never say impossible [1/1]

never say impossible

never say impossible

 

This is un-betaed and I am a fail.

 

 

 

 

•••••

Mark watches Jaebum dial the number on his cellphone, only to get his arm yanked by Jackson and for the cellphone to drop on the floor in the process. "Thanks," the leader says absently when Bambam picks it for him.

With a sigh, Jaebum wears a smile and taps Jackson's nose. The latter's reaction is to cutely wrinkle it. "You've got to behave, Jackson. Hyung has to make a very important call."

"Ackson." The toddler repeats, accompanying the word with a clap of his hands. Mark observes curiously and anxiously the shirt that once fitted Jackson properly looking like triple his size now- -obviously.

The tension in the room is so thick it could be cut with a knife as they all look at the two play for a little while until J.Y. Park finally answers the call, and Mark notes that it intensifies the nervousness of everyone.

The six guys- -well, five and a quarter, have their eyes set expectantly on Jaebum as he starts talking. "Oh. Hello? Yes, hello. There's an emergency, man- -Don't move." Jaebum frowns, scolding Jackson that is trying to reach the device. The gray-haired man tucks it in between his shoulder and ear. "Jackson, c'mon."

"Jeybee." Jackson pats the side of Jaebum's face and gives the older guy a toothless smile, clearly not caring about the pleads.

Obtaining nothing because Jackson just keeps on squirming in his arms and touching his face, Jaebum gives him a brief look before asking Junior to help him. "Hold him firmly." He instructs while he takes the cellphone in his hand to talk properly to their J.Y. Park-sshi. "Hello? Yes, sir, it's Jaebum," he covers the receiver with a hand. He tugs at the hem of the oversized clothe of Jackson. "You have to wrap the red t-shirt around him, Junior. He's not wearing anything other than that." 

"Right." Junior answers with a nod, already doing what the leader said. 

Jaebum waits patiently for Jackson to be perfectly protected from coldness. "Good job." He mutters. After that, a mask of seriousness falls on his features. "Sorry, Jinyoung-sshi. Yes. Huh-huh. Yes, exactly." Mark swallows, but the lump on his throat doesn't go away. "Alright. Yes- -That. Yes. What I told you- -Jackson, he became a baby and- -" and then Jaebum deflates.

For a moment, Mark holds his breath.

His gaze shifts from Jaebum who's widening his eyes and looks as if he's been told about the existence of an atomic bomb hidden somewhere in their dormitory and Junior holding Jackson who's his thumb.

"What is it, hyung?" Bambam asks shakily, worry and fear enlaced in his words. An icy block seems to have formed on Mark's chest, and it doesn't matter how much he starts soothing himself with comforting words that nothing bad will happen because,  it, Jackson is a toddler.

"Can we- -"

Jaebum stops all the coming questions by holding his hand up, and they quiet down, waiting for their leader to finish the call so that he could share the information J.Y.Park's giving him to the rest of the group. "B-but, sir- -are you telling me that- -Ah, I see."

Youngjae and Yugyeom get up from their seats, shuffling toward Jaebum. They stop after a couple of steps: there is still a big distance between them and the latter.

The silence is interrupted only by Jaebum's occasional monosyllabic replies and the voice of J.Y.Park sounding like incomprehensible robotic grumbles. Mark would pay someone to know what the two are telling each other.

 His heart is going crazy because of the mixture of feelings that he is getting as he watches Jaebum's facial expression. The waiting is killing him little by little.

Mark realises that he's on his feet like the others only when he feels something tightening around his wrist- -it's Yugyeom's hand.

"Really, sir?!" Jaebum exclaims all of a sudden.

They all snap at that.

And it seems to have captured Jackson's attention too because the next thing Mark's looking at is Jackson deciding that he doesn't want to stay with Junior anymore. "Jeybee!" He exclaims back, smiling widely as his forefingers point at Jaebum.

"I see, sir, it is. It is probably for the best. I completely understand."

What does he mean with that last sentence? Mark's legs weaken. They aren't talking about the disbandment of the group- -they can't. GOT7's debut was just one month ago.

"Jeybee! Jeybee! Jeybee!" (It sounds more like a Tseibi, but Jackson takes two seconds or maybe three trying to pronounce the name correctly so Mark's up to reward his effort).

"He will hold you once the conversation is over." Junior says, but it is evident that he is having difficulties handling Jackson.

Nobody comes to help him, though. Too many negative thoughts are running in Mark's head and he bets that the others are in his same condition. 

Junior shifts to get a better grip of the squirming co-member- -because they're still members of a group, right?

"I think so, sir."

"Jeybee!" Jackson calls again. Offended eyes are reserved to Jaebum as he waves his arms at the leader's direction, hoping that the guy would reach out for him- - Jackson's opening and closing his hands too, grasping air a couple of times - -but just like he did to the others, Jaebum holds up his hand.

He mouths, "Later, wait a second" to a kid. Really.

And to think that he was acting like a parent some minutes ago.

"Jeybee." Jackson sobs, not accepting 'no' as an answer. "Ackson wan Jeybee!"

It is the quivering bottom lip plus the watering big-eyes that click something inside Mark.

His preoccupation lessens a whole lot, and his worry is diverted to another subject- -well, to the same subject, uh, person. But for a kind of different matter.

The change allows Mark to bend his body so that Jackson and he are on the same eye-level. He has to blink once before starting to caress the latter's head in order to console him, because many things about Jackson has been altered (more like, he's turned smaller. Yeah, that), but Mark's glad that at least his round eyes look as big and expressive as the adult Jackson's. 

"Want to play with me in the meanwhile, little boy?" Mark hasn't planned on smiling so big when Jackson acknowledges him with a,

"Mawk."

Well, he can't help but think 'aww'. 

"Yeah, that's me." Mark scratches slightly the palm of Jackson's hand with his finger. "So, wanna play, mm?" He asks again. 

Jackson stares at him.

His lip doesn't stop wobbling. "Jeybee," he croaks after what seemed like an interminable spare of time which Mark spent imagining Jackson- -the Jackson staring back at him. He (the old Jackson) would have probably started chuckling after a couple of seconds. The teenager always did that. Why is he using a past tense?

Cut it out, Mark.

"Ackson," kid Jackson's tone is suggesting that there are clearly going to be tears (and maybe snot, judging from the way Jackson's sniffing), "Jeybee, Mawk." He stresses the first name and because Jackson has never been the most sensible guy, Mark thinks that it's only fair that his insensibility had emerged at a very early age. "Ackson no wan Mawk."

"Oh."

Mark is not disappointed: it's not like a big part of him was waiting for a yes or any kind of word from Jackson that would have given him the permission to hold him. He's not renderned speechless from the rejection of the kid version of Jackson- -besides, Mark has always been a quiet person who prefers listening to talking.

And this is not just an excuse for the sudden lack of words and the sudden scowl that is appearing on his face that makes Jackson's lip dangerously tremble more- -wait, what?

"Mawk is makin bad face at Ackson!" Jackson shouts, and this time Junior has to put him down because the kid starts struggling with his whole body in the successful attempt of being released. Jackson glares at Mark, kicks his shoe and then he runs to cling onto Jaebum's legs like a baby-monkey (fortunately without tripping on the large t-shirt).

Mark scoffs.

"I- -I am not angry at you." He positionates his index and his thumb at one of the corners of his mouth each and then tugs his skin up. "See? I'm smiling at you." He insists, but Jackson only prepares his foot for another attack.

