-

I'm just an ordinary guy; Jung Taekwoon.

 

 

Leo sighed for the umpteenth time. It's been weeks since he practiced for his solo stage performance but something just wasn't right. He leaned back in his chair and plugged his earpiece into his ears, a habit of his when he feels he needs to calm himself down.

 

Kim Bum Soo's melodious voice and swayed into his ears. Enjoying the senior's voice and meaningful lyrics, made Leo reminisce his memories with her. All he had was happiness with her but he mistreated her. It wasn't her fault but his. She had always managed to make him smile, even if she's just doing her own things. He miss her, that's for sure. 

 

 'I can't forget you

I still shed tears while thinking of you'

 

He mouthed the lyrics. Somehow, he felt one with it. Maybe this was what he needed the whole time. 

 

He ran out of the vocal room to the recording studio which was located on the 2nd level of the building. He knocked on the door and entered it. 

 

VIXX's vocal coach was sitting inside the studio, giving the usual monthly evaluation to the trainees. Leo sat beside him, breathing uneven due to running up the stairs earlier. His vocal coach stopped his work for a moment, giving a 5 minutes break for the trainees so that Leo could talk to him privately. He knew Leo too well. Leo doesn't come to you with a questionable look on his face unless he has something on his mind. 

 

"Just spit it out, Leo," his vocal coach said. Leo exhaled and inhaled slowly before speaking, "I'm changing my song. I want to change my solo piece. I don't want to do Sung Si Kyung sunbaenim's song. I have another song in mind." 

 

His vocal coach raised one of his eyebrows with a questioning look," And to what may I ask? Why the sudden change?" 

 

 

"I want to tell the fans, even if they may or may not get it. I want to tell them how I feel," Leo reasoned out. The vocal coach chuckled, "Is it her?". Leo nodded. "Well then, we shall get to work on that piece," his vocal coach agreed.

 

 

__________________

 

Only a week left until their showcase, they had practiced twice the hours they usually did and focused on every single detail. 

 

The music ended and N turned to them, "I think that's enough for today. You guys did well and I am so proud of all of you!". All of them shooked their head except for Leo and Hyuk. Leo couldn't be bothered and Hyuk was just too tired to react. 

 

"Oh, look at our maknae! He's so tired. It's alright, come here," N went to Hyuk and gave him a hug. Hyuk would've pushed N away if he wasn't drained out. N patted Hyuk's head. 

 

"This person has too much affection," Ravi joked. "That's enough, hyung," Hongbin pulled N, who pouted when being separated from Hyuk. Hyuk mouthed a thank you towards Hongbin and he returned it with a smile, a visible dimple were on his cheek.

 

Leo quickly packed his bags and approached Ken, "I'm going to her place to pass her some things.". Ken nodded and Leo left quickly. 

 

___________________

 

He arrived at the front door of her apartment within half an hour. He knocked on the door twice and waited patiently for her to open the door. She was taking longer than she should have. He looked at the watch on his wrists. The hands were indicating that it was a quarter to three in the morning. Leo slapped his forehead. 

 

'No wonder she's not opening the door,' he thought.

 

He knocked once more, giving slightly louder knocks on it. He heard the lock of the door being twist and turned. The door opened, revealing a raven black shoulder length haired girl, groggily attending to the uninvited house guest. 

 

She squinted her eyes for a so-called clearer vision, minimizing the glare from the lights in the hallway. Her eyes widened and her expression quickly turned sour and she was about to slam the door in his face when he stucked his foot in between. She tried to slam the door on his foot but he managed to grab the sides of the door to halt her from doing so. 

 

"What do you want coming here at nearly three in the morning?!" She whispered angrily. Her eyes became slightly teary but she tried to hold it in.

 

Even if everything had happened 2 months ago, her anger hasn't subsided. Who wouldn't? She had caught him kissing, Sojin, one of the girls in Girl's Day, whom he was supposed to partner up with, while they were supposed to be practicing for a Music Bank special performance. She confronted him, he kept denying about kissing when she practically saw him off her face. He had also said Sojin had forced herself onto him. 

