighs.

Panicking, the other two rushed to pry the older off the table to possibly stop him from injuring himself. Afterall, Jinki did frequently get injured, on purpose or not.

Jinki tried to push them away as he reasoned,” let me knock some senses into myself!”

Annoyed at his antics, Key flicked the oldest on the forehead and shot him a glare. “You do not do that literally you crazy old man! Try doing it again and see what happens!” he threatened.

If looks could kill, Jinki would sure have been dead.

Jonghyun, trying to cheer the other up tried telling some jokes to his hyung.

“Hey hey hyung! Guess what material this jacket is?”

“…what?” Jinki peeked out from under his bangs.

“Boyfriend material!” Jonghyun grinned as wide as he could.

“Urgh. You are gross!” Key snorted.

A tiny chuckle escaped from Jinki’s lips as he tried to keep quiet.

Seeing it as a good sign, Jonhyun continued.

“Even if there was no gravity on earth, I would still fall for you hyung.”

A blush and a few gagging sounds by Jinki and Key respectively later, Key strutted towards the door.

“If you guys are gonna be that disgusting, I’m outta here! “

The two left behind just looked at each other embarrassed before Jonghyun leapt off the table he was sitting on and cleared his throat before speaking. “ I guess I better take my leave then! Hyung! Don’t stress over if the colours or tones are right! Just paint what you feel and bam! It would surely be another masterpiece like all your others!” Jonghyun beamed before he skipped out of the room.

Left alone in the empty room, Onew mumbled to himself,” what I feel?”

“Hyung! This is amazing!” Taemin awed.

Minho nodded silently as he agreed that it was indeed spectacular.

The soft hues of brown and yellow blended perfectly and the were gentle yet rough in specific places that brought out the subject’s distinct points. With a sharp jaw and glassy eyes; hair with hues of brown and highlights of blonde. The whole art was phenomenal.

“You definitely outdone yourself this time” Key said as he stared shell-shocked at the beautiful artwork before him.

Scratching his head awkwardly, not being used to his friends’ outright compliments, Jinki could only let out a sheepish smile.

He laughed as he spoke,” I did didn’t I? This is by far the most statisfyi…”

“whatchu guys lookin at?” chirped Jonghyun who was skipping into the classroom.

The sight in front of him made him stop abruptly, catching his attention.

“This…ermm…”
“Hyung…This…is this me?” Jonghyun questioned dumbfounded.

Key rolled his eyes, obviously refraining from spouting out a sarcastic remark in hopes of not ruining this romantic moment. He was sarcastic and a diva but he knew how to read situations and how to tell if something good was about to happen.

“Jonghyun…erm yeah…it is you…do you…like it?”

Jonghyun could only gape at Jinki as he replied stupidly,” like it? I love it! Hyung! It looks beautiful!”

Taemin and Key snickered at the same time as Minho coughed to cover the snort that escaped him.

“I got the inspiration from what you told me before you left…so erm jjong….”

Jonghyun turned to look at his Hyung.

“Would you… would you go out with me?” Jinki blushed hard.
“Hyung, you remember what I told you yesterday?”

“To paint what I feel?”


Jonghyun shook his head as he smirked and stepped forward meeting Jinki’s lips with his.

“This jacket is boyfriend material.” he said as he smiled bring before leaning in for another kiss.


END

Key: you two are the cheesiest creeps ever
Taemin: aww that is so precious!
Minho: Jonghyun hyung is narcissistic! He called himself beautiful! XD
Jinki: doesn’t matter, gravity or not I’ll still fall for you ^^
Jjong: yeah? And you may fall from a flight of stairs or from any flat surface but the best way to fall is…
Key: oh please don’t say it
Jjong:… in love with me…
Key: you are the grossest human ever! Scratch that! No human is more disgusting than you you disgusting…