"You might not be mad, Mark hyung, but Jackson hyung definitely is at you." Yugyeom teases, suddenly elbowing Mark's forearm. Then, he's walking past the oldest guy. The maknae wiggles his eyebrows up and down as he pats Jackson's head and proceeds on adding fuel to the little Wang fire. "What kind of face was hyung making at you?" He asks, amused, at Jackson while he is grinning cheekily at Mark.

What a- -

"Dis." Jackson replies, and then he's trying hard to copy Mark's previous expression- -the result is the most adorable frown Mark has ever seen in his life. He can't find his masculinity anymore when the adjectives 'adorable' and 'cute' are dominating his mind completely like this.

And when Jackson touches his forehead just to feel that his eyebrows are meeting into a frown before declaring another, "dis, Yuyum," Youngjae, Junior, Bambam and obviously Mark are making a semicircle around Jackson and Jaebum with Yugyeom, the bastard maknae, near to the kid.

Their leader is still talking on the phone with J.Y.Park regarding Jackson in particular and the rest of the group's situation, and Mark can't deny that there is still a bubble full of worry inside him that might pop in a minute or another, but at this very moment, the mood in the kitchen has lightened.

Thanks to Jackson.

It's always him, isn't it?

"He's always like that with you, right Jackie?" Bambam chirps, nodding and influencing Jackson to do the same movement. "Always telling 'Jackson to stop doing this', or 'Jackson be like this'- -'don't blabber too much'. 'You're being embarassing'. Right, Jackson hyung?"

Mark doesn't approve being the person that the members are using just to entertain Jackson.

He is seriously starting not to like the snicker and the high-fiving of the two youngest guys because Bambam and Yugyeom telling that Mark is bad to a Jackson who's hugging tight one leg of Jaebum and resting his head against it- -well, Mark's actually the good guy here because he was the only one who comforted the kid when he was about to cry.

"Mark hyung once said that there is not a person more embarassing than you, Jackson hyung." Yugyeom fakes a hurt look.

"Uh." Mark sputters. He gathers his composure quickly. "I do it for him. Don't you say- -"

"Embwas~ing?" Jackson blinks, confused. He tilts his head at a side. Mark's heart flutters because my god, the cuteness is overflowing from the kid. He remembers his friend's four years old sister and she's adorable, but not you-can-ask-me-if-it-is-okay-to-kill-you-and-my-answer.will-be-yes-please-do Jackson as a toddler cute. "Embwaaassing. What's embwas- -" Jackson on his bottom lip. He releases it a second later. "- -ing?"

"Oh, oh, oh!" Junior is slightly jumping up and down, and grinning so wide that his eyes crinkle. "Say it again, say it again!"

Jackson stares at Junior.

Then he pouts and he turns his face on the other side.

Bambam laughs wholeheartedly. "He doesn't like your excitement, hyung." He rubs the back of the older guy.

"I've never imagined Jackson hyung to get all shy." Yugyeom comments. "So the Wild&y was a shy- -" he forms an 'o' with his mouth as if he recalled something all of a sudden. Yugyeom turns his head at Mark. "Just like you, shy hyung. Hey, Jackson hyung, you and your best friend have something in common now."

"Seriously, you're not my favorite maknae anymore." Mark deadpans.

"Then I am."

Youngjae raises an eyebrow. "You're not even our maknae, Bambam."

"But I could be. I'm the cutest."

"What makes you sleep at night, hyung."

"Yah!"

"Are- -"

Their mouths all seal up when Jackson begins giggling as Jaebum tucks his hands under his armpits to pick him up. It is probably tickling Jackson.

The members enter in a second moment of anxiety as they can't take their eyes off the leader.

They watch him bounce Jackson, an arm is circling his shoulders while the other is cupping the back of Jackson's head. Mark sees Jackson run his cheek on the material of Jaebum's clothes, sighing contentedly on his collarbone while his arms finally secure around Jaebum's neck in that kind of solid grip that kids make and okay, Mark is feeling something else- -something that forms a knot in his stomach and something that Mark could definitely pinpoint if he wanted to. 

But he doesn't. 

It is not the right moment.

"What an obedient little Jackson." Jaebum murmurs, but they hear him anyway because he's the only one talking. Or breathing properly. Only when he's done with the toddler, Jaebum finally considers that there are people who are waiting for him to refer them about the secretive conversation. "Guys, let's sit in the kitchen."

-

"So," Junior is making circles in the air with his hands as he seems to replay the information in his mind and finding many missing pieces that make everything totally meaningless.

Mark would suggest that the appropriate word to describe their reaction to Jaebum's explanation is a mix between disbelief and relief, but mostly disbelief- -actually, 97% disbelief versus a tiny 3% relief. 

"..This is normal." Junior finishes his sentence, but it sounds more like a question. And maybe it is, because then he's giving Jaebum another puzzled look.

Jaebum rubs his face. "As weird as it may sound, yes." He replies, exasperation leaking in his tone. It is never fun having to repeat yourself over and over again, but Mark can't say that he is feeling sorry for the guy because he himself is wallowing in utter incredulity. "He'll turn to our crazy co-member in ten days." He says with confidence in order to persuade the others.

"How exactly..?" Youngjae inquires, gazing at Jackson who is currently on Jaebum's lap, happily moving his feet left and right while drinking orange juice from a paper cup. "Is he going to magically turn adult after ten days?"

"That is what Jinyoung-sshi assured me of." Jaebum is threading his fingers through the toddler's head; his eyes though are jumping from a member to another (no disbandment are going to happen. That is at least one thing to celebrate). "Seriously, guys, why can't you just accept the fact that he will grow old again- -"

"Day after day, or all of a sudden?" Bambam asks, narrowing his eyes.

Jaebum lets out an explosive sigh. "These events tend to lose their effects after a time of ten days. The person under the spell will return to his normal self just like the way his body transformed. If it was sudden, the return will be sudden- -if they were little changements in a spare of time, the person will have to endure the same transformation in the same spare of time. At the end, he may or may not remember the strange experience." He parrots the ex CEO, but the eye-roll at the end ruins the almost perfect imitation.

Mark dislikes the third moment of silence that stretches out. 

"Is it so hard to think that Jack- -uhm, he," Jaebum quickly avoids using Jackson's name as they've noticed that everytime the latter hears it being mentioned he perks up and then he starts blabbering and of course, de-aged Jackson has to be the why mode.

They had to answer not easy questions, such as 'Why did Mark and Bambam and Jaebum have weird hair?', 'Why don't they want their hair black?', 'Why can't Jackson dye his hair puppul (they still have to find out which color was Jackson talking about)?', 'If they like puppul, or if any of them will dye his hair puppul next time. Why don't they want to puppul their hair?'

Mark was torn between wanting to ask Jackson about this puppul-color and shutting up because that will probably lead to other questions and he knew that the others were beginning to get tired of it.

Jaebum coughs awkwardly. "He will come back." He pauses. "Wow, saying it like that sounds so weird." Jackson moves his bottom, setting himself comfortably, his little back leaning on Jaebum's body. The leader's hand flies away from the hair- -Mark looks at Jaebum arching his own back in order to be able to embrace the toddler. "Are you convinced now?" He asks to everyone in the kitchen.

"No."

"Not the slightest."

Mark shrugs. "Still hard to believe."

"Completely disbelieving." Bambam says, raising his hand.

"I agree with Bambam."

"Hyung is a kid," Youngjae points out and, okay, can someone give him the Captain Obvious award of the year? "I mean, he has turned younger of, how many years? Fifteen years younger?- -in twenty-four or less hours. It doesn't sound that odd that he will magically turn Jack- -himself all of a sudden." 

He's got a point.

"There!" Jaebum snaps his fingers appreciatively. "Listen to this smart kiddo. Tell them a second time!" He prompts, but Mark suspects that he just wants someone to take his place in that.

