Because of you . . .

When We First Met . . .

It was the day where all the kids went back to school. IU was especially excited to be back because she has changed so much since the summer and she would be able to see her school crush: L. He's a kingka and a part of the school boy group: Infinite.

Nobody took notice to her at school because she was quiet and she really didn't have much friends. But it is a new year. She was no longer in middle school anymore. She is finally a freshman. Time for change, and meeting new people in high school. Her Oppa attends the high school already so it is his sophomore year. He treasures his little sister and he is a really good older brother. 

 "Jiji~ ready for school?" Sungyeol asked his cute little sister. Jieun was wearing a cute high school uniform and she looked so beautiful. Sungyeol was even impressed. 

"Yeah. Let's go Oppa. I don't want to be late!"she grabbed her backpack then dragged her brother along with her. She was going to meet her best friends at school so she couldn't wait to catch up with them.

"Whoa~ bye Umma~" Sungyeol managed to say as he was being dragged away.

"Bye sweeties! Have a good day at school!" Their mother called out to them as they started walking away.

"Oppa hurry~ Jiyeonnie and Luna are probably waiting for me as we speak!!" I whined to my brother and begged for him to move faster. I was so excited I couldn't even contain my feels.

"Yah~ slow down Jiji~ I know you're excited but nothing is gonna stand in your way okay? Relax!" He laughed while catching his breath and pulling me off to the side. "I wanna see my band mates too... but I can control myself at least."

"You're right .. sorry Oppa. I'm just not used to the whole 'high school' thing yet. I'm sure this is just a stage.. haha." 

"Aigoo.. my little sister is adorable." He smiled while pinching my cheeks.

"Yaaaahhhh~ Oppa!"

After slowing down and taking my time walking to school with Oppa.. we finally made it safe and sound. I know my brother worries a lot for me ever since he found out that I was constantly bullied in my earlier days of middle school. I could now trust him and see that he will protect his little sister at all cost. I could count on him! ^^

"Welcome to high school sis." He ruffled my hair and walked forward as we entered the school gates. I was shocked. Wow.. so this is high school .. way more different than in middle school! 

There's so many students walking around and meeting up with their friends they haven't seen all summer. I saw Oppa walk towards his band mates and I noticed L wasn't around. While being slightly disappointed,  someone tapped me on the shoulder. 

"Excuse me?"

I turned around and saw Luna and Jiyeon at my side. My two best friends since elementary. We've always been together through thick and thin. These are the only girls in the school that I could trust 100%.

"Kyaaaaaaakkk! ! Luna!! Jiyeonnie! ! There you two are!" My friends and I jumped around in excitement. We were no longer the top of the chain in middle school .. now we are at the bottom again. At least I've got my besties with me.

"We are finally high schoolers!" Luna cheered In her bubbly way. Jiyeon and I shook our heads and laughed.

"Sis! Of course we are! We are no longer kids. Aish~" Jiyeon punched her sister playfully in the shoulder. I giggled.

"Sooo~ did you see Myungsoo yet?" Jiyeon asked me curiously.

"Y-yah!! He's not all I notice okay...?" I blushed and stared at the ground shyly. Sometimes my friends could be really embarrassing! / . \ 

"Our Jieunnie is so cute!!!~ <3" The sisters squealed and hugged me tight. I swear..

"Uhm.. are you Jieun?" It was ... L?!?!??!

"M-me? Y-yes!" I couldn't believe this .. was this reality? I wanted to slap myself and I did without realizing that this is still reality.

"Y-yah! Don't hurt yourself.." L caressed my cheek carefully and examined my face. He smiled softly then ruffled my hair. 

"W-what are you doing here S-sunbae..?" I blushed majorly and refused to make eye contact with him.

"Hehe. Your Oppa sent me over here because he told me you forgot this." He grabbed my hand, unraveled it then placed my necklace (which my late father got me) into my hands. I can't believe I almost forgot my father's gift. 

"Oh...th-thanks you very much! This is .. r-really important to me.. thanks sunbae!" I bowed 90° to show him how thankful I was. He blushed slightly then rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. He also let out a soft chuckle.

"No need to thank me that much. Heh. Well .. it was a pleasure to meet you, Lee Jieun." He grabbed my hand, placed a gentle peck on it  and smirked. My heart literally dropped to the ground. I melted. My face was ultimately red. I couldn't believe this..

"B-bye sunbae!" I managed to say as he walked away. He turned to look back at me and grinned.

"See you around Jieun-ah~" He waved. Then he headed over to my Oppa who was grinning widely. He winked and I reminded myself to thank him a lot later on. I was still in shock and I just stood there.

"Omo!!!!" Jiyeon and Luna squealed as they shook me. 

"Kyaaaaaaakkk!!!!" We all screamed in fan girl mode. This will be a great year!!