You're not alone anymore

You Have Me

8 year old Jieun cried and cried as she walked in the dark alley way calling for help. She was an orphan and she had ran away from the orphanage. She was lost and was currently trying to be brave. She sobbed and held tight the only think she had for company.
A stuffed panda bear, which was half her size.

Then, she heard a bang. She gasped and walked faster still crying calling for help. But a little quieter this time.

It was midnight and Jieun had walked for what seemed like hours. She didn't cry anymore. She had already gotten used to the dark but was still afraid. She was tired but dragged her self to keep going.

'Hey!' a voice could be heard from not so far away. Jieun turned around to find nothing.

'Hey kid!' the voice yelled a little louder. Jieun turned around and found a tall shadow over her. She wanted to scream but couldn't.

But then the figure bent down and she could see his face. It was a boy at about 18-19 years old. He had a gentle and welcoming smile and his hair was wavy and brown.

'Hey.' his voice gentle and deep. 'You lost?'

Jieun nodded.

'What's your name? I will help you find your family?' he said coolly.

Jieun looked at him sadly.
'My name is Lee Jieun and... I don't have a family.'

The man looked at her.
'I dont have a family either.'

'You don't?' Jieun asked.

He shook his head. 'No I ran away cuz my family was cruel. I didn't want to be part of them.'

'Why don't we be family?' Jieun said happily.

'O-Ok.' The man smiled and Jieun hugged her.

'Big brother.' she muttered.

'the smell' Jongin thought as he tried to contain himself.

He couldn't. He bit the child.

'Jongin. Stop. You're not one of them. Stop now.'

With that he stopped. His eyes widened. The girl was unconscious.

'What have I done' He thought. This was his first bite and this was the first time he had given in. He now was in an inseparable bond with her.

He sobbed.
'I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'

Then Jieun opened her eyes.
'You're a vampire.' she said in a bare whisper.
'Am I one too?'

Jongin was surprised at how calm the kid was. He shook his head but his words weren't clear and she was growing unconscious once again.

______________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was inspired to write this because of a book about a vampire I read at a library a few weeks ago. I can't remember the title though...