Junior tsks. "Okay. Fine. Maybe, Youngjae's right, but is it really normal?" His features contort in confusion. "Like, why the hell do things like this happen? Why to us?"

Jaebum straightens himself. He lets go of Jackson who is staring at the juice in his cup. "God." He says flatly. "I forgot to say that we are not the first group that got hit by this 'spell'?" He air-quotes.

"Go on."

"Apparently, it happened to Big Bang, Shinhwa, Super Junior- -"

"I bet they did not get surprised, did they?" Junior asks with a knowing look on his face. "I'm talking about Super Junior. You know, I saw some pictures of them wearing nuns clothes during their concert. That was like the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life. And they've been making stuff at their concerts- -like they dressed as women and- -have you ever seen one of them in a dress? How can a man look so good with women clothes?" 

"Uh," Jaebum says, "Jinyoung-sshi actually told us that one of the members really turned to a woman during one of their many Super Shows."

"Was it when they sang Single Ladies?" Junior's eyes are twinkling and Mark cannot fathom why. "Eunhyuk has really nice legs." He then adds thoughtfully. "Was- -"

"Let's talk about something else." Yugyeom gulps, his cheeks shows a slight shade of red. 

"Look at him! Blushing just because hyung said legs!" Bambam mocks with a -eating grin. "You were totally imagining legs. Maknae is a little naughty, erted, dirty-minded."

"N-no, I wasn't." Yugyeom denies. Wow. He's scarlet.

"Was so."

"Was not."

"Anyway," Jaebum curls around Jackson impossibly more, snuggling his nose on the kid's puffy cheek. Then, "...what was I saying? It's a group thing. It happens to some idols, we don't know why. It just does- - Oh, oh, did you know that Jay Park hyung turned into a bunny four months after 2pm's debut?"

Mark's mouth drops. "A-a rabbit?" 

"Nichkhun hyung found Jay hyung's clothes scattered on the bedroom and he thought that Jay hyung was taking a bath, but then he heard the guy's voice asking him to remove the blankets because he was suffocating." Jaebum narrates, and he looks as surprised and not the slightest amused . "Jay hyung was a talking rabbit." He presses on the last word with a tone that suggests terror. "Don't know you guys, but I'd take a toddler any time." 

"Is that the reason why you looked like you saw a ghost before?"

"Of course!" Jaebum his lip. "A talking animal, Youngjae." He exhales sharply. "Talking animal."

"Would it have been so terrible? It would have been so interesting!" Bambam glances at Jackson. He chuckles. "If he was to be transformed into an animal, I would have hoped to see him as a smaaaall kitten. Ja- -hyung's face after the days of torture would have been priceless."

A kitten, huh?

Mark's blood stops circulating for half a second before rushing through his veins all of a sudden and going straight to his heart which makes a double-flip. Just like those Mark does when they perform Girls girls girls. 

Jackson would make a cute kitten.

Really.

No doubt.

"Wah!" Bambam yells suddenly as if going out of his mind. "He would make a perfect pig too. A piglet." 

"Or a baby gorilla." Yugyeom supplies.

"Or an owl." Youngjae meddles in. "Because hyung's hoot."

Mark blinks.

Junior blinks.

Yugyeom and Bambam blink.

Jaebum clears his throat. "That was random. And not funny. And definitely not necessary. Like," he shakes his head faintly, but there is an almost smile visible on his face, "when you 'English' randomly during the show. That random."

"I- -"

In the middle of the quite funny discussion, Jackson sneezes. Jaebum's reflexes are not sufficient to prevent the remaining juice to drop- -he catches the cup, but not before Jackson spills half the liquid on him, resulting to his shirt getting a big wet spot.

Mark sprints to take the kitchen roll. He gets on his knee and quickly pulls Jackson's shirt so that it won't stick to the kid's skin. He places a paper kitchen to keep it from happening.

Jackson doesn't like it: he removes the paper kitchen as soon as Mark leaves his side. 

"Now that I think about it," Jaebum says, holding Jackson up as he lays the cup on the table, "we have to go shopping for his things."

-

They split into two groups: the babysitters and the shoppers.

Mark gets thrown into the first group (the 'hyung-line' as Bambam calls it) along with Junior and, needless to say, Jaebum- -the leader placed himself in the shoppers at the beginning, but when he put Jackson down to get ready to go out, they watched the toddler making a beeline for him, going exactly where Jaebum was like he was Jaebum's shadow (a tiny shadow. Let's say the shadow of almost one of Jaebum's legs). They immediately understood that Jaebum had to stay at home.

"I will make a list." Junior announces. He walks to his room and then comes back with a pen and a blank page probably ripped off a notebook. He's scribbling the objects the three young members have to buy- -Mark peeks at what is being written.

"Cookies," he suggests, "kids love chocolate flavor. It's their favorite."

"Cookies," Junior repeats absently. He's about to add them when he turns his head to Mark. "But those aren't healthy. They could get him crooked teeth. Let's settle for cheese."

"Cheese?"

"Yeah, it provides calcium. Which is healthy." Junior writes pears, strawberries, a lot of fruit actually, vegetables, flour, eggs, milk (x6), "because that is what they drink the most. Right?"

"Yeah." Mark says, then he asks as an afterthought, "Honestly, I'm not sure...? I mean, they usually do until a certain age, but- -we don't know how old he is."

"Yes, you're right." Junior taps the tip of the pen on the palm of his hand. "Doesn't he look like a kid of three years old?" The question is directed to no one in particular.

Yugyeom's reply comes immediately. "I think he's two."

Before giving his own opinion, Mark waits for Jaebum and Jackson to join them again in the kitchen. After the mess with the orange juice, Jackson refusing to let his t-shirt be touched by anyone, even though the low probability that the kid would easily give in was low, Jaebum's equally brought Jackson to change clothes with Bambam running after them in case the older guy will need help.

"Me too." Youngjae says, leading Mark's attention back on the three co-members. He points at his knee, then at his thigh. "Hyung's- - this tall, I guess- -yes, he's likely two." Youngjae nods at his own sentence. "Or, if we consider that he'd been short since he was young, he could be three."

Mark's mouth twitches at the observation.

They talk about it a little more and in the end, Junior rolls his eyes skyward. "Let's compromise that he's two and half. How about that?"

"Hey, ugly people."

Bambam is surprisingly carrying a laughing Jackson on his shoulders. If it's not for the fact that the toddler's pulling Bambam's hair and it looks quite painful, Mark would have something to say about this. 

No Mark, yes Bambam, huh?

But something else catches his look. He is Jackson's roommate and he swears that he has seen Jackson's stuff, his wardrobe, so many times because the guy accused him to have taken one of his clothes when he couldn't find it so Mark had to look for it for him in order to prove his innocence (mostly, to stop Jackson's whines). Mark has looked at each piece of clothing, and he has a pretty good memory: if he doesn't recognise the navy blue shirt is because that is not part of Jackson's belongings.

"Whose is that?" Mark tries to sound casual.

"The shirt, you mean?" Bambam looks up. "Mine. Since I'm the thinnest among us and I still keep the shirts that I used one year ago, Jaebum hyung asked me to lend a couple to Jackie here. Along with old underwears." Jackson sees him and starts to hit his forehead playfully. "They're definitely better than- -ouch - -Jackson hyung wearing his clothes, but we still need to buy him something his size- -ouch. Ouch, hey, o-ouch." He complains, his fingers tighten their hold on Jackson's ankles. "We'll both fall if I lose balance, hyung!"

"Babam!"

Is that so.

