How I met 'the one'

How I met 'the one' - Myungsoo

Park Nari

The one who stole my heart with her bubbling personality, and her unbelievable-wide smile.

She can easily melt my icy heart.

 

She was just a new student in my school back then. Yes, my school. Not my class. And the very first time I saw her face was because she bumped into me at canteen. So hard until the soup I was holding on, fell. And yes. Both of us fell too. And my soup is all over our bodies. Fortunately the soup wasn’t hot.

Then, I heard everybody gasped. Yeah of course they gasped. Hello? Who the hell messes with me? So durst huh? Until now, no matter how intrepidity they are, they would never mess with me. But, all this girl does was just giggle. When I looked up, she was still looking down while suppressing her giggles. Barely nobody frowned looked at this sight. I recognize her as a new student when I saw her clothes. It was new and it looked so over-sized for her.  When she looked up, I got mesmerized. She is so beautiful, so much that I can't stop looking. She didn’t look sorry nor guilty. Instead, happy is all I see when I looked at her beautiful brown orbs. Everything about her is just so beautiful.

But, I can’t let my guard down. Despite how I want to look at her every second of my life, I averted my eyes. Still, I can’t stay angry at her. My angers has already evaporated since I looked at her. And if I said something that day, I can’t guarantee I wouldn’t stutter. So all I did is just stand up, stoic-yet-cold face plastered on my face. When I’m about to leave, she stood up and held my wrist.

When I turned back, I’m taken aback. Her height was just what I like.

“Nari..” ”My name is Kim Nari” she adds quickly when she saw I knitted my eyebrow. She stretched out her right hand to me. And then I reached her hand and shook it.

“I’m L” Whaat? I am cold person. But I’m quite friendly. However, thanks god I didn't stuttered that day. I can't lose my image if I do that. Everybody stared in awe. Yeah okay, I know that it’s really rare to see me socialize with other people. But hello? Why are you staring like it never happens at all? After all, I have friends too, you know.

After we introduce ourselves, I turned back with same expression, and I left her dumbfounded.

After that time, I can’t stop staring at her wherever she is. My eyes always followed her presence. And because of that, I knew her house, her hobbies, her friends, her routine activities, and of course, her class.

The second meeting we had is when I stalked her for the nth times. My friend, Sungyeol and my dearest brother, Sunggyu, already told me for many times that I should at least have a normal conversation. But, despite on how manly I look like, I stutters easily when I get close to her. Only her who can make me feel so nervous like this.

Whenever I stalked her to her home, there’s no way I’ll talked to her. Until finally there’s 3 boys who trapped my(ahem) Nari. I was planning to just see what's happening from a far. But, it’s getting weirder, despite how weird it already was. One of those boys grabbed her wrist harshly. ‘Okay, now it's time to show that you're a man, Myungsoo. Stop being so girly’ I courage myself. I walked towards 'my' girl. When I walked closer, I recognized them as my dad’s men. I walked towards them in hurry.

“Ya! What do you think you’re doing huh?!” I death-glared them. When they realized who talked, they hurriedly line up and put their heads down.

“Don’t you ever dare to lay your dirty hands on her! Or else I'll kick you out. Understand?!”

“Ye-yeah” They nodded weakly and left. I looked at my dearest. She looks so pale that time.

“Are you okay?” She shook his head. I reached out my right hand, she flinched.  I sighed.

“Just… be careful” I turned away and suddenly I felt something caught my wrist.

“Do- Don’t leave me.” Her pale lips trembled. I sighed and looked into her beautiful brown orbs.

“W- Who are they?” She asked.

“Well, my dad’s men” I shrugged. She frowned

Nutshell, I walked her home. And we talked a lot. Yeah, I pretend didn’t know anything. From what I see, she likes to talk and grin, a lot. We talked about each other. And we exchanged our number

And after that, since we are getting closer, our meeting were not just one-sided meeting anymore. We did text and call each other frequently. Everybody clicked their tongue in disbelieve. How exactly did this grumpy, cold and handsome (ahem) boy befriends with someone child-like-appearance, cute, and bubbling girl. I liked her , or should I say I love her. Never did I ever feel this warm and very comfortable feeling before meeting her. Even not with Sunggyu, It's different though. It’s never awkward with her, despite on how awkward person I am. Moreover, she never protests nor judges my silence.

                So, now is our nth meeting. I sat with her on the grasses at the park. My heart beats so fast everytime I remembers my plan.

                I will confess to her right now, this night.

                "Nari,” oh Geez calm down, heart. Inhale, exhale.

                “Hmm?” she looks into my eyes. Be a man, Myungsoo! I sigh.

                “I love you” I can feel my cheek becomes hot. I hope she couldn’t see my blush, considering on how dark it is now. She hums while nodding.

                “I love you, too” she said.

                After a long pause,

                “So…?” I assure.

                “’So’ what?” I can see playful smile behind her oh-so-innocent eyes.

                I let out depressed sigh.

                For once I hated her innocent-being.

                “Nari… be mine okay?” she chuckles. Even her chuckle can make my heart stops beat for a moment.

                “I’m all yours” the she come closer to me and peck my lips shyly. I shocked at the sudden ‘attack’. Then, I hugged her and kiss her deeply and lovely.

                She is definitely ‘my one’, the love of my life.