Final

Constellations

TaeHyung exhales loudly as he feels HoSeok lay down next to him. His eyes are closed but he can feel HoSeok lay down. He also feels HoSeok attempt to say something, but the older man hesitates. TaeHyung guesses he's still scared.

 

HoSeok finally speaks. "You're on the roof again." TaeHyung still doesn't understand why humans feel the need to state the obvious, but he chooses to entertain him. HoSeok likes to talk and TaeHyung likes the sound of HoSeok’s voice.

 

"Yeah." TaeHyung smiles; he can feel HoSeok’s dissatisfaction with such a short answer. HoSeok waits, impatiently, for TaeHyung to say something else. "I'm looking at the stars." TaeHyung's eyes are still closed but he can visualize the look on HoSeok’s face: his nose wrinkling at the bridge, a small half-pout, half-scowl on his lips and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and frustration.

 

"Your eyes are closed." HoSeok’s voice is flat.

 

"Yeah."

 

"TaeHyung," HoSeok whines, and a smirk explodes onto TaeHyung’s face. "TaeHyung~ don’t ignore me."

 

"But you're annoying," TaeHyung jokes. HoSeok hits him and mumbles "". "You know I'm kidding. You're the only human I like."

 

HoSeok’s face flushes a pretty pink, and even though TaeHyung’s eyes are closed, he knows that the alien knows. HoSeok attempts to divert attention away from his rosy cheeks by looking up at the night sky. The stars hang in the dark in patterns unknown to HoSeok. Old heroes, majestic beasts and big and little "dippers" are spread up above the earth, and HoSeok wonders if there are any sad love stories written in those twinkling spots. He wonders if there is any room in the hall of fame of the sky for the story of a love that is wrong on galactic levels.

 

"You're quiet," TaeHyung notes.

 

"Which one's your home?" HoSeok’s voice is small and every bit as curious as that of a young child's. TaeHyung finds himself chuckling.

 

"You can't see it from here; it's too far away."

 

HoSeok feels small, incredibly small and incredibly far away from TaeHyung. He unconsciously slides closer to TaeHyung, craving the comforting feeling of his body heat close to him.

 

"Are you going to go back?" HoSeok sounds so distant and fragile and so unlike the loud, obnoxious clown that he usually is—so much so that TaeHyung’s eyes fly open. He gazes at HoSeok with big, sympathetic eyes. TaeHyung planned to go back, originally, but the past months he's spent with HoSeok made him change his mind.

 

"It depends. You hunted me down, and then you captured me, and now you're keeping me captive. If I get released, I'll leave." TaeHyung rolls onto his side, propping himself up on his elbow. He stares down at HoSeok, whose pink tint has deepened to an attractive crimson.

 

"I think...I think you'll stay." HoSeok finally, finally makes eye contact with TaeHyung. He smiles, at first shy but later his trademarked big and goofy. TaeHyung, spurred by some urge that he blames on breathing Earth air for too long, leans down and presses his lips against HoSeok’s. HoSeok’s hesitation has completely melted away as he kisses back, the need for TaeHyung to stay and the fear that TaeHyung won't overwhelming him.

 

When they pull away, HoSeok’s face is still red and TaeHyung thinks that, if stars were only noticed for their heat and not their light, then HoSeok would definitely be a star.

 

When they pull away and TaeHyung is grinning, HoSeok thinks that, if constellations were formed in the sky at the greatest moments of their stories, then TaeHyung would definitely explode into a thousand little twinkles and fly up to his place amongst Orion and the Big Dipper.