Mark stops Jackson's little fists to pound on the skull of Bambam some more. "You're hurting him." He says with a bright smile, but Jackson glances first at his hands trapped in Mark's, then, "Oh, nono. Please." He thinks that kids must have a sort of button hidden somewhere in them that they push when something they don't like happen because if it is not that, Mark can't explain to himself how they have quivering lips and teary eyes in less than two seconds. "Oh, Jackson, don't cry." He cooes, rubbing the little fingers with his thumbs. "Mark hyung is sorry, okay?"

Jackson sniffs.

"I'm taking him back to Jaebum hyung." Bambam utters, alarmed. They hear him singsong something along the lines of Jackie, Jackie, don't cry and then some loud kind of rap as he leaves the kitchen again.

Mark is left dumbfounded.

"Ow," Junior says, smirking a little. "The nice hyung isn't liked by kids." He lowers his head back to his paper when Mark throws him a look. There isn't anything funny at all in what happened, but Junior is still wearing the same expression when he tells Yugyeom and Youngjae, "I'll write two and half years old. Ask the salesmen for assistance or call for any kind of problems. Now, you two wait for Bambam and also for Jaebum- -in case he has things he wants to say too."

-

Jaebum gets another phonecall from J.Y.Park.

Before being sent to the nearest supermarket and stores for babies items, since Bambam's the one among them who uses social networks more frequently, they ask him to change his Instagram status to a sentence regarding Jackson's sudden fever. 'Jackson-hyung, take care of yourself better and hope you get well soon!'

Then, they have to correct Junior's two years and half into two years. "How exactly do you know that?" Junior asks with a questioning brow.

"Easy." Jaebum takes Jackson's wrist. "How old are you, Jacksonnie?"

Jacksonnie. Ridiculous.

Jackson lifts one and then two fingers up. "One-two. Two."

Definitely a toddler.

"Huh?"

"We interpreted it as he's about to turn two years old." Bambam says, typing on the keypad of the computer. "I'm just gonna see if my friends are online, hyungs. I'm gonna ask how's life- -will be very quick." He mutters as he brings the cursor and clicks to open another tab.

"Aah," Junior is staring at the list that he has written, "then why don't we buy clothes for a one and half- -"

"But he was born in March." Jaebum states as he fights a stubborn strand of hair from Jackson's bangs that just won't stay still down. "And it's February. His birthday is in a month, more or less."

"You won."

Jackson makes a traumatized face when he sees Jaebum his index to flatten his hair. "Eeeeeew! Dun touch! Jeybee is yucky!"

"How come you can say yucky perfectly, you little punk?"

The trio leaves around 2 pm. Jaebum has already made a plan on how they can spend the time while the maknae line is out- -he has a USB in the pocket of his pants. "Disney marathon." He announces to them all and while Junior agrees without a second thought, Mark just takes seat on the couch.

"The Lion king or A bug's life?"

"Kin'!" Jackson responds. "Because Ackson wan to be a kin'."

Figures.

Junior sits on the opposite side of the couch which leads Jaebum and Jackson to settle themselves in the middle. The leader insists for the toddler to sit on his own, but Jackson only climbs back on his legs. "Jeybee 's makin yucky face again," Jackson says in a tone which is very near to teasing. His face lits up at Jaebum's small laugh and he looks so proud that he's the reason why the older's emitted it for someone of his age.

Mark shakes his head. He gets up to take  the remote and then plops back next to Jaebum and the toddler. He exhales deeply for no reason.

"Ready to watch the movie, little man?"

Jackson claps his hands, shouting a very loud 'yes'.

Mark does not know why he pretends to be immersed into watching the Lion King instead of listening to Junior and Jaebum's low conversation between each other. Maybe it is because of the persistent thought that is asking not to be ignored, but Mark really is not up to give space for the 'oh, look your heart is going doki-doki'.

After all the things he'd been through just to realise it and the sort of training that he'd done in the kitchen or in the bathroom alone, and the difficulty of finding the right moment to see if all the hard work would have got him something (is it right to use the word 'something'?) seem to have no importance at this moment.

And it has to be postponed anyway so it doesn't really matter if he ponders over it now or not.

It is in between Simba singing that he will be the greatest king and Junior and Jaebum furiously whispering to each other thus Jaebum not being able to hear Jackson calling him for the billionth time by now, that Mark taps the toddler's head and oh, Jackson, little Jackson is the Jackson.

Mark smiles at him yet again- -he looks like a moron, really, because Jackson is so Jackson that he sticks out his tongue and then he bursts into a laugh when Mark says dumbly 'hey'.

-

"Ackson favowite is Yuyum."

The last time Yugyeom looked like he won the lottery was when a girl said that he was the most handsome among GOT7. "Thank you, hyung." He says, putting the plastic bags on a side. "Youngjae hyung wanted to buy this pathetic Snoopy shirt," he's pointing at his head, "but hyung, I've always known that you'd be a Spongebob kid."

Mark doubts that Jackson has understood what he's been told, but he's too occupied touching the image of the square sponge on his clothe. 

They are waiting for Junior and Youngjae to finish cooking for them: no one's allowed to get close to the stoves because the food will be a big surprise, Junior said. They are actually able to recognise the smell of boiled vegetables and Youngjae asked Bambam where they did put the carrots, so Mark guesses that they're certainly going to serve them something healthy- -seven hours and Junior is already obsessed with that word. Mark thinks that maybe it is because health falls under the term toddler in Junior's dictionary.

"How much do you like my gift, hyung?" Yugyeom knows what Jackson is going to respond. That is why he's pulling out the one-hundred watt smile.

"Vewy much!" Jackson is radiating happiness. "Vewy vewy much!" He spreads his arms as much he can and he's even tiptoeing. "Dis, dis, dis, much, much!"

"Not as much as you will love me after this!" Bambam declares as he shoves playfully Yugyeom at a side so that he is the only one in front of Jackson. He has a pack behind his back- -Mark does not know what to think when Bambam shows Jackson a Batmobile with a 'ta-daaaaaa'.

Jackson explodes from joy. "BABAM!" 

"Bambam." Mark sputters at the same time. "Y-you. Why did you buy him that?"

"Uh, why." Bambam looks puzzled. "Couldn't I, Mark hyung?"

"No, you couldn't, you cheater!" Yugyeom accuses. "We agreed that we would have not spent money buying him toys because we had no time and now, this?! This is cheating, Kunpimook hyung."

"I never said that we couldn't buy anything for hyung." Bambam defends himself. "I said, shouldn't."

Jackson looks like Christmas has arrived earlier this year. He's hugging his new Batmobile as if it's his biggest treasure. The toddler does the right thing when, at Bambam's request to tell everyone the name of his most favorite member, he brightfully changes his mind immediately and returns to say that it is Jeybee, earning Bambam's grunt and Yugyeom's cheering (the maknae was sulking before this happened).

The maknae line (without cook!Youngjae) fights over Jackson's affection until Junior calls them for lunch. Mark is actually ashamed when he admits to himself that he nearly melts when Jackson scrunches up his nose and his lips curve downward as Junior serves him a plate full of,

"Mini poops!"

"They're not little poops." Junior explains for the fourth time, exasperated. He massages his temples. "They are peas. And they are good. Please, try one." He ends with a soft tone, trying to lure Jackson only for the toddler to push the fork with the vegetables far from his mouth and putting the car-toy to cover the lower part of his face.

"Dun wan."

"Okay, fine." Junior gives up, putting the green seeds at a side. "What about a carrot? They're really delicious, mmm." He tries to persuade as he himself cuts it into four parts and eats one and then, just to demostrate Jackson that they're that good, he closes his eyes and continues making some weird noises.

