New Years Eve

New Years Resolution

"I can't believe this is how I'm spending my New Year's." Junghwan thought to himself. He was seated in his friend, Chansik's, backyard. Him and his friends had formed a circle, with a bag in the middle. Inside was a grill lighter, an apple, some earphones, a bottle of cold water, and a bag of weed. It was probably 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside, and they were all in their pajamas, which for three of them consisted of a t-shirt and boxers. Chansik was wearing a onesie, which only made him look more like a baby, and Shinwoo had opted for longer pajama pants.

Shinwoo and Jinyoung were giggling to themselves, excited to finally be taking their friend's "Mary-Jane ity" as they called it. Shinwoo was drilling precise holes into the apple, his tongue poking out through his lips, while Jinyoung held his phone out for light. It was three in the morning.

They waited until Chansik's parents had left. They were out at the bar, probably already drunk. This is why his house was the perfect place for their younger friends' rite of passage.

Junghwan was huddled against Sunwoo for warmth. Sunwoo was probably his closer friend within their little friend group. The other rested his head on Junghwan's shoulder. His warm breath ghosted against Junghwan's shoulder.

"Okay. So keep your finger over this hole, right? Light this part, it's got the stuff in it, and in the air through this hole." Wow. Great directions, Shinwoo. Junghwan would just do what he saw the other's doing. Jinyoung was first. As soon as he pulled away, he let out a few harsh coughs.

"That's why we have the water, kiddos." Jinyoung said in a scratchy voice, as he took a few sips and handed the apple to Shinwoo. After in through the fruit, he blew out a small cloud of smoke and passed it down to Chansik. After the maknae, was Junghwan.

He had no idea what he was doing as he was handed the apple. He took the lighter into his shaking palms and held it to the drugged apple. Lighting the herbs, and breathing in the weed burned his throught and stung his lungs. He tried to blow out smoke, but he was soon a coughing mess. He gulped down the water before shoving the damned thing to Sunwoo.

Jinyoung was clutching his stomach as giggles bubbled through his lips.

"Oh god, he's feeling it" Laughed Shinwoo. Junghwan couldn't believe how much of a light-weight Jinyoung was. So far, the-first-timer felt nothing special.

Junghwan jumped as he heard a harsh yelp to his side. Sunwoo had burned the inside of his nostril with the lighter. Yep, he was an idiot.

"Do you want me to light it for you?" Offered Shinwoo. And so they spent about twenty minutes like this. Puffing and passing, and as the time ticked on by, Junghwan felt nothing. His eyes might've been playing tricks on him, but the night sky appeared to have more stars and it may have been a bit tinted pink. But he felt like his mind was just playing tricks.

"When is this going to kick in?" Asked Chansik. The youngest apparently hadn't felt anything either. 

"Maybe you've just been doing it wrong." Giggled Jinyoung. Oh god, this would be so disappointing if he was the only one who could feel the effects.

Junghwan frowned. He was cold, and his stomach felt fluttery. He wanted to go inside. He turned to Sunwoo and hugged him. Why he was hugging the blonde boy was unknown to him, but he just squeezed him.

"Are you feeling anything squirell-princess?" Junghwan whispered, his lips grazing against the other's ear. Sunwoo shivered.

"Um. I don't think so."

So they headed in. Junghwan's balance was a bit thrown off, but he still felt like his mind was just convincing him that it was happening. The five boys slipped in through the sliding doors, tip toe-ing to Chansik's room.

"Wait. What the hell. Were the walls always this yellow?" Gasped Chansik. The boy was right. The walls were an almost blinding yellow hue. They were not that pigmented before, Junghwan was sure.

"Holy , did your parents paint the room or something? Man closet is tilted too. It looks croocked or something." Junghwan added.

Jinyoung was sprawled across the bed, pressed up against the headboard. Junghwan and Chansik sat near the foot board while Sunwoo covered the middle half. Sunwoo took a seat at the desk, pulling his legs up to his chest. He hugged them to his body.

"I think it's kicking in for you guys! Congrats." Shinwoo exclaimed, squishing Junghwan's cheeks. He held out the 's' in congrats, and his eyes were half closed.

"Man no. This is it? I feel like I'm just tricking myself into thinking this way."

"Me too...is this it?" Chansik and Junghwan went back in forth, in disbelief that this was what it was like. Sunwoo remained quiet. He just sat in the chair, looking around. Shinwoo laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

The fluttery airy feeling in Junghwan's stomach grew stronger. He felt like he was melting. His toes were curling and his fingers were itching to grab something.

"Guys I need you to hug me." He begged.

Chansik complied and wrapped his arms around his hyung's body. It wasn't enough. Junghwan squeezed the maknae hard, and crawled into his lap so he was straddling him. He buried his face into the other's shoulders.

"Hyung why are you so cuddly? This is so silly" Chansik giggled. Junghwan was unamused. He needed to be held tighter, or else he'd start melting. Sunwoo turned and stared at them. 

"Everyone needs to hug me. I need to be hugged." Junghwan demanded. Soon Shinwoo and Jinyoung added into the mix. Junghwan could barely breath as his face was hered into the maknae's shoulders and his sides were constricted by his hyungs.

"Oh my god you're not breathing."

"That's okay. This is perfect." And so all of them sat that way for about five minutes. It seemed like hours. Jinyoung fell asleep and fell onto his side. Shinwoo rolled him over and covered him in blankets. Junghwan was just stuck with Chansik again, and his fluttery melty feeling was coming back, even worse this time. He started and rubbing into Chansik.

"Hyung you sound like you're ing or something" Chansik concluded. He didn't seem to mind, he just found the whole thing funny. Shinwoo had a crazed smile, and Sunwoo just looked pissed off.

