Final

Sirius

Yoongi spends a lot of time looking at stars. He finds that—despite his image as the poster-child for laziness—he has a hard time falling asleep at night. He's so used to feeling the warmth of another body curling up next to him; so used to feeling the security of toned arms wrapped around his midsection; so used to the feeling of tickling breath fanning across the back of his neck. Now that he lies in bed cold, fragile and alone he finds that sleep hardly ever pays him a visit.

 

Yoongi spends a lot of time looking at stars. He used to spend time looking at stars because he used to know a boy that liked looking at stars. Every night they would lay in bed, with the window wide open, and the boy would excitedly name stars and Yoongi would admire the way the starlight glowed on the boy's face. Now that the boy is gone, Yoongi finds that he still looks at the stars, frustrated that even after all those nights, he can only name one: Sirius.

 

Yoongi spends a lot of time looking at stars, hoping, wishing, praying that the boy who wore the brightest smile when looking at the brightest star is now in his place in the sky, nestled between Sirius and some other less important one. Yoongi finds that every time he sees Sirius twinkle he can almost hear the sound of the boy's laughter.

 

Yoongi spends a lot of time looking at stars because it keeps his mind off of the harsh reality that the boy he poured his passion, life and love into no longer smiles, or laughs, or breathes.