Waiting

That Girl

 

“Promise me… even if... we separate with each other, don’t forget about me. Okay?”

“I won’t, I promise.”

 

Two o’clock. That’s what she told me. At the park that we usually stay back then when we were still young.

 

I really felt like I was about to burst knowing and reading a letter that was from her yesterday. I never thought she will able to find me in this big place of Seoul. I just can’t believe it… just rushing and rushing to get that time, the day, the hour, the minute when I’d meet her again…

 

And this day, this hour is now… Only the minutes is remaining before I see her again.

 

It’s one thirty five.

 

I’ve been sitting here under these trees that we usually stay back then, and it doesn’t matter to me these few minutes that has passes ‘cause I’ve been waiting for her since the day she left, longer than these few minutes… putting my hands inside my pocket and sinking my face a little into my scarf that covers all around my neck to feel a little warmness as a cold breeze passes.

 

It had been twenty five minutes… I started to recall things of her and me, bringing that precious part of my life, my days with her when we’re still young. I can never forget our memories and moments together… those times when we tease and play around that send us into trouble after. A smile crept into my face. Knowing on how silly we are back then.

 

She’s alive in my mind, as much as she her as she was at the time. She’s been in my mind and my heart since that day, every day. At that age, I don’t know what I’m going to think when I see that she’s grown up, that she’s different than I remember her.

 

It became harder to try and see her. But that just made me want to see her more. I’ve been dreaming about the kind of life we would have. Seeing the world and having some cute kids. For sure it was going to happen… because we had already promised to each other.

 

Then a sudden panic comes to me.

 

What am I going to say?! After I haven’t seen her for so long? It will be awkward if I just give her a hug. Or how about a “How are you”. And if I confess, it might be the cause of driving her away from me forever. Sigh. Maybe she might not feel the same way anymore… or she probably doesn’t. I think this is just going to be like seeing with an old friend after a long, long time not seeing each other.

 

Can I just let go of my feelings over her after this? Can I ever let go of my first love…?

 

I wanted to know on how she have been these past years, where she’s gone, and know if she fulfilled some part of her dreams, the dream we shared. I will get to see and talk with her again. Twenty three minutes…

 

Twenty two

 

I can’t help myself but look and watch the entrance of the park, hoping to see her even though there’s a stream of people flowing in and out. I hope it won’t be hard for her to see me and recognize me. What if she doesn’t recognize me? I’ve gone taller after these years, with my grown long hair now. Has my face changed too much? Oh, maybe I shouldn’t have worn makeup today; it will be so saddening and hurt for me if she doesn’t recognize who I am when she looks at me.

 

Twenty one

 

Shrugging off all my thoughts, I just focus myself watching the entrance again… trying to look closely to those people who pass in.

 

But then…

 

Wait.

 

That… that looks familiar. The hair, those legs and those eyes trying to search something, but she hasn’t looking over here. Could it be…?

 

Oh my god.

 

It’s her.

 

She’s getting a little closer. I can see her face. She starts to look around, but she’s looking too far from where I am right now, turning in a circle. She’s searching for me.

 

I can’t breathe…

 

I can’t move…

 

I can’t take my eyes off her…

 

Oh my god. She… she’s really here. I can’t even believe what I am seeing. She looks even more beautiful than back then, looked exceptionally beautiful. More beautiful than anything I’d ever seen in my life. She’s breathtaking.

 

Gasp.

 

She makes one more turn, and that’s the time she sees me. And the whole world has just stopped as soon as her eyes met mine. And she doesn’t look confused or uncertain, and she doesn’t even look away. She gave me a sweet smile that it almost took my breath away. She knows it’s me. She recognizes me! After all these years, she still remembers my face… I can’t believe this is happening.

 

One step…

 

She’s walking towards me now, slowly. The last time I saw her, she was walking away from me as she makes her way in the plane… now she’s here, walking towards me as I wait for her to come in front of me. I’m trying to hold myself to run up to her and kiss her badly and say how much I miss her. I can see her face more and more clearly. She’s grown up, yes, she looks fresh and pure and so, so beautiful. And the way she looks at me, this isn’t something casual for her. She looks awed, touched, like I am the greatest gift she’s ever gotten. I can’t explain how I feel when she looks at me this way.

 

She comes up to where I am and stands in front of me, looking directly through my eyes. After twelve years, for the first time I finally see her close again. Her eyes are shining… there are tears in them. My heart is overflowing. My first love, she’s right in front of me… and she’s smiling at me. I remember that smile, her smile, that only-for-me smile.

 

"Hi." She softly says almost like a whisper. A voice that was musical and delicate to my ears.

 

"Hi." I manage to say back. She grins and laughs a little. She looks so happy. I’m melting at the sight of her.

 

We both are speechless now, just looking at each other like this. I might end up melting here if we continue to stare intently to each other. But then… She shakes her head and she smiles so warmly at me. And with full of confident and sincerity… she says the most important thing that my heart and my ears have been waiting for to hear. My name.

 

"Sooyoung." She says it with a chuckle. Maybe it’s her first time saying my name in a long, long time.

 

"Jessica."

 

She hears this in me, and the next thing I know is we’ve rushed into each other’s embrace. I hold onto her like she’s the only thing in the world. Right now, she’s all that is in my world. And to my joy, she feels like she completely belongs in my arms. She fits there perfectly, and I fit in hers.