Jackson watches him suspiciously.

"Wanna try?"

The toddler eyes the fork.

"Delicious, little Jackson, I swear."

It is amusing. Funny. Extremely. Mark is starting to feel what the others did when they saw him struggling into convincing Jackson before. Karma, or whatever you want to call it, tastes so sweet.

Jackson presses his back against the chair as if wanting to become one with it. "No."

"But Jackson, pretty please?"

"No wan."

"Pretty please? Do it for Junior, please?"

Jackson removes the toy from his face. He has it tucked under his chubby arm. "Juni, Ackson don wanna." He whines, touching his foot and peeking at Junior from under his lashes.

They learn that Junior, the self-proclaimed aegyo king in their group, cannot resist smaller Jackson's. He sighs, groaning. "Will you eat fish?" He hasn't still received a reply from the toddler, but he is already getting up from his seat with Bambam painfully doing his best not to crack and explode in a fit of laughters with his mouth full of food.

However, Junior has to sit down again when Jaebum appears like a ninja behind him.

"Was it JYP, again&again?"

"Yes, it's about the performances this time."

Jaebum blows hair from his eyes. He slids into the seat next to Jackson's, ruffling the toddler's bangs. He looks tired. "Guys, we need to collaborate, okay?" is his premise. "So, the next nine days are going to be stressful on so many levels. I asked Jinyoung-sshi if it was possible giving us the rest of the week free- -if, you know, it was possible not promoting anything, but he immediately denied." His gaze flicks to Jackson before fixing on the others. "We are idols, and this is something that happened before and is happening, and because it did not stop other groups from performing successfully- -take our sunbaes 2pm for example- -it should not stop us either."

Mark puts down his own fork. "But Jackson- -"

"My initial idea was to leave him with our manager in the waiting room," Jaebum smiles faintly. He his lips, "but Jinyoung-sshi suggested for one of us to fake to not feel well." He joints his hands on the table, "because it will be better if the squirt stays at home and one of us takes care of him. Uhm, I immediately asked Jinyoung-sshi if that someone could be me since he seems more attached to me- -the answer was a flat no."

"I can do it." Mark volunteers without any trace of hesitation. He gets the sensation that the answer won't be positive because Jaebum tsks.

"Our choreography will lose twenty percent of its charms without you, hyung." The leader tells him with a sigh. He lets a moment pass in which he pops his fingers. "Jinyoung-sshi and I agreed that the person can't be either Junior or Yugyeom because they had suine-flue and we don't want to alarm the fans further because of your conditions, guys." Another pause. "And Bambam, just like Mark hyung, has a quite high percentage of audience to entertain with his rap part- -I'm not saying that the others do not. You all have a big importance in this group obviously." He is giving hints, and by now they all know who is going to babysit. The mortification in Jaebum's voice as he utters the next following words confuses Mark if he has to be honest. "Youngjae, we think that you could be the perfect person to stay with Jackson."

The mentioned guy nods slowly.

Jackson is talking to Yugyeom, trying to play with him while the maknae is doing his best not to ignore the toddler in order not to offend him while simultaneously listen to the leader's talking.

Jaebum runs a hand through his hair. He locks his stare with Youngjae's. "Please, do not make weird thoughts about it." His look is unwavering. "You are an important puzzle of our team. Your singing parts are impeccable, but unlike Mark's and Bambam's- -well, Junior can do it. Just like you did it when Junior was sick. I promise you that choosing you as the one's only a consequence of the other reasons that I told you earlier regarding the other members. And," he adds before the guy can utter something in reply, "this is just a suggestion to the team. We are- -I am definitely not going to force you into anything. If you don't feel like doing it, I will understand and I will call and find another solution without blaming you."

Youngjae has held the look until the very last word coming out of the older's mouth. "Hyung," he says first then, after a second or less, he wears a smile. A little one, but it's sincere- -in fact, Jaebum visibly loses the stiffness that he had in his body. Youngjae gives them all a sheepish reassuring full smile. "You did not need to justify your decisions that much. I understand group-things."

Jaebum whistles. "I really am raising you in the right way."

"Ehm," Bambam fakes a cough, then another, "JB, the leader, is being an as- -"

"Language." Junior berates immediately.

Yugyeom holds back a laughter and in the meanwhile, Jackson hits his thigh with his toy. He really has a tendency of hurting people, Mark notes.

Getting over the small angsty moment, all the members minus Jackson and Youngjae have to prepare another dish consisting of fish. Youngjae is not helping this time, but it is not because he prepared the meal before- -it is because he has to get the toddler's trust and to prove him that they can be playmates since they will have to spend a lot of time together.

Mark hears the toddler laugh and squeal and he is all Yunji and Jeybee when Juni is sneaking smashed peas in his spoonful of fish, and if Mark eyeballs them and then he claims that he is not the slightest annoyed by Jackson's friendliness with Youngjae when Yugyeom mocks him, but he thinks otherwise- -well, no one needs to know.

-

"." Jaebum finally slips inside the car. He flattens the wrinkles of his hoodie. "I did not imagine that it would have been so hard to leave Jackson at home." He whispers sadly. "Seriously," he starts. He puts on his seatbelt, but his eyes are still looking in front of him. All the others can see is his back at them. "I feel like a heartless bastard for leaving the squirt there."

Mark does not say anything.

"Was Jackson hyung still crying?" Yugyeom asks, voice quiet because Bambam is resting his head on his shoulder and he has his eyes closed.

"If you can call that only crying." Jaebum sounds troubled. "Yesterday night he sobbed a little when Youngjae and I brought him to bed, but it was only some minutes then he slept peacefully between us."

"We'll be with him again in a few hours, guys." Junior looks at the bright side just to put the members' mind at ease. 

"I know." Their leader replies with a sigh. "But I was trying to pry his fingers off me and Youngjae kept telling him if he wanted to play or watch movies or anything else, and- -and Jackson told me don't go," he rambles, "Oh, my god. I wish these ten days would pass quickly."

Mark mentally agrees.

"Why do you think he likes you more than us?" Yugyeom says out of curiousity.

Finally, Jaebum peers at them from his shoulders. "I sincerely have no idea." It is his first response, then after some time, "maybe it's because I'm the first person that he saw in the morning." He shrugs.

"You two have been very close lately," Junior says, "even before the de-aging thing".

"Maybe." The maknae echoes. God knows how much it takes Mark not to dignify with an answer Yugyeom's, "for now what we're sure of is that Ackson hyung seems not to like the company of a certain someone."

They are only in the backstage- -they have not even perfomed yet, but Mark can feel that Jackson is missing. Yugyeom and Junior are talking animatedly while Bambam is somewhere looking for a mirror because he thinks that his hair isn't styled greatly anymore. Jaebum is talking with a noona about the performances. And probably it is only Mark who is having this kind of emotion, but he is too used to hearing Jackson say his crazy things and watching him dance girls' bands choreos and telling Jackson to hush when nobody does.

He replaces Jackson in the chorus and he knows for sure that many people are going to love it if the loud cheering is any indication. But the point is, Mark smiles through the song, but he doesn't feel like doing it.

At all.

It is when they come back on the stage for the announcement of the winner that Rap Monster of Bangtan Boys walks toward them followed by Jin. "Hi, cool performance, guys." Rapmon compliments them and they say something similar in return. "Uhm, I noticed that Jackson is not with you- -what's the dude doing? Is he okay?"

Uhm.

"He's two years old now." Jaebum reveals. "You know, the ten days thing." He says easily.

Mark admires their leader because he imagines himself in the other's shoes. Telling someone weird and surreal stuff like a co-member de-aging.

