Hazel

Hazel(Eunhae)

A/N: okay i found the Anime name, its called uhh "spirited away"? I've never watched it before so i actually don't know the story in detail, but i do know the summary of it and here's a remake of it c:. Before y'all come running after me with a parang, yes, there'll be a happy ending.

Hazel-

Word characters:8050
Word count:1712

Donghae scratched his head and glanced around in despair. 

It was an early morning that day, everyone was minding their own business, happy that it was Friday, but not for Donghae. It isn't fun when you're so poor that you can even afford to feed yourself. Weakly, he then stumbled upon a couple of buns with joss sticks sticking around.

Donghae knew better than to take the food, and that they were meant to be the deity's, judging from the burning joss sticks, but he couldn't help it. He was hungry and weak, he needed something to place in his stomach.

Never did he expect a demon-like creature to appear while he was stuffing his face with food.

Never did he expect that he would be banished to the afterworld with forty days to look for a certain witch to reverse whatever was placed on him.

Never did he expect to be in that state now. What's the difference between the afterworld and the present world? Donghae was still alone, confused and afraid.

Donghae blinked furiously, his eyes still darting around, then his left eyebrow was raised.

"Hey.. Can you help me?" Donghae whispered as he saw a pair of hazel eyes staring at him. Donghae backed off a little, as he felt that judgmental stares the owner of the hazel eyes placed on him. "I-I uh, need t-to look f-for a uh, witch?" 

He noticed the latter's eyes widened, as the both stood rooted to the ground, not daring to move an inch nearer to each other. 

"O-Okay."

Donghae bleamed as the husky voice answered him.

Never did he expect that he would find that pair of hazel eyes the most beautiful, innocent ones he would ever see in his life.

But never, ever, did he expect that the owner of that pair of gorgeous hazels would mean so much to him. 

-----

"Hyukkie, carry me." Donghae whined, swinging his arms lazily.

Hyukjae shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Don't be lazy, Hae."

"My legs are sore."

"Uh huh."

"I'm tired."

"And?"

Donghae sighed. He wasn't tired or lazy and neither were his legs sore, considering the fact that they just started on the walk to the far end of the valley. He glanced at his wrist, a huge, ugly, number "31" was engraved on his wrist, in crimson red, the font horrifying. He knew so well that that meant how many days he was left at the realm.

And it also meant how many days he was left with Hyukjae.

He wanted to spend it to the fullest. He wanted Hyukjae to be where ever he go, and he wanted to be in his arms.

The problem is that Hyukjae didn't know about Donghae's feelings. 

And Donghae was terrified of rejection.

"Donghae-ah! Catch up!"

Donghae sighed as he was pulled out from his train of thoughts, jogging to Hyukjae.

"You're so mean." Donghae whined. "Is it so difficult to carry me?"

Hyukjae gave Donghae a side glance. "I'm not mean."

"Oh yes. Exactly why you live in hell."

"Yah! This isn't hell, its the underworld! It's different. Besides, i'm not a devil. I'm a guardian."

"Yeah, exactly why you know where the witch resides."

"I'm helping you from the goodness of my heart!"

Donghae smirked and rolled his eyes. "Yes yes, thank you Hyuk-guardian."

-

Hyukjae raised his brow as he heard silence.

Pure, beautiful, silence.

Donghae had been running, yelling, jumping, screeching, whining, skipping, screaming, singing for the past five hours. Its was deadly annoying and Hyukjae felt like anyone walking with him would just grab a knife and stab him. But Hyukjae felt that he was sort of..cute?

"Did he die or something?" Hyukjae whispered as he turned around, spotting a figure on the floor.

"Donghae!" He squealed, scampering to his side, and kneeling to examine his condition. "Holy are you okay?"

He was only greeted by soft snores.

Hyukjae stood up straight and coughed, trying to regain his composure as if he wasn't fretting over the fish-like man a few seconds ago.

"You're so lazy." He murmured. "Like a pig." Hyukjae frowned but it soon turned into a huge grin as he saw Donghae's long eyelashes and puffy pink cheeks.

Hyukjae sighed as he carried Donghae, still having to get him to somewhere enclose to spend the night. "You've got me to carry you now." Hyukjae smiled. "You're really heavy though, but its worth it." Gently, he brushed his cheek against Donghae's.

"I love you." It barely came out as a whisper.

"Hyukkieeee." Donghae whined and almost caused Hyukjae to drop him out of shock. He had just confessed to his crush, surely he hasn't heard it. He was asleep, Hyukjae swore he was. "You're so noisy, i can't sleep."