 

Leo wasn't the type to raise his voice. He was usually spoke gently and soft and that was what she liked about him however that night, he screamed he lungs out at her and slapped her across the face when she tried to leave the dance studio. He had lost his temper that night and he didn't know why. He didn't had time to digest everything he had done and he had found her gone within minutes, s came rushing into the dance studio asking him what had happened between the two of them.

 

He tried to contact her but she wouldn't pick up his calls and ignored his texts. Every time he tried to talk to her when he passed by her, she would pretend she was busy. After days trying to talk to her, he gave up since he had to focus on their upcoming showcase.

 

Neither of them spoke of each other nor the other people around them spoke of about any of them in their presence.

 

She stepped outside and closed the door behind her, "What is it that you want, Leo?"

 

Leo snapped out of his trance and focused on her. He stared at her, looking into her dark brown orbs.

 

"I don't have time for this," she chided and twisted the doorknob when he grabbed on her free arm. "Wait, please," he pleaded. Leo snucked his hand into his side bag and took out an envelope. He handed it to her, "I know l've done harm to you and I can't undo what's been done. This is the ticket to VIXX's Milky Way Showcase and I really hope you'll come. The other trainees are coming too. And it's also a a backstage pass."

 

She looked to and fro from him and the envelope. Should she accept it? She could decline it since she's on semi break from her training. The CEO decided to give her a short break to calm herself down after the incident. Leo, on the other hand, was given a break for self-reflection. 

 

She sighed and grabbed the envelope. She looked at him, tears threatening to fall. He lifted his hands and was about to wipe her tears away before it even fell onto her cheeks, she had slammed the door in his face. His hand hanging in the air, continued it's way and touched the front door. 

 

"Seulli, I missed you," her name escaped his lips. 

 

______________________

 

The day of the showcase came. Thousands of fans came to watch them and so did she. His eyes crept along the thousand of fans, trying to find her. It was hard trying to find her eventhough he had given her a specific seat. A special seat in the whole place, right in the center of the whole place itself. She would've be able to see him and he would be able to see her easily. 

 

She sat quietly in her seat, both sides of her seat occupied with fans cheering for VIXX. It was time for the solo performances. She had enjoyed Ken's performances and even laughed at his cuteness. Ravi was superb, his rapping skills were getting better each time she hears him.

 

The stage was being set up with a piano and the crew was busy attaching a microphone onto it. She was wondering who would be performing next. She couldn't help but listen to one of the fans beside her talking to each other. 

 

 

"They said next is Leo's performance! But, they said here he's gonna perform one of Sung Si Kyung's slightly upbeat songs! Why is there a piano?" One of the fan said. 

 

'Is that true?' she thought.

 

The whole place went dark and only the light from the lightsticks could be seen. The light on the center stage were switched on and it shone on Leo who was sitting at the piano. The fans who was cheering became silent and waited for him to start.

 

Leo's fingers danced through the panio keys. Her ears perked up.

 

'Kim Bum Soo sunbaenim's "Please". That's my favourite song from him and Leo remembers it,' her mind spoke. 

 

______________________

 

Backstage, the members were busy changing to their next performance outfit. When they heard the piano playing, all of them looked at each other, "Leo changed his solo piece?!" 