"You're being too loud, shut the up." Sunwoo said through gritted teeth. He looked angered. Junghwan couldn't figure out why his best friend was being so mean, and why he never joined in on the hugs.

"Why are you being so mean to me? You never hugged me either. Please come here, I want to feel it." Moaned Junghwan. He knew he sounded like a mess, but he couldn't stop the burning feeling and he wanted it to go away. 

"No, they'll hear you. I have to go to the bathroom but I'm scared." Sunwoo said that like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Junghwan was confused, but looking back he probably souned just as crazy. He pulled away from Chansik and laid on his back.

"You sound crazy Sunwoo." Junghwan concluded.

"He's a paranoid one, I can tell. Ugh, no fun from him." Shinwoo sighed. Chansik rolled over and started babbling about everyone taking a hot shower together, to form a closer friendship. This made Junghwan and Shinwoo crack up. The term "Hot Shower" just sounded hilarious.

"Junghwan come to the bathroom with me, I can't go alone." Sunwoo begged. Ugh what a baby. Junghwan rose from his spot, still letting a few chuckles slip through his slightly parted lips. He trudged over to the spot where Sunwoo was sitting and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the hallway and leading him to Chansik's little brothers room. It was empty, since the little boy was spending the night at a friend's house.

"This isn't the bathroom. It's dark." Sunwoo said, sounding desperate and scared.

"Oh you're right" Junghwan was genuinely confused, but he took the chance to press himself against Sunwoo. He didn't notice, but he was practically grinding on the other. Sunwoo groaned.

"Stoppp, this isn't the time for that." Sunwoo said, nervously eyeing the door. The other boy couldn't stop whimpering, and the small noises were only getting louder. Sunwoo had to shut him up. He grabbed the other boy lightly by the shoulders and pushed him against the wall, taking one hand and pushing it against the other boy's mouth. He didn't know what he was afraid of, but Junghwan's lewd noises were only going to attract them. Or Chansik. Chansik might come and give the other boy whatever he wanted. Ugh, Chansik was such a douche. Junghwan Sunwoo's hand, which in turn made the other pull away.

"Ew. Junghwan you have to be quiet please!" Sunwoo was horrified. His hand was covered in saliva, and the door was wide open still. He had no idea how to fix that. Junghwan rolled his eyes, running to the door, and shutting it.

"Now you don't have to worry about anything." Junghwan said, slinging an arm around Sunwoo's shoulders and pressing his other hand agains the boy's chest.

Sunwoo felt a wave of relief wash over his body, but he also felt slightly strange. His body took over, and his mind blurred as his arms found their way around Junghwan's waist. The other boy's hand against his chest felt perfect. Then the other boy pressed his lips against his, and he felt his mind completely leave, as his hands found their way to Junghwan's thighs, lifting the boy up and slamming him against the wall.

Junghwan gasped as his back hit the hard surface, Sunwoo's shirt and losing himself in the other's kisses. His stomach's was doing backflips as Sunwoo worked his tongue into Junghwan's mouth. He wrapped his legs around the boy as one of his hands found its way into Sunwoo's shirt. Since when did his best friend have abs? Either way they felt amazing on his fingertips.

The smaller boys thighs were squeezing Sunwoo's torso, and the pressure felt amazing. One hand was squeezing the older's thigh, while the was holding his for a little more than supporting the other. Sunwoo had always loved the other's . The blonde boy broke away from the kiss, only to have the brunette let out a desperate moan when he started pressing gentle kisses along his collar bone.

Junghwan was still lightly grinding against the other, and Sunwoo felt his face growing hot. He turned and carried the boy to the bed, and sat down with Junghwan on his lap. Junghwan's head was higher than the other's by a few inches, his neck tilted down to meet the other's mouth. The kissing was sloppy, and they had little time to breath until they stopped to work their shirts off. Junghwan was so loudly, he couldn't believe he was the one making the noises. He sounded like a cheesy actress. He didn't care though, because his best friend was squeezing his thighs and lapping at his neck now.

"Am I really high, I can't even tell?" Asked Junghwan in a breathy tone, as Sunwoo worked his way down to the boy's chest. Sunwoo wanted to leave marks so Chansik would know what was his.

Sunwoo stopped suddenly, and looked confused. Is that what this was all about? He honestly forgot what happened earlier in the night. He pushed Junghwan off of him and realized that this was all just because of and champagne. Junghwan groaned on the floor.

"Why did you do that?" He was slurring and rubbing his . Sunwoo could see the dark spots forming on his neck. He couldn't believe this was how his best friend would find out about his feelings.

"We just made out because we were tripping. This isn't how it was supposed to happen." Sunwoo groaned. He raked his finger through his hair and fell back on the bed, regret quickly filling up his form. He didn't notice as his best friend climbed onto the bed and circled his arms around him.

"Sunwoo, I like you whether I'm tripping, or sober. You're my best friend, and you're kissing is surprisingly on point for such a loser." Junghwan reasurred, running his fingers through the blonde's hair. Junghwan managed to and comfort him at the same time, as he threw one leg over the other and pressed himself closer.

Soon the two were drifting into sleep, before they heard a loud bang and a scream from the next room followed by Jinyoung screaming.

"Why the would you do that to his rabbit, man?" Sunwoo swore he could hear Chansik crying.


A/N: Wow that , I'm sorry I had more I was going to include but my mom's in the hospital right now and I just wanted to finish this quickly. Anyway. This is the first time I've written anything that's not fluffy so bear with me. I'm bad at describing things, ugh, I just tried to describe how I spent my new year's.

Being high is weird.