001. Jaehee

Pretty Little Thing

Chapter One; Jaehee

Im Jaehee was someone that had established her reputation before she even entered high school. Her brother, Im Jaebum, or as he prefered to be called, JB, had already done that for her. He and his group of friends, that is.

They would all talk about JB's baby sister and how "badass" she was. Apparently the story of JB's best friend, JR, hitting on her was infamous. Jaehee, of course rolled her eyes when she found out the entire school knew that she'd kneed JR in the balls when he tried to hit on her when she was only fourteen, and he was sixteen.

She spent her first year in high school with her brother, JB, Jackson, and Youngjae, along with Yugyeom and BamBam, who were both her age. On the day of their graduation, Jackson had pouted playfully and said that she didn't have anyone to protect her now. Yugyeom and BamBam immediately spoke up, saying that they were there for her, but in all reality, they weren't very effective protectors. Yugyeom was Jaehee's best friend, along with Jackson and Mark, the eldest of JB's friends. But after Jaehee had undergone puberty, her curves appearing and her features maturing, Yugyeom was dreadfully shy with her. And though BamBam had quite the mouth on him, he was short for a male, though still more than ten centimeters taller than Jaehee herself. BamBam was simply small still. He hadn't finished going through puberty yet, it seemed.

So now, in her second year of high school, she was only with Yugyeom and BamBam. Most of the girls at school called her a , so she didn't bother with them. She always got along with boys better, anyway.

But there were those four boys Jaehee couldn't stand in the least. There were originally seven of them, same with her brother's friends, but three had graduated over the years. Now all that were left were Suga, J-Hope, V, and Jungkook. She never understood why they, along with her brother's friends, had the need to create nicknames for themselves. Jaehee was a firm believer that V didn't know what to do so he picked a random letter of the alphabet.

V and Jungkook weren't all that bad. Jungkook was actually pretty nice so long as he wasn't around his friends.

It was Suga and J-Hope that always got on Jaehee's nerves. They were both in the year above her, and lived to annoy her. If she didn't have Yugyeom or BamBam with her, they thought she was fair game. Slaps to her , wolf whistles, and other lewd comments were a regular occurance. Sadly they always ran away before she could slap them, so she usually settled for flipping them off.

Today BamBam was gone sick, so she was stuck with Yugyeom. They ate lunch together in a comfortable silence, both of them always being the quiet type.

One fun fact about Jaehee was that she actually enjoyed skinship, so long as she was the one initiating it. She only did it with those she was close to, and since Yugyeom was shy with her now, it was always amusing to see his cheeks burn when she would wrap her hands around his arm and rest her head on his shoulder. But he would always smile.

"Do we have a test in literature tomorrow?" Jaehee asked as she nibbled on one of her cookies, her head on Yugyeom's arm.

The other nodded as he ate a large spoonful of rice. "Yeah. Saeng said it would be over Cavalier poets."

Jaehee nodded and closed her eyes before opening them with a groan. ". I forgot I had to talk to Lee songsaengnim about that stupid math assignment I missed." She got up and packed her lunch away, stashing it in her bag before standing. "I'll be back in a bit, Yugyeommie," she called.

Yugyeom nodded, not even blushing at the nickname he'd been given when they were eight.

 

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

 

". Im Jaehee, five o'clock," J-Hope breathed as his eyes immediately skimmed up and down Jaehee's pale legs. "And damn she's looking fine as always."

"Of course she is," Suga said with a roll of his eyes, a grin making its way onto his lips. As she passed by their table, he whistled. And as always, they were graced with the showing of her middle finger.

"Damn," V said longingly as he stared after her . "I envy the man that will get that one day."

"You should be jealous," Suga said. "It will be a glorious day for me indeed."

"Please." J-Hope rolled his eyes. "I'll her before you ever will." The two continued to bicker, V interjecting every now and then. Jungkook rolled his eyes and sighed, taking off a large bite of his bread, mumbling "Idiots." under his breath.

 

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

 

Yugyeom and BamBam generally always walked home with with Jaehee, her and her brother's house being "the place to be", it always seemed.

"Jaehee!" came a happy call, and immediately, Jaehee was scooped into someone's arms and spun around. She smiled as she was set down, reaching up to pat Jackson's cheek. "Hi." At her touch, the male smiled even wider.

A set of hands came down over her eyes, and a low voice murmured, "Boo," into her ear. She tilted her head then turned around and hugged the male tightly. "And when did you come back to Korea, Mark Tuan?" she asked with a grin. Mark had been in the US for the past month, and they weren't expecting him to be back for another month yet.

"They didn't need me for as long as they thought," he explained while ruffling her hair, causing her to scowl.

"Jeesh guys, you saw her ugly face yesterday," JB called out from the couch, where he was munching on pepero and slamming buttons down on his controller, completely focused in on the video game in front of him.

Jaehee rolled her eyes and smacked her brother's head as she walked past him, up to her room. JB cursed after her when he saw that because of the distraction, he'd been shot on the game and died. BamBam snickered, causing JB to glare at him.

Jaehee flopped down on her bed, running her fingers through her hair with a grin. Mark was back. He hadn't been gone long, but still, Jaehee had missed him. He was her first love, after all.