 

______________________

 

 

 

 

I can’t forget you

I still shed tears while thinking of you

I’m sorry for not being patient

I’m sorry for giving you a hard time

 

You said you only wanted me

I hate that all the memories of us laughing and crying

Are being forgotten by another love

 

I ask you to come back to me by any means

I hope we can go back to how we used to be

I will wait for you but

Please don’t be too late

Don’t go too far, come closer

Please

 

I can’t say everything right now

This is my last time I’ll saw this so please listen

I’m sorry I got angrier as I loved you more

 

I ask you to come back to me by any means

I hope we can go back to how we used to be

I will wait for you but

Please don’t be too late

Don’t go too far, come closer

 

I ask you to come back and not forget

I think my heart will hurt so much if we separate

I will wait for you but

Please don’t be too late

Don’t go too far, come closer

Please

Please

Please

 

 

 

 

_________________

His voice swarmed through the whole arena, when his breath faltered before continuing, her heart stopped beating. She focused on his expression. His eyes were slightly glistening with tears. 

Leo sang with all his feeling. His remorse, his sadness and his longingness. How he wanted her by his side, how he regretted how he treated her. That song practically says whatever he had kept inside and by coincidence, it's her favourite song. He was trying to hold his tears. 

 

When he ended his last note, that was when he saw her. She sat still, her delicate fingers were wiping something off her cheeks. Was she crying? He wondered.

 

_____________________

 

The showcase lasted slightly over an hour. Seulli walked slowly towards the backstage. Her mind were in a mess trying to form words to say. She has understood his message that he tried to pass across in his performance. 

 

She knocked onto the door which has VIXX name on it. The door opened and it revealed that Hyuk was the one who opened it. His expression was slightly shocked. 

 

"Oh? Noona, you're here!" He exclaimed. She smiled and nodded. He put his hand behind her back and pushed her into the room. "Everyone, look who's here!" he announced.

 

The whole room went silent. N cleared his throat, "It's been a while since I've seen you, Seulli. How are you?". The rest of VIXX conversed with her except for Leo. He sat quietly in the corner, looking into the mirror, at her reflection. The way she moved and the way she smile. 

 

"Anyways, how was the showcase? Did you enjoy it?" Hongbin asked her. She smiled genuinely, "Of course I did! All of you did a really awesomely out there!" 

 

Everyone knew there's a reason behind it all. They all fell silent and Seulli caught him looking at her. "I better get going," she said. All of them nodded and bid their goodbyes.

 

Once she stepped out of the room, Leo turned to only see the door closing behind her. He stood up but hesitated whether should he catch her. 

 

He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Ottokhaji? You went through the trouble to get her watch the showcase and now you're gonna let her leave just like that? Tsk, I thought you were smart than this, Leo hyung." Ken advised him. Ken pushed Leo slightly by the shoulders, urging him to run after her. 

 

Leo took that cue and ran out of the door. She hadn't walked far from dressing room. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into his chest. His head rested on the top of her head. Seulli was still in shock. 

 

"I'm so sorry for everything I had done to you. I was in the wrong and I should've admitted my mistake but I ended up losing you because I was too egoistic. I've missed you so much, I hadn't feel so lost like this. I didn't know where to go when you left me. Forgive me, please," Leo pleaded. He was already on his knees. 

 

Seulli pulled his arm, and he stood up. He was a head taller than her. She looked up at him, wiping his perspiration and tears, combing his hair with her fingers to the side. Her tears fell to the sides of her cheeks. 

 

"I was just angry at you but I still love you," she said, her voice cracking. 

 

"I'm just an ordinary person. Remove Jung Leo and I'm just Jung Taekwoon. I'm just an ordinary guy. I'm nothing special. I have a lot to learn from my mistakes and it shows that I'm not perfect. I didn't have any intention to hurt you in anyway," he explained.

 

"Shh," she put her fingers to his lips, "I understood you in that song. I've forgiven you, and I love you." 

 

Her confession made his heart swell. He cupped both of his hands on her jaw and lowered his face onto hers. Their lips touched, feeling complete as a whole. Leo felt that missing piece is being put back in him. He felt full and complete. She was the missing piece that he needed. 

 

 

-FIN-

 

 

     ___________ _____________ ____________ ______________

 

Hey, sorry if didn't turn out well. I had a little blockage towards the ending part. I really hope all of you appreciate it! 

 

-ChoiSeulli