 

"I love you," she says to me. "I never stopped loving you, or missing you, Soo."

 

I want to cry.

 

The beautiful girl I loved for so long ago… I’m still in her heart, now that we’ve grown and have gone through so much that has changed us both. We’ve come back to each other far away from where we met.

 

"I love you too… I never, ever broke my promise. I never forgot you. I always thought of you." I tighten my hold into her.

 

For a few minutes, we just don’t need to say anything else. We just feel each other here again. Twelve years… twelve years that we haven’t seen each other nor hearing each other’s voices, it was just like magic that disappearing into nothing. The only thing that stays from them is the fact that we’re still the Jung Jessica and Choi Sooyoung we both known since young… inseparable.

 

Finally, I let her away just that little bit, just enough to look at her. She looks back at me and touches my face likes she’s remembering it with her hands… I really love this woman very much, a love that is way more different before.

 

She bit her lower lip while looking and caressing my lips with her thumb, “We got interrupted last time that you haven’t chance to do it.” and I know exactly what she mean by that. I lift my hand and caress her very soft, glowing cheek, as the cold breeze passes through, giving her the first kiss I have been owing to her all these years. It was soft and careful and a deep kiss. A kiss almost as beautiful as she is.

 

She can’t imagine how I feel like flying when she start to kiss me back that way, when her hands caress my left cheek and slowly wrapping her arms into my neck to deepen the kiss that she or we’ve been craving for these years. For a moment, she breaks away, taking my hands from her face and holds them, she open her eyes and look at me, for just a second or two before she take my lips with hers again and kiss me. But then our passionate kiss was turning in to something, something that was hot, that I didn’t expect her to go deeper for more with my lips and be aggressive. Is she this frustrated?

 

"w-whoa, e-ea-sy there." I slowly pull out; she blushed and looked down to her feet, feeling embarrass.

 

"S-sorry, I—I can’t help it." I chuckle softly before leaning slowly but closely to her ear just enough to hear me.

 

"Ara, don’t worry; there will be more when we get back." I whisper to her, looking to her eyes as they glow with love for me. Receiving a hit on my arm, I can’t help myself but to smile as I feel the same flutters I used to feel back then. She was blushing. So cute.

 

"And how sure you are that I’ll go and stay at your house, mm?" She says, showing me that challenging face she has but still I find it cute though.

 

"Very sure, that I don’t need to ask you to." I confidently say while wearing a naughty smile that she always loves to see. She chuckle, before giving me that knowing smile too.

 

"Really? What if I didn’t?"

 

"Oh please, I know how ert you are than me…"

 

"Yah!"

 

"Back then, you even took advanta—" I just ignore her and continue my tease.

 

"It’s your fault though!" she exclaim, cutting my statement.

 

"…and why is it to be my fault, huh?" I ask her, making sure to saw that pink tint on her cheeks. And she did.

 

"Well, I can’t deny it that you’re being hot and y back then…" She said and huff as she look away from me.

 

"Eh?? Back then??... Why? Am I not y and hot anymore??" I pouted. She turns her head to look at me again. Wearing that naughty smile of her, I know what it would be.

 

"Well, I can’t say it now… but it will be easy to say it…" She moves closer to me making our faces closer to each other leaving that little gap between us. Still wearing that naughty smile she continued,..

"… if these things will be taken off." She slowly tugs on my clothes signaling on what she means. And that really makes my blood rise through my face, realizing on what she means.

 

"Y—you Byuntae!" I said stepping backwards as I put my hand over my clothes to protect myself with this ert girl of mine. She just laughs at me and seriously ignoring me. Ah, what a ert she is. But then she stops, moving forward in me before grabbing my hand.

…..

….

..

.

"Ara, before that happens… walk with me." She smile sweetly before she takes my hand, and I feel whole, that I feel absolutely complete, knowing that she’s here now right just by my side walking with each other, holding hands…

 

"There are a lot of things you need to tell me on how you have been…" the way she squeezes my hand and giving me that sweetest smiles and soft chuckles…

 

…And that’s when she finally fills the space from my heart I’ve been keeping just for her.

 

Closing my eyes for a moment; feeling my hand in hers and our slow, easy stroll together. Those twelve years disappeared so easily. But it doesn’t matter now anymore, as long as we feel each other’s presence now… it will be now the start of our day. We’re two young girls in the newness of love… knowing and loving each other Days, Tomorrow and Forever.

 

END!

 

Author’s Note:

So, did you like it? Or Love it? Enjoy it? Do you? Do you?

Nah, I know you don’t. Keke

 

I was not satisfied with this at first so I edit and edit and add and add… and so I end up with my own satisfaction, a little. I don’t know if you do. ^^

Post your FEEDBACKS! I need it to make my mood… so I can do more. HAHAHAHA

By the way, I just want to say Thank you for those who subscribe, comment and upvote on my previous one-shot “My Favorite Pillow” THANK YOU!!! ^^

 

See you next time!! Ppyong! 

PS: Please look forward for my upcoming fic! ^^

Here's a Soosica gif for you ...

Sica danced with Sooyoung instead of male dancer!! Kyaaaaa!! HAHA