Hyukjae tried to keep his laughter in at Donghae's cuteness as he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Thanks for carrying me, Hyukkie."

"Uh i-i'm-i mean y-you're welcome, i guess?"

Donghae hummed and snuggled into Hyukjae's muscular arms. "And i love you too." He murmured, opening his doe eyes just to stare back at Hyukjae's brown, hazel ones. He saw the sides of Hyukjae's mouth twitch and upturned and Donghae grinned back.

That was the first time he saw Hyukjae let out a genuine smile.

-

Hyukjae yawned and smiled. He didn't like waking up early, and usually, he was the only guardian that would report for work five hours late. But he woke up early today. And the day before. Fine, he always had been ahead of Donghae's waking hours ever since he appeared out of nowhere and scared the hell out of him.

But this was the only time he could admire his adorable, but most importantly, silent Donghae.

Don't get him wrong, he loved Donghae's personality, but with him jumping, yelling and screeching all the time destroys his angel like image.

Hyukjae pecked Donghae's forehead, admiring his long eyelashes and his shut eyes, the only feature that was not covered by his fish printed sleeping bag. Yes, the sleeping bag had pictures of random fishes, looking like someone just pasted pictures on a perfectly fine bag. But Hyukjae couldn't help but give in, especially when Donghae started using ageyo.

Ageyo didn't actually work on Hyukjae though-(even though it made his heart flutter), Donghae started whining and screeching and the only way to shut him up was that goddamnned sleeping bag.

what a brat.

Hyukjae pushed Donghae's long bangs away, revealing his forehead. His milky skin shone in the expense of the morning sunlight. Donghae actually looked like an angel;without his devilish personality, and he looked so innocent and precious. 

For once.

Hyukjae pecked Donghae's shut eyes, a sweet gesture he would have never done if he was awake.

Donghae started to fidget in his sleep, then tremble. Hyukjae pulled his partner nearer to him, wrapping his arms around his body protectively.

He felt Donghae start to let out soft sobs and he sighed, wondering when the nightmares would stop. 

The elder looked totally vulnerable. His angel looked totally vulnerable.

Hyukjae rubbed tiny circles on Donghae's cheek and ran his hand in his hair. Humming, he pressed Donghae's head to his chest, hoping his continual heart beat could sooth the elder's nerves.

Slowly, he felt donghae starting to loosen up and his sobs ceased.

-----

Donghae's eyes filled up with tears as they stood in front of the portal. He finally got approval from the witch, and he either could continue staying in the portal and turn to dust, or leave Hyukjae to go back in leading his boring life.

"Hyukkie, i don't want to.."

Hyukjae's hands remained intwined with Donghae's. Both not willing to let go.

"You have to.."

Hyukjae gave Donghae a long kiss on his forehead, wiping away the tears that were staining his porcelain face.

"Don't cry.." 

Donghae stood on his tiptoes and pecked Hyukjae's new tear streaks overlapping those he erased.

No words were exchanged, nor were they needed. The both of them just stared at each other, having the ability to read the other half's mind. Donghae felt his wrist start to hurt and whinced.

"Hae-ah, your time is up. Time to go." Hyukjae felt his heart shatter. "Just go. And don't turn back."

Donghae loosened his grip on Hyukjae's hand, but the guardian didn't want to let go. Taking a deep breath, he gave one final squeeze, and let Donghae go.

"I'll miss you." Hyukjae whispered as he started crying, watching Donghae's back grow smaller and smaller, and finally, disappear from sight.

-----

Two years later

Donghae reeled back as he blinked rapidly. "H-Hyukjae?" He stammered in shock, his eyes three times the usual size.

"I-I.. Y-You.."

Donghae wanted to pounce up to hug him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Hyukjae was a guardian, he was bound to the underworld and could never escape. Why was he here? And this man in front of him could just be another look-alike. 

Or were his eyes playing tricks on him?

Hyukjae chuckled, his husky grumbles tumbling against the empty café walls and into Donghae's ears.

"Have you forgotten me?" Donghae heard a little uncertaintintess in his voice . "I literally begged the witch for permission to be with you, don't tell me you have already forgotten my presence?"

Donghae stared into Hyukjae's pair of hazels, and all he found in there were nothing but lovingness.

He wrapped his arms around hyukjae's neck. "No, i don't think i've met you before." He smiled and pecked him, laughing while starting to shed tears if happiness.

Hyukjae caressed Donghae's tears away like he did before and pulled him to a tight hug, as if he wouldn't ever want to let him go. "Shall we start over then?"

"oh and Hae? I think you've gotten a little fatter than before."

With that, Donghae was certain his Hyukjae was back.