Mistletoe

Christmas Special-Cheondung from MBLAQ

 Dara personally thought of herself as a good Noona to her little brother. She was caring and is very supportive of her little Sanghyun and MBLAQ...so...if she was to set her brother up on...something like a blind date with a very pretty and friendly girl she is friends with...that wouldn’t be terrible...right?
      
      Dara knew her brother wasn't very proactive with girls, considering that he'd never even had a girlfriend, and while she didn't have a boyfriend right now, didn't mean she's never had one or didn't want one, because like everyone else, Dara wanted to be loved too.
      
      She sighed, running a hand through her long platinum blonde strands as she waited for her perpetually late brother to arrive at home where they were to celebrate a bit later. Dara looked over to you, her cute friend with the 4D personality. The pair had a lot in common, she thought they would hit it off well.
      
      "Did you tell him that you were doing this, Unnie?" 
      "Aniyo, but he'll be okay with it as soon as he sees how pretty you are." 
      
      Sandara shot you an assured smile as she hopped off the couch to gently grab your arm, tugging you to hide in the kitchen. You, on the other hand, were completely confused. "Huh? Is he here or something?" She nodded, a little mischievous smile on her pretty lips. 
      
      Once you were safely out of sight, Dara greeted her tall younger brother at the front door, hugging him. 
      
      "Hello Noona~" Sanghyun greeted, bowing to her. "Hey~"
      
      He looked around for the rest of the family, a little confused. "Where's umma?" 
      "Oh they had to run to the store to pick up a few last minute things..."
      "Ah..."
      
      Cheondung plopped himself on the couch then, pulling his PSP out of his coat pocket. Dara stood over him, that adorable little mischievous look on her face. She said nothing, just stared at him for a few moments until he turned the game off with a slightly annoyed look on his face.
      
      "Aigoo, what's up?"
      "Well...don't get mad, okay?"
      "......"
      "I said okay?!"
      "....I can't honestly promise I won't get mad, but I'm sure I won't."
      
      That made Dara smile a bit wider as she stood up straight, her hands toying with the hem of her shirt. 
      
      "Well I set you up on a blind date."
      
      Cheondung shot up at that, his cheeks blushing a bit. "Dara! You really didn't have to do that..." He groaned, covering his face with both hands in embarrassment. Dara plopped down next to him on the couch, placing a reassuring petite hand on his shoulder.
      
      "I'm just looking out for my little brother! You look so lonely sometimes, and while you enjoy spending time with your band mates, you need a girlfriend at some point. Be like Byunghee!"
      “No way! He flirts with everyone!”
      “At least he’s had a girlfriend~”
      
      Cheondung groaned even louder in exasperation. "This really isn't necessary...just call your friend and tell her not to come...please and save me from the embarrassment of fumbling through this."
      
      Dara could only bite her bottom lip and give an embarrassed shrug." I..., can’t?" Cheondung raised a light brow at this. "Can't? Why not?" 
      "She's here..."
      
      Cheondung looked around not seeing her then stared at his sister with a droll expression. "Yah, where?" Dara held her hands up defensively. "Hey you, she's very pretty and you guys have a lot in common. Just do this favor for your cute Noona huh?" Cheondung was a total fool for his sister so he gave up, waving an invisible flag of defeat. “Okay okay...I'll meet with her." Instead of the irritation Dara thought her younger brother might have, his face held a timid smile, yet a look of excitement clearly written all over his face and how his knee was now bouncing in anticipation. That made her giggle as she skipped to the kitchen, gently grabbing your arm.
      
      You looked up slowly, curious. "Is he okay with meeting me? I know he's a huge idol and he probably won't like me but-" you were totally rambling until Dara cut you off. “My brother is not like that at all...yea he is a little self-absorbed but he is really shy and soft spoken around people he doesn't know, especially cute girls. He wants to meet you."
      
      With that little boost if confidence, you walked with Dara into the living room and nearly died when you saw none other than her little brother, Park Sanghyun sitting on the couch, looking just as nervous as you felt. He looked up at you, his lips immediately curving into a timid little smile. He then stood immediately bowing, gently grabbing one of your hands.
      
      You could only blush at how much if a gentleman he was, not noticing the little giggles that erupted from Dara at the pair just meeting. "Hello, I'm sure you know my name is Park Sanghyun...but if calling me that makes you uncomfortable or something...you could always call me by my stage name Cheondung or thunder." His voice was cute and soft spoken, and you couldn’t take your eyes off of his cute face. Waaaaiiii he looked a million times more amazing in person, you nearly fainted right then and there.
      
      "No, I like your name...and my name is ______. Nice to meet you, Sanghyun. Dara is always talking about you." You smiled brightly, causing him to laugh a little in nervousness. "I'm sure she does...all good things, right?" Simultaneously, you and Dara answered "Of course!" In which all three of you began to laugh, slowly dissolving the nervous atmosphere. 
      
      Dara had that mischievous face once again. “Well I'll be back in a little bit, you two should go have coffee somewhere..." She waved bye before Cheondung could even get a word in, already out the front door.
      
      There you were, alone. 
      
      In truth, Dara was just going to spend a bit of time with her YG family and band mates, but she wanted to make sure her brother was okay and he seemed fine, if not a bit nervous.
      
      You smiled at Cheondung, which grabbed his attention. "I think it's a good idea, she said we have a lot in common...I’d like to talk to you." Your voice was sunny and cute, Sanghyun decided he liked the sound of it. 
      
      You're shorter than him, which he liked and your hair a nice shade of brown, like spun chocolate silk. He liked the big doll eyes you have too...they look natural and not surgically altered. His sister wasn't lying when she said you were pretty...
      
