Baby Steps. Final.

Baby Steps

“Krissy!” Baekhyun cried out as he watched their little baby boy, Minhyuk, attempt to get up for the first time. Impatiently, he cried out again for his husband, yet much louder than the first time, “Krissy, hurry up!” Baekhyun continuously urged the older to rush.

 

Hurrying to the baby’s room, where Baekhyun and his son were located. Kris looked down at Baekhyun and their son, panting, being that he rushed from the living room to the second floor of their home. Cooing at his two daddies, Minhyuk looked up at Kris with wide eyes and a smile before resting one hand on Baekhyun’s knee for support as he attempted to stand up.

 

“C’mon baby, you can do it,” Baekhyun smiled proudly at his son, paying no attention to his husband whom he had just called. Sitting down the opposite side of the foam playmat, Kris faced his son and husband, clapping his hands, motioning for Minhyuk to walk towards him.

 

Minhyuk giggled as he stood up for a brief moment, only to fall down onto his bottom again. Laughing quietly, the two men watched their son with a twinkle of happiness evident in their eyes. Kris smiled at his son before holding his arms wide open.

 

“Minnie, come to daddy,” Kris sang as Minhyuk got up again, this time keeping his balance. Gasping out of excitement, Baekhyun grinned at the sight of his baby boy simply standing up. Mumbling a quiet, ‘daddy,’ Minhyuk slowly made his way towards Kris. Falling down onto either his knees or bottom, every other step.

 

Slowly getting the hang of it, Minhyuk stably started to walk towards Kris without hesitation. Lips curling up into a wide smile at the sight of his son walking towards him, Kris chuckled as he continued to call out for his son.

 

With his last few steps being a quick, waddle-type run, Minhyuk ran into his daddy’s arms. Scooping his son into his arms, Kris cradled Minhyuk in his arms, leaning in to kiss his son’s forehead as Baekhyun crawled over towards his husband and son.

 

Squealing out of happiness at the sight of both his daddies, Minhyuk patted Kris and Baekhyun’s cheek as the two men pecked each other’s lips.

 

“Just wait till Minnie learns to run properly,” Baekhyun mumbled quietly and playfully against Kris’ lips.

 

Chuckling quietly, Kris mumbled against his husband’s lips with a playful smirk before pecking Baekhyun’s lush lips, “Just wait till we get another baby.”