Look-Alike

Imitator Revisited

Takeru was pouring a glass of water when his hand began to slip, bumping the glass, letting it fall over while fainting. Everyone who was present in the room rushed to help him. Shinpei checked his temperature and concluded that Takeru had a very high fever and needed a doctor right away. Masato took up Takeru’s legs and Yuji lifted him by the shoulders to place him somewhere more comfortable than the floor. Chiyu immediately called a doctor and urged him to come as fast as possible. Masato and Yuji had put Takeru in bed , tucked him in and took chairs to sit close by in the bedroom. The doctor arrived soon after the call and examined Takeru thoroughly.

“He has to stay in bed for at least two weeks.”, the doctor concluded.

“But our tour starts in three days!”, said Shinpei.

“He won’t be able to participate. He needs to stay in bed and rest up. And you’ll have to feed him healthy dishes. I am sorry, but that’s how it is. Here’s a prescription.”, he handed over a piece of paper, “I hope it’ll work out for you all.”

“Keep it quiet.”, Shinpei shouted to the doctor while he was heading out.

“Yes, yes, I know the policy.”, the doctor muttered.

“I am sorry, guys.”, Takeru spoke softly.

“You didn’t chose to fall ill.”, said Chiyu.

“Don’t worry.”, Yuji followed.

“We’ll figure something out.”, smiled Masato.

“Now, rest up.”, said Shinpei and they left the room so Takeru could sleep.

“Guys! We need to find a solution! Quick!”, urged Shinpei. Chiyu threw himself on the couch completely loosened up, while the others were thinking awfully hard on an answer for their problem. But no one could think of one. What could they possibly do besides cancelling the tour?

“How can you be so relaxed?!”, exclaimed Shinpei, an angry tone heavily present.

“The answer is simple! We should find a look-alike.” Shinpei stared at him and began to rage: “Do you think they’ll come knocking on our door?!”  

In anger Shinpei left the building and went to a café that was close to the hotel. Not much later Masato and Yuji went out to find a look-alike for their sick friend.

 

At the café Shinpei was muttering about what had happened at the hotel before sipping his drink, when someone entered.

“How can I help you, sir?”, was asked.

The other person who was supposed to order laughed as if the best joke ever was told and then all smiles asked for a coffee with a cloud of milk. The person who had ordered the cup of coffee had begun to talk to himself: “Sir?! How on earth did they get that idea, I am a girl for heaven’s sake.” She accepted her order and drank from it before looking around to find a table for herself. While she was searching she heard girls squeal and turned her head in that specific direction. Her gaze fell on the door and then she noticed that five girls of a large group ran up to her and asked for autographs.
“Who do you think I am?”, she asked in surprise, wondering who she might have been mistaken for.

“You must be a member of Ganku right?!”, one of the girls said, while the person drank her coffee.

“Yes, you are rather close to Shinpei-sama!”, agreed another one pointing at Shinpei.

“Yes! Weren’t you going to sit down with him?”, the third exclaimed.

Her gaze went over the tables close to her, and then she saw that next to her a person was seated at a table for two, drinking tea and wearing headphones. He was staring at her with big eyes, wondering if his eyes were deceiving him. She examined the man, knowing he looked familiar and then a shock went through her mind: “It IS Shinpei!”

“You must be Takeru, right?!”, one of them squealed. The girl shook her head at the fans, partially in disbelieve but also comprehending that faults could be made and that mistakes were quite often present. She was a bit hurt to be mistaken for a man, but accidents tend to happen. And those mostly weren’t pleasant.

“I am sorry. I am just a girl, like any of you. I am sorry to disappoint you.”, She finished her coffee, placed it on the counter and ordered a soda. She put one of her hands in her pocket, receiving the can quite quickly after ordering and drank from the soda, ignoring the girls who were dumbstruck and then walked over to a seat at the window. There she took out a magazine and began to read.

 

Shinpei was shocked. Was his hearing still intact? Did the headphones block out anything of the conversation he had followed? He stood up and the fans were all over him asking for his autograph. He stared down on them, as they were shorter than he was and refused, saying he was sorry and in a hurry. He walked up to the girl who sat by the window, reading her magazine. He took her hand and yanked her out of the chair.

“What the…?!”, she exclaimed but he dragged her outside and took her up the streets.

“Help! Someone, I am being kidnapped! Or at least held without my consent!”

But everyone around her ignored, laughed or took pictures.

“Why?! Why don’t they do anything?!”

He shoved people aside when the crowds became dense. The girl bumped into people, but Shinpei didn’t care as long as he held her he knew she was coming with him. She wondered what Shinpei wanted with her, why he was dragging her with him without saying anything. He could have asked her to come with him, that would have been a different approach and a correct one. It would make her feel less forced to do as he told or didn’t tell her, because he was just dragging her and it was clear that this meant that he wanted something from her and that it was urgent. She was led into a tall building, she calculated that the building must at least have 30 floors. She got pushed into a elevator. Shinpei still held her tightly by her hand, it hurt her as he was squeezing quite hard, but she didn’t dare to speak up. She just watched the elevator going up and up as if there was no end to it. All that time Shinpei didn’t speak up, never asked something or made a remark. It was utter silence the whole ride long. The elevator stopped and she was led past a door and another one and then another. After they had passed several doors she saw that this wasn’t an ordinary apartment. It was more of a hotel. Finally they entered a door themselves. Not much later she was dragged through the living room to a small hallway with a few doors, she got pushed into a room. It was dark here and she heard some coughing. And she just knew someone was very ill.

“Takeru, I’ve found a replacement for you.”, was the first thing Shinpei said since dragging her away from her magazine up the streets to the hotel into a bedroom.

“What?! I never agreed to such a thing!” He shushed her soon after she spoke.

“Takeru is ill you know.”, he sneered.

“I can’t even sing! I am a girl too, for crying out loud! What do you want from me?”

“That doesn’t matter, lip-sync exists you know. You have to replace Takeru no matter what.”
“She’ll do.”, Takeru finally spoke slowly. Shinpei gave him some water, patted his head, whispered some reassuring words and led the girl out of the room.