He wouldn't be able to say it with a straight face like that.

Rap Monster's eyebrows first shoot to his hairline, but then after registering the last piece, he mouths an 'oh'. "It hasn't happened to any of the BTS yet," he shares the information and then with a boyish grin that quite undo his charismatic and bad boy image (and that resembles Mark someone) he says, "Hope it won't be me. I feel sorry for my man Jackson, but JB, how's he as a baby? Troublesome, isn't he?"

Jaebum chuckles. "Sometimes."


The denial thing would be helpful if Mark did not confine himself in the four walls of his bedroom- -he would say shared bedroom with Jackson, but at this moment, Jackson is somewhere in the dormitory with one of the members that he likes more than Mark.

It is probably Yuyum, because Yugyeom gave a candy to the toddler as soon as he stepped inside the house (Junior obviously knows nothing about this or else, the maknae would be in big troubles) or maybe Jackson is with Juni, if the guy succeeded into dragging him in the living room or in any other room to teach him the correct pronunciation of words ('I don't care if he is going to turn twenty in eight days. He is going to learn how not to talk like you guys, with that horrible slang and all. That is not happening. I want him to at least have some decent vocabulary during these few days.'). Jackson might also be with Yunji at this moment. Or with Babam. Or likely, with Jeybee- -with anyone (anything) except Mawk.

'Cause Ackson dun wan Mawk.

Mark rolls over his bed, stretching his muscles. "Oh, ." He breathes out as he catches the pillow under his head to place it on his face.

Because Mark hasn't endured enough torment from the members teasing him and Jackson preferring even an inanimate object as the Batmobile over him, he has to grudgingly admit to himself that he is jealous because the feeling demands attention and being all alone, in a very sour mood, Mark cannot not give in.

Inapproriate, he tells himself. How can he be jealous that the toddler version of Jackson acts affectionate to the others?

And not to me?

Just how.

Oh, he is so ed.

-

They wake up.

Jackson whines, but he doesn't bawl like he did yesterday. With the promise that they will be back very quick and that Youngjae and he are going to play hide and seek until the arrival of the others, GOT5 can leave the dormitory without very much difficulty.

They perform.

This time, it's B.A.P. 's leader who asks them about their missing members. He's there in their waiting room. Yongguk knows everything already because news like this spreads faster than light in the music industry, especially among groups of idols as they are the ones that get hit by the spells.

"How many days left?" Yongguk asks, amusement written all over his face.

Jaebum wipes sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. "Eight to go."

The other leader nods. "Ah, I see. It must be tough, huh? Himchan," he turns left and right, looking for the co-member. Kim Himchan is talking animatedly with B.A.P's maknae, Zelo, and Jongup, "that person- -he grew a pair of horns like those of demons. And he had fangs too." He shrugs at Jaebum and the other components of GOT7's shocked expression. "He had super-ty-power too, you know. Like, he could turn on and off the lights with the power of his intellect or hit us with a flick without flicking us with his fingers- -it's hard to explain." He mutters the last part more to himself. His eyes grow for a fraction of time. "Himchan had a tail too, you know." Red dusts his cheeks and then, Yongguk is giving a dark look to an oblivious Himchan and Mark decides that he does not want to keep hearing this story, so he grabs a random catalog that they have scattered on the mini-table to fan himself.

They get home as quickly as they can- -the only pit stop is the supermarket because Bambam and Yugyeom claim to want to get some snacks to eat during the ride, and if Mark has seen them slide chocolate bars in the secret pocket inside Yugyeom's jacket, he says nothing.

He does not comment their strategy to win the toddler.

Mark keeps to himself the thought that they are practically buying Jackson's love with material things.

Youngjae is counting when they arrive at the dormitory.

"Where is Jackie hyung?" Bambam looks behind the first furnitures that he meets as he walks inside toward Jackson's nine-days-baby-sitter-during-the-shows.

Youngjae is tittering. "Follow me." His socks pad on the floor. He has a finger placed on his lips as if indicating to the others not to make any kind of noise.

Twelve-thirteen steps from Youngjae's earlier spot is Jackson's hiding place- -it's next to the fridge. That small space between the appliance and the sink, to be more precise.

Mark doesn't exactly know when they quit enjoying to see Jackson curled into a ball with his hands on his head and with his eyes closed very tight as if doing that would decrease the possibility for him to be found. 

It is Junior who gathers the toddler in his arms. "Found you."

Jackson squeaks, and Mark swears that Bambam and Yugyeom flail. "Juniiiiiii," he singsongs, letting the guy envelop him completely as his short arms try to circle Junior entirely too, cutely failing. "Juni wan to play with Yunji and Ackson?"

"Sure, sure," Junior says, already covering his eyes with his palms, ready to hide&seek.

"Yeeeeeeee- -" Jackson is exulting. He is about to dash out of the kitchen, but Jaebum catches him before he can exit.

"First, everyone should get his jacket, the scarf and the hat off," Jaebum reasons out, and something flickers on the toddler's face because he looks dazed, "and then who wants to play with the smurf, can play with the smurf."

Junior nods in approval. "Sure thing, leader."

"OKAY!" Bambam bumps his shoulder purposely against Yugyeom's. He takes off his beanie, and he is on the way of undoing the knot of his scarf, "the last dummy who comes back to Jackson will count."

And Yugyeom doesn't have to hear the sentence twice. He is already after the boy and as usual they are sort of arguing; this time over Bambam deciding the rules without consulting him.

"Kids, please don't run," comes Junior's fake snarl which goes completely unnoticed. He heaves a sigh. Then, he Eskimo kisses Jackson, pinching jokingly the latter's nose afterward. "Seven minutes," he tells the toddler, showing the number with his fingers. He frees up Jackson from his embrace who stumbles a little forward but gets caught by Youngjae who steadies him. "Careful." With a final wink, Junior is finally getting to dress himself with home clothes.

Which means that the remaining people are Mark, Jaebum, Jackson the toddler with his baby-sitter-Yunji. Mark is fast to excuse himself. "I'll be resting a little," he says, and nobody seems to hear it as Jackson is fascinated by Jaebum's eyeliner and the light eyeshadow.

"Jeybee has dis in his eye. Ackson wan too. Like Jeybee...Wan."

Please, I have it too. Don't I.

Once all by himself, he kicks his trainers off and he lets his body drop heavily on his bed. His face hits the mattress. Mark does not know how much time he allows to pass before he turns on a side. He brushes aside the odd sensation he has in his stomach- -this, this situation, the isolating himself thing that he is doing.

He is making a fool of himself.

The worst part is that he knows that he is overreacting. It's getting ridiculous- -as he said before, he is ridiculous, but he can't stop the self-pity. Actually, to tell the truth, he could put an end to it. Mark could walk out of the bedroom, he could act like it did not bother him that Jackson has not showed any kind of interest into playing with him or he has not said his name alone without the syllable 'no' or the words 'dun wan' or Jaebum's name following it yet, and even though he believes that he is one who conceals his feelings just fine, he knows that at some point he would probably feel awkward and he couldn't bear all the acting until the end- -or if he could, it would only make him more miserable at the end of the day.

Mark, immobile, stares at the ceiling for a while.

Seven days like this.

Seven more days to go.

Then after those days, everything will turn back to normality. Jackson will be his roommate again. Mark will listen to Jackson blabber about the first thing that pops out on his mind until he's sleepy. He will hear Jackson snore during the night. Jackson will come to the music shows with them again. Youngjae too. Their schedule will be quite full all over again. Yugyeom and Bambam won't stop buying candy, but at least they won't fight over who has given more to Jackson anymore. Junior will hopefully let them eat some unhealthy food.

