If I had a lover

High School Musical - Teen Top version

Songhee was sitting by the window with her book in hand and a concentrated look on her face when she heard a knock on the door.  "Come in."  She called sweetly not turning her attention away from her book.  Her mother opened the door making Songhee turn her head.  "Oh, Umma." Her mother smiled and sat down on the seat next to her.

"Songhee its new years eve, you should be out there, instead of reading." Her mother pointed to the door that was still open filling the room with the noise from outside of it.

"But Im on the last chapter..please let me finish." Songhee pleaded with her mother.  She just shook her head and grabbed the book.  "The secret garden? You've read this five times.  I've picked out your clothes now come get dressed."  Songhee pouted and got up off the window sill. 

"Can I have my book back?" She held out her hand and her mother placed the book on her palm.  "Thank you."  "Come on." Her mother dragged her out of the room and their own to get her dressed.

-In Another Room-

Chunji and his father were in the gym with a basketball in hand and a determined expression plastered on their small faces.  "Come on, keep working left Chanhee."  Chunji turned around, his back facing his fathers chest.  His mother was standing in the doorway smiling at her two boys.

"Got a guard  at the championship game more expectant, your gonna torch em." His father shouted, a little over excited.  "By going left?" His father chuckled softly.  "Yeah, he looks middle you take it downtown."  Chunji was now sweating and panting as he listened to the instructions from his father.  "Okay like this?" He faked going left and as his father reached out for the ball he swiftly turned right and shot the ball in the hoop.

"Thats it son, sweet."  Chunji and his father argued back and forth about how awesome the championship was going to be.  "Boys.." His mother interrupted.  "Did we really fly all  this way to play more basketball?" Chunji and his father looked at each other then back at his mother.  "Deh." They answered in unison.

"Its the last night of vacation.  The party? Remember?" His mother twirled in her designer gown with her shawl slumping down her back.  "Right, the party, new years eve." His father handed him the basketball as his mother continued.

"Chunji they have a kids party downstairs in the freestyle club." His mother pointed to the door, Chunji raised his eyebrow.  "Kids party?" He let the word 'kids' roll on his tongue.

"Young adults, now go shower..and quickly."Chunji walked up to his Umma with his index finger in his face.  "Just one more...please?" He begged, his mother sighed.  "Make it quick."  He made a smooth shot from the free point line and high-fived his Appa.

"Now thats the way to end it."

-In the Freestyle Club-

"All right, give it up for a couple of snowboarders." The whole crowd cheered.  Songhee had sat on a couch this time with her book still in hand not really paying attention.  "Whos gonna rock the house next?" The host searched the crowd.  The spotlight roamed around until it landed on Chunji who was leaning against a piller.

The second spotlight landed on Songhee who pulled her hand up to her eyes to block the blinding light.  "I don't sing." Chunji tried to protest but the guests just pulled the two up to the platform.  "Someday you guys might thank me for this." The host patted Chunji and Songhee on the shoulder who looked uncomfortable in their position.

The music started and Chunji stared at the mic a little confused on what to do.   "If I've a boyfriend, there are so many things I've wanted to do and I've dreamed of."  Songhee sighed and walked away seeing as Chunji was standing there frozen.

"The first one on the street kissing, the second is a train to Choon Chun at dawn." Chunji sang awkwardly into the mic.  Songhee turned back around and gripped the mic.   "The third one, going on a picnic.   The fourth one, getting a ride on your back." "And the fifth one , couple rings are the usual." Chunji giggled as Songhee held up her left hand.

"Boo, Boo, Boo.  It would be really sweet." They harmonized.  "Why does my heart go thump thump thump just thinking about you."

The song finally finished and the two were out of breath.  "Chunji." He held out his hand to the short beautiful asian girl in front of him.

"Songhee." She smiled and shook his hand.  The two helped each other off stage and walked outside for the countdown.  "But seriously, you have an amazing voice...your a singer right?"  She just shook her head.  "I only sing for my friends.  So this is the first time singing in front of a large audience, and it was fun."

"I know." She paused a second before speaking again.  "Well you sound like you've done a lot of singing too." Chunji scratched the back of his head.  "Sure, my shower head is very impressive."  Songhee turned away as the countdown started and the atmosphere got awkward again.  The two stared at the bright lights of the fireworks in front of them.

Songhee turned back around and smiled at the dazed boy in front of her.

 

Chunjis POV

I turned to face Songhee who was smiling like an idiot, all I could look at was her lips.   After a quiet minute Songhee finally spoke.   "I should go find my mom and wish her a happy new year."  "Yeah me too, I mean not your mom, my mom...and dad." I said awkwardly Songhee just nodded.  "Uhh....Ill call you, Ill call you tomorrow."

"Yeah!" Songhee pulled out her phone and so did I.  "Here put your number in."  I took a quick picture of her and handed her my phone.  "You too." I held up a piece sign as she took the picture.  I punched my number into her phone and handed it back.

"Talk to you later." she waved and disappeared into the crowd.  "Songhee." I smiled at the sound of her name.  The way it came out of my mouth tasted like candy.

I turned around and headed back into the lodge.

______________________________________________________________________

Okay so Im watching Ugly betty and I just spit out my coke because mark I think his name is kissed betty in front of his mom because betty was about to tell her that hes gay !! Ahh i love that show....oh yeah and the song they sang was If I had a lover by Yoseob and Gayoon