One shot

Vanilla

Jinki walked to the locker room to change into his PE uniform. It was just after classes and he would be practicing together with the school’s soccer team. When he opened his locker, there neatly placed on top of his shoes is an envelope. Nothing was written on it so jinki tore the envelope open carefully, a familiar scent welcoming him and took out what seems to be like a letter. He was getting really late for practice but since he was curious to know what was inside, he read it

 

Dear Onew,

 

I really want to tell you something. Something that’s been bothering me forever. But how? Whenever you come near me, I get so nervous and suddenly I don’t remember what to say because your face makes everything around me disappear. I really really really don’t want to look stupid in front of you so I mentally prepare myself every time you are around but I get so confused. When I try to speak, nothing comes out. Why is it always like this? Staring blankly at you for some seconds then cursing myself and looking away. How many times have you caught me red handed? Why do you have to always look good? Why are your eyes so pretty? Please stop smiling. Wait no don’t! Don’t stop smiling. Ugh this is hopeless. I am hopeless. Everyday my feelings for you get stronger. Jinki I-I think I love you. I love you although you probably just see me as one of your friends. How many times do I have to endure this? Hoping you would like me too. I see you even in my dreams and everytime you’re there, I don’t want to wake up. I wish you would love me too. Why am I still not over you?

 

P.S. God this is so embarrassing!! Please throw this after reading. Or not. I mean you..Whatever. Do what you want with it.

 

P.P.S Oh, and don’t look for me. I doubt you will but still.

 

 

After reading the letter, he folded it and placed it back in his locker. He looked at his watch then ran to the school’s parking lot.

 

“Srew practice” he told himself as he reached the parking lot. Eyes searching for one particular person. There in the right most corner was Kibum. Getting ready to leave, checking his scooter’s wheels.

 

“Kim Kibum!” Jinki called out.

 

Kibum froze, hearing his name being called by a voice he hoped he wouldn’t be hearing again. Turning around to look, true enough there was Jinki.

 

“Oh god” Kibum closed his eyes, trying his best to breath. “Move your feet and scram, kibum please” his mind shouted but his body disobeyed him, legs unable to move from the spot.

 

Seeing that Kibum has no plans of leaving, Jinki smiled and ran towards his direction.

 

“Kibum” Jinki said as he reached the boy. He removed Kibum’s helmet and looked straight into his eyes, his arms snaking around the boy’s waist.

 

A pink blush formed on Kibum’s cheek as he looked at a different direction. Frantically averting his eyes away from Jinki’s stare.

 

“What do you wa..mph” but his words were muffled when Jinki’s lips pressed against his own.

 

After some seconds, Jinki released him but he kept his hands on Kibum’s waist.

Kibum was perplexed, eyes wide open and groping like a fish when Jinki ended the kiss. He was about to say something when Jinki interrupted.

 

“I love you too” he said as he hugged him.

 

Registering that what he just heard is Jinki’s love confession, Kibum’s knees felt like jelly and he hugged him back, trying to fight away the tears in his eyes.

 

“I read your letter and I love you too.. I love you Kibum” Jinki said, still hugging him.

 

“ How did you know it was me?” Kibum asked smiling. Jinki’s hold got tighter and he nuzzled his face on Kibum’s neck.

 

“Vanilla” he said simply.

 

Kibum giggled and punched Jinki’s shoulder. “Pabo”