      “Sanghyun?" 
      "H-huh?"
      "Would you like to go to the little coffee shop right around the corner?"
      "Sure..."
      
      ...
      
      After ordering your coffee's and a few pastries that Sanghyun graciously paid for, the pair sat at a little table outside, under the awning of the building. 
      
      You fidgeted with the lid of your Starbucks cup, nervous all over again.
      
      "So how did you meet my sister?"
      "Oh I actually work at the YG cafeteria..."
      "Oh?! I hear the food is really good there! The cafeteria in JTC is just meh..."
      "Yea I'm actually one of the chefs there."
      
      You smiled at that, Sanghyun nodding appreciatively. There was one thing he loved....food. Meat especially. They haven't spoken much but he was liking this already...he could have a cute little girlfriend in an apron making him little lunches that he could take with him to the studio...make his band mates jealous...fufufu.
      
      "So...what do you cook there?"
      "Oh I do everything! I bake adorable little animal shaped cupcakes and cookies and lots of other stuff. I mainly cook the meats as well, someone else does the other things..."
      "You cook meat?"
      "Yea, I'll cook for you sometime."
      "I'll definitely hold you to that...I love meats."
      "Only if you teach me yoga~"
      "Agh you saw that huh?"
      "But of course, any good A+ watched YouTube videos of you guys!"
      "Hahahaha~"
      
      Sanghyun was smiling from ear to ear, his eye smile absolutely dazzling to you. His teeth were uniquely shaped and made his smile all the more endearing...waiii you were definitely star struck....or something.
      
      "But I'd love to cook for you...you're so nice."
      "No...not really..." 
      
      Sanghyun rubbed the back of his neck timidly, that same sweet smile on his lips. He decided to change the subject cause this cute girl with the angelic voice was getting under his skin far too quickly.
      
      "So you like anime? Video games?"
      Probably not but he figured he could give it a shot. To his ultimate surprise, you nodded.
      "Yes~ I love both! My favorite anime is ToraDora...but I like all types. My favorite video game is Atelier Meruru...I just adore the series. To me, alchemy is like cooking, which I love to do…so I get into playing it for hours and hours."
      Sanghyun was totally surprised, but quickly replied with excitement.
      "Oh I like that anime too! My favorites are Naruto and One piece...I can't say a favorite video game cause I love a lot...but I'm pretty fond of the Kingdom Hearts series."
      "Oh I love Naruto and One Piece as well...bleach too! Oh and Kingdom Hearts is always great...I love the Star Ocean and Tales series. I get hooked on them."
      "Kekeke you should stop being so perfect already! You keep saying what I wanna hear!"
      "No I'm being serious~"
      
      All of the awkwardness had left, replaced by the bubbly laughter erupting from both of you. The pair both had rosy cheeks due to the cool winter air and probably a mixture of blushing as well. Sanghyun knew he really liked you already, thankful that his sister had set up such a thing for him. His nosey Noona always had his best interest in mind and always looked out for him...
      
      ...
      
      After much chatter between the pair you told him you had to go, having to meet with your family for Christmas festivities and such. When you told him, Sanghyun looked absolutely crestfallen, as if someone had taken his PSP from him and broke it. He walked you back to his house so you could get your car keys, once you'd procured them, he walked you to the door, away from his family’s eavesdropping ears.
      
      "I had a lot of fun talking with you~"
      "Me too...let's get together soon."
      "Would you like my number? I mean I know you could spend time with a lot of other girls but...”
      "Hahaha~ id love your number...here, program your number into my phone and I'll do the same in your phone."
      
      The pair switched phones for a moment, both smiling in amusement.
      
      "Text me anytime, day or night. Even if I'm busy, I'll respond."
      "Ah Sanghyun! I now see why you've got so many fan girls after you..."
      You blushed, your eyes averting to the tiled foyer in front of the door. Neither of you noticed Dara, their mother and father eavesdropping around the corner but it didn't really matter. Cheondung wanted to kiss those pretty glossed lips of yours but he wasn't...that forward of a guy. He needed an excuse...anything...
      
      His eyes drifted up to his perfect answer, mistletoe, placed perfectly at the top of the door. Yes! This was why he loved Christmas...he used to hate mistletoe, his family members using it as an excuse to kiss his cheek annoyingly but now...it actually served him well. Gooood mistletoe, Cheondung was thinking.
      
      "Well bye for now..." You turned to leave until Cheondung grabbed your arm, turning you around to place an awkward kiss to your lips. You could hear his family gasp, your eyes widening until he pulled back in embarrassment. "Mistletoe!" Was all he could say, his cheeks red. Your eyes looked up to see the mistletoe...but... You weren't satisfied with that kiss, not at all. So you stood on your tippy toes and placed a chaste kiss on his cute lips.
      
      Immediately, Cheondung was responsive, gently placing his hand behind your neck, urging you closer. He didn't know where this side of him came from but he liked it. You pulled back with reluctance, a shy smile on your lips. He, however, was smirking in self-assurance...
      
      "Well...mistletoe huh?"
      "That damn stuff huh?"
      
      You both chuckled and he bent over to place a goodbye kiss to your lips.
      
      "Merry Christmas~ don't forget to text me..."
      "I won't! I'll text you tonight~"
      
      With that, you walked outside, hearing Dara squeak in utter excitement while Cheondung groaned in exasperation, for the teasing that was assured to come. That was the best date you'd ever had...Ahhhh~ you sighed in utter bliss as you sat in your car, the widest smile on your lips.
      
      Who would have ever known that you could have ever scored a date with the most adorable yet y when he tries to be, Thunder from MBLAQ? You'd have to thank Sandara for this one day. Who would have known that mistletoe would have been why a super star idol stole your first kiss? Christmas would now and always remind you of your soon to be boyfriend Park Sanghyun.