Change

Changes - Myungsoo
Lights danced on the car as your heart began to beat against your ribs, as your nerves began to multiply. Your older brother slowed the car down as he pulled up in front of the main entrance. The tall building stood before you as you opened the car door and stepped out of the sleek vehicle. Each of the windows were lit as you looked through the misted glass doors making the building seem really fancy.

"Text or call me if you need anything." Your brother called to you as you nodded and closed the door behind you. Holding the invitation in your hand, you took a deep breath as you steadied yourself in your heels. Walking up to the doors, a young man held the door for you as you nodded and thanked him.

The clicking of your heels echoed throughout the large entrance way as you walked up to the front desk a nice man smiled at you as you handed over your invitation.

"So you are here for the Graduation reunion?" He looked over your invitation as you nodded and smiled. Calling one of his guys over, the man behind the desk smiled at you. "He will you to the party, have a great time."

Another suited man stood beside you as he offered his arm to you, taking it with a smile he lead you down the hall to another frosted glass door as he opened the door for you.

"Enjoy." He said with a smile as you bowed and walked through the doors.

People filled the room comfortably, the guys were formally dressed and the girls had various dresses on. Scanning the room you smiled at the girls’ dress choices as you knew exactly who they were, the cheerleaders, the jocks, the artists, and all of the other groups.

Looking down at your black dress, it was long with a high slit up your dress showing off your right leg as there was some bling around your waist and your wrist to match as your loosely curled hair just matched perfectly. Taking in a deep breath you searched the faces trying to find some of your friends but none of them were to be found.

— Myungsoo’s POV —

Pulling at my tie, It felt like I was suffocating of dullness. Everyone around here was either with their friends or had other guys surrounding them.

Taking my time, I walked over to the window as I took a new angle on the party. Slowly moving my eyes from one side to another I found a beautiful woman standing over by the entrance, her black dress wrapped around her torso then fell with curves down to the floor, her leg was slightly visible with as she wore some sparkling shoes to match her jewelry. 

Yet the more I watched her and saw her, the more I couldn’t help but shake the feeling that I had seen her before. My heart began to beat faster as I slid my hands into one another trying to rid my hands of the sweaty feeling before I approached her. Rubbing my hands on my pants, I took a few deep breaths turning to look at my reflection in the glass.

Your eyes finally found someone who was alone, and he was someone that you knew. Lifting up the front of your dress slightly to walk over to him you began to get nervous as you tapped his shoulder.

His eyes moved from the reflection to your reflection next to him as he eventually looked at you.

"Hi, Myungsoo." You shyly smiled as his eyes got wide as a smile pulled on the side of his lips.

"_-______?" He asked as you nodded with a smile as you looked down and giggled. "Wow you have changed." He mumbled with a smile as you looked up at him.

"You haven’t" You smiled as he broke his ‘cool guy’ mold and smiled brilliantly at you.

"Aish, I didn’t mean it like that," Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck as you just looked at him with soft glimmering eyes, "I meant to say that you look beautiful."

"Thank you." You smiled and blushed as your fingers played with your bracelet.

"I almost didn’t recognize you, I mean like your style has changed." Myungsoo said as he shifted his weight to his other leg.

"Is that good?" You looked at him a little confused as he nodded his head furiously, making the hair on his head bounce.

"You went from really cute and angelic to grown up and gorgeous." He said with a straight face as his fingers gently fixed his hair that fell over his eyes.

"Thank you, I guess I did grown up a little since we graduated." You admitted as the soft music began to change. A slow song came on as the band on the stage smiled and everyone cleared the dance floor.

"This is for all of you who took a chance on someone you loved." The singer said as the band behind him began to play as he got ready to sing.

"This might be crazy, but would it be ok if I asked you to dance with me?" Myungsoo held out his hand as you looked at him.

"It would be more than ok." Placing your hand in his he guided you to the empty dance floor.

Raising your hands, you wrapped them around his shoulders, his hands gently wrapped around your waist as he felt the low back of your dress as his fingers gently brushed against your soft skin which made both of you blush. Slowly swaying to the music, hushed whispers were heard as they tried to figure out who you were. Smiling into his shoulder his head gently rested on yours as he pulled you closer to him.

Other couples began to move along the dance floor as everyone was dancing by the time the song was over. Clearing the dance floor when a faster song came on, Myungsoo’s hand rested on your lower back as both of you walked off to the side together.

"Do you want to go outside for a moment?" Myungsoo asked as you nodded, he held open the clear door as you walked out onto the large balcony. The cool night wrapped around you as you embraced the cold from being in that warm room with everybody.

"Thank you for asking me dance with you" You admitted as your cheeks blushed.

"Thank you for saying yes." He chuckled as he inched his way over to you. "You don’t know how long I have wanted to do that." He said softly as you looked over at him.

"The holding closer part or the dancing part?" You chuckled as you rested your hand on the railing.

"Both" He blushed and chuckled as he looked at you, his hand gently slid across the railing to next to yours.

His chocolate eyes looked down onto yours as you took in this moment, with the moonlight highlighting his perfect orbs and his smile as the soft light fell on his perfect face.

"To be honest, I only came here hoping that I would see you again." Myungsoo said quietly as his hand moved on top of yours.

"I’m glad you came." You smiled up at him as you took a step towards him. His eyes gently moved around your face as his other hand lifted and pushed some hair behind your ear to keep it in place.

"You have changed so much, yet you haven’t changed it all." He said as his eyes began to lock with yours as you blinked feeling butterflies form in your stomach. His thumb gently moved over your skin as he took another step towards you, slowly you wrapped your arms around him, he wrapped his arms around you as his fingers gently slid through your hair.

"I missed you." You said softly as he held you a little tighter. Reuniting with an old friend, especially with an old crush was difficult but both of you seemed to make the best of it. Showing off the sides that you didn’t before and discovering that he was as nervous as you were around him.

Sometimes a little change is a good thing.