But the thing is, lately, Jackson and Jaebum have been awfully close to each other even before the transformation as Junior pointed out. And honestly, it was not a problem before, but Mark cannot express with words why it is becoming one now.

He falls asleep in between thoughts about Jackson, teenager and not, and his attempts into thinking about something else and failing miserably.

-

Squinting because his eyes have to adjust at the light in the kitchen, he joins the others only for dinner. 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Yugyeom asks him, worried. 

They have taught them how to smile in front of the cameras when they're facing bad days. JYP Entertainment made them attend different lessons- -a Korean course, they even gave them ual education, and of course there was that time when they had to learn how to fake a smile. That is what Mark does. "I am." 

Either he has to take that class again or the members have got good at reading him (or the emotion can transpire behind the mask), because Junior does not buy it one bit. "You look very upset, Mark hyung," and the rest gives him skeptical looks.

"Tired, not upset. I guess it is because I need to sleep some more." He doesn't wince once the lie is out of his mouth. It is partly true, anyway. "I did not get much yesterday." 

"Is it? Then please do, hyung." Jaebum tells him earnestly. He bats away lightly Jackson's little hand that is tickling him (he's been tolerating it just because distracted Jackson eats what Junior spoon-feeds him without looking at the utensil and at the vegetables). "We have to perform again tomorrow and we're invited to a radio-show. Neither show can be missed."

Mark's gaze skitters away from Jaebum's. "I will. Thank you."

He passes like only an hour outside, then it is only Mark and his sorry .

Pathetic.

He is pathetic.

His attempts to escape from reality do not end well. Mark's thought about killing time by spending it sleeping as he did before, but unfortunately the previous rest proves to be sufficient for now. Thus, his mind starts wandering in a dangerous territory. There is too much angst there for Mark's liking, but he cannot control his thoughts at the moment.

He thinks of Im Jaebum because he has to.

First things first, Im Jaebum is younger than him. It may have not mattered before, but it does right now. Jaebum is younger, he cannot do martial arts the way Mark does, but he's got an impeccable voice and he hits high notes incredibly and he can rap. He may not be the main rapper, but he can work with some lines- -Mark isn't good at singing. 

Im Jaebum is a person of many talents.

Jaebum can dance.

He can act- -he's quite good at it.

Then, he's handsome. Charming.

He knows perfectly where he stands, what he can do, what he can improve and in which areas he excels. He is confident and he's able of proving it, be it on the stage or with words, without looking arrogant. He speaks smoothly- -he doesn't hold compliments back when he sees something that the members did and that he's proud of. Same goes for the things that he disapproves. He is serious when it's needed, and he knows how to have fun or to be fun without exaggerating. He's humble and encouraging- -he's their leader. Competent, charismatic, chic, swagger leader.

Im Jaebum is a complete pack.

Of course, people would like him.

Mark intentionally pats his forehead. He forces himself not think about the other unsaid sentence that is threatening to appear in his head. He does not want it. He does not want for the noun 'people' to be replaced by his name.

So, he says to himself that he is being rational when he murmurs soothingly to himself that,

"Just because they are close, it doesn't mean that there is something deeper going on. Nothing will happen. Ever. Because they are just friends."

Nothing more than that.

Im Jaebum and Jac- -

Mark gets startled by the loud pounding on the door.

"Hyung!" It is Bambam's voice.

For a brief spare of time, Mark does not know what he wants to do: a part of him does not want to see anyone, but the other finds it rude to not answer.

There are other loud knocks and this time, Bambam sounds shaky. Like he's panicking. "Hyung! Mark hyung! Get up, Mark hyung!"

Dumb Kunpimook.

The door is not locked.

With a frown, Mark is standing on his bare feet. He turns around the handle to face a quite pale Bambam. The sight of his co-member preoccupies Mark. "What the hell happened?" He asks, feeling the heartbeats in his throat.

"Jackson hyung- -he," Bambam his lower lip repeatedly, "Jaebum hyung had to go out because manager had to tell him something very important and Jaebum hyung was told to meet him at the practice room. Jackson hyung was left with us- -we- -I. Hyung, we were playing. Only Junior hyung and I, since Yugyeom and especially Youngjae hyung were tired. Hyung, uhm, Junior hyung told me to wake you up. You see, Jackson hyung. He started crying after I- -Hyung, I- -Jackson hyung. His eyes are very red."

", okay, let's go." Mark does not even think of putting his slippers on. 

Bambam leads him in the living room. 

"Mark hyung." Junior is sitting next to the toddler.

Mark has eyes only for the latter. Jackson has his small body turned to the arm of the couch, purposely in that position so that he won't look at Junior. His legs are pressed up to his chest and on his knees there is the Batmobile that Bambam gave him. Mark doubts that Jackson has understood that he is hovering above him- -the toddler has big tears rolling down his cheeks. He is not loud.

The toddler is crying- -hiccupping.

It is heartbreaking.

"He won't let me carry him," Junior whispers, "I tried, really. But he does not want to. He's been silently crying for forty min- -"

"What?!" Mark growls. God knows that he won't ever hurt Junior nor Bambam, but the next words come out harsh and they're embodied with what Mark knows is pure anger. "Of course his eyes would be red if he's been crying for that long." He hisses, nails digging into the flesh of his palms. 

Junior and Bambam remain silent.

Time stretches.

In the end, Mark sits on the floor; Jackson is in front of him. "I'm sorry." He apologises to the two members, looking at the dirty socks of the toddler. It is probably because he'd been running around the dormitory using only them. Just like Youngjae before.

"It's okay, hyung. We understand."

Hic.

Hic.

Hic.

Jackson does not even spare him a glance as he furiously tries to send Mark's hand that starts rubbing his arm away. Mark knows how this thing goes- -but he cannot possibly leave the toddler crying his eyes out. He seriously can't. That is why he tries to calm him down again.

And again.

He does not know how many times he's tried to persuade the toddler in vain.

"Jaebum hyung is going to come back soon, don't worry." He murmurs to Jackson and he thinks of playfully pulling one of his socks. He receives a small kick in return. A reaction finally- -not a good one, but it's a first step. The tears are still falling, though. "Baby, what can Mark hyung do to make you happy?"

Jackson buries his face on his toy.

"You know, your Batmobile will turn ugly if tears fall on it." He states. Two seconds, and Mark is talking again, "if you do not stop crying you will run out of tears and your face will become ugly too, Jackson. Do you want that? You do not, right?"

Pigheaded since birth, Mark thinks.

It is when Jackson's hiccups become even more frequent and he starts breathing through his mouth that Mark decides it is enough. He pulls the car-toy away, throwing it to Junior who catches it with no problem. 

"Mark hyung, he will cry even more!" Bambam argues.

And the boy is right.

Mark sees Jackson's face coloring and slowly becoming the same shade of red of his puffy eyes. "Now, that is a thing you should never do. Don't hold your breath, silly."

He gets several pudgy punches on his shoulders and some on his face as he lifts Jackson up. There are kicks in the air, in Mark's stomach, a couple of punches and then magically, be it because Mark puts a hand behind Jackson's head and starts bouncing him while peppering the toddler's face with brief kisses when he can or because he's exhausted, the struggling ceases. 

Mark feels Jackson press his face to his neck, arms finally circling around him and fingers that are playing with the hair on the back of his head. The wetness because of the mix of snot and tears are payed with a,

"Ma/hic-hic/awk, watew."

Junior and Bambam are incredulous. "How did you- -"

"Can little Jackson have a glass of water, please?" 

-

Jackson may have stopped crying, but that doesn't absolutely mean that he has fully calmed down. He is on the couch- -a toddler, a thing so small occupying an equally small space. He makes their couch look so much bigger.

His fingers are wrapped around Mark's index.

They are the only ones left since the others went to their respective rooms as Mark told them to go because they will have to wake up very early tomorrow and that he could take care of Jackson who will probably fall asleep in a matter of minutes after the half tantrum that he'd thrown. 

Mark could have not been more wrong: Jackson looks like he has no intention of going to rest. He has tried to convince him that it is getting very late, but he only shakes his head nervously at Mark and then, because puppy eyes are his weakness (and this is Jackson), Mark's felt obliged to wait until sleepiness will overtake the toddler.

He's on the floor again, cross-legged this time.

Occasionally, a hiccup interrupts the constant talking coming out from the television. Mark has put it on a channel for kids, but Jackson is not watching it.

His eyes are wandering around the living room, pausing on the screen without paying too much attention or any before he starts looking elsewhere. 

"Baby," Mark is wearing a lopsided grin. Jackson doesn't mirror it back, but he squeezes the other's finger, resulting to Mark leaning to him and placing a kiss on his little head. "Little things' bedtime is at nine o'clock. It is nearly nine- -Yuyum, JuniYunji and Babam are already in their rooms. You should too."

Jackson tugs on the hem of his shirt. "Jeybee?"

"Will be back soon." Mark assures, but of course that is not certain. He does not know what the manager and Jaebum are discussing about. He would call the leader to ask him when exactly he will be at home, but unfortunately Jaebum is the only one who is allowed to have a cellphone that he uses for calls from the agency or for emergencies. 

Mark classifies this as an emergency, but then again, he has nothing to ring Jaebum.

"Let's say that I give you like- -ten more minutes, then you will try to sleep, okay?"

The toddler gets agitated.

Mark places both hands firmly on Jackson's knees. "Hey, will you tell me what's up, Jackson?" This has happened exactly four times: Jackson makes himself impossibly smaller, drawing his legs together and his arms pressing on his own little body. Mark is confused by the toddler's distress. However, now there's also a horrible whimper coming from Jackson. "Shh, hey- -it's okay, shh. Don't, Jackson, baby. Shh. Shh. What is it?"

Jackson does not talk.

Mark observes him, eyes scanning his expression and expectedly, Jackson's face falls. The toddler extends his arms at Mark- -the opening and closing of his hands indicate that he's demanding to be held and Mark hugs him immediately. 

"Is it because you want to sleep in Jaebum's bed?" He asks Jackson when he feels him tranquilise. 

A terrible squealing voice of what looks like a japanese cartoon plays on the television.

Jackson is drawing lines on Mark's collarbone as he says faintly, "Bugy man will take Ackson." 

"Uhm," he replies dumbly. "What is a bugy man?- -Bugy man? Do you mean Boogeyman, baby?"

He feels the toddler tense in his arms. "Bugy man, yes. Monstew."

Mark pushes himself back a little in order to be able to look at him in the eyes. Jackson's fingers curl around the collar of his shirt- -he gives this scared look at the older. "Nobody will come to get you, Jackson." He promises, but he doesn't obtain the response he's hoping for: Jackson is throwing glances around the room, brief, here and there as if anticipating for a sudden attack. 

So this is the reason behind the fidgeting upon hearing about going to sleep. "Where would you get that idea anyway?" Mark voices his thought outloud.

He scowls when Jackson responds to him. "Babam."

Bambam, what?

Mark feels lost. "Is it his fault?" He drawls as he mentally tells himself that Bambam would never- -wait. The stuttering of the boy. The flashback makes Mark raise an eyebrow. He is frowning when he opens his mouth again with the intention of telling Jackson that Boogeyman does not exist. He's just a character. But before he can utter a single word, Jackson slaps him straight on the nose.

Jackson should be less violent.

"Why Mawk make mad face at Ackson?" The toddler laments. "Dun make mad face at Ackson. Ackson dun like when Mawk make mad face."

"I was not- -"

"Dis." Jackson counters, and then he mimics Mark.

Dejà vu. Only this time it is definitely not going to end like two days ago.

"What about- -" Mark starts, face clear of the previous expression. He thinks of something to divert Jackson's attention and that  would make the latter accept to at least lie on a bed. He ought to elaborate some serious tricky plan because Jackson really needs to sleep. And Mark too since tomorrow will be a long day of work. "Uh, what about we build a castle around you." Now, this is a of genius. "I can tell you that I'm a hundred percent certain that Boogeyman won't take you if you have that kind of protection."

The toddler has a feeble light of hope in his eyes. "Mawk suwe?"

And that is why Mark, at nine thirty, has to disturb the members.

-

Jackson is undeniably lovely.

He has long lashes and small plump lips and he has chubby cheeks and chubby arms and his voice is just that type of kids' voice that makes you want to squish him because Jackson looks and talks adorably. And if even Junior and Bambam have lost against his cuteness and they have verbally admitted their defeat, it means that little Jackson is irresistable.

So irresistable that when Mark asks for each member to lend their pillows to him, it just takes one look at Jackson to make them agree (well, actually, the ones they have to convince are only the maknae and Bambam because Youngae is snoring already and since it is almost impossible to wake him up, all Mark does is to just remove the pillow under his head and snatch the one he's embracing. Junior hands it to him without any complain) and one toothy smile (Mark whispers at Jackson's ear to do it) for the grumpiness of being left with no pillows disappear from their faces.

Mark is a 93-liner. He is the oldest member in the group and he's quite sure that he's the most serious and controlled and more, the least childish. 

Never he'd have imagined to be making a pillow fortress- -a castle with pillows, sorry, in his (and Jackson's shared) bedroom. To protect sir Jackson Wang, king of GOT7 at the age of about two years old, from the non-existent scary villain Boogeyman that the court jester, Bambam, has narrated him of.

"Then King Jackson asks his knight Jaebum if he can take Youngjae, his favorite horse, out for a walk- -"

"And Bugy man?" Jackson has a scowl that increases his brow. He is gripping tightly the pillows, on the last row of the pile, that are positionated either side of him. "Ackson dun like monstew."

Mark finds it a little bit uncomfortable to lay on three pillows. He looks down at Jackson. "Boogeyman is far far far far away from King Jackson, remember?" He says softly. Fortunately he doesn't lose his balance when he reaches out to take the toddler's right hand in his. Mark smiles as he sees that Jackson is moving slightly his socked-big toes so that they would brush the pillows placed there at his feet.

And sometimes, Jackson stretches his neck so that his head would touch the other three.

As much as Mark doesn't dislike the scene, he will make sure to ask Bambam the reason why he told such a story to a kid and be sure that he will never do it again.

All this tension and fear are not good for Jackson.

Mark slightly pushes Jackson's side and the latter moves, though he is blinking confused. To make room for himself inside the castle, he moves the pile of pillows on which he was on before a bit further, and if there is a little space that the monster could use to enter Jackson's fluffy structure, Jackson will never know because Mark curls his body around him. The toddler will never see it.

A smile quivers the corner of his mouth when Jackson touches his chest and, "Mawk save Ackson if Bugy comes, okay?"

"Sure, baby," Mark opens his arms. It doesn't take long that Jackson crawls to him very close. Out of the fourteen pillows around them, Jackson chooses Mark's forearm.

The guy does not know how many minutes have passed when Jackson starts rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands and after that, Mark sees him yawn. "Jackson, baby, you know that monsters are not real right?" He says, completely abandoning the fantastic story. "Bambam lied to you: no Boogeyman comes at night."

Jackson closes his eyes for a second, before forcing them open. "Ackson dun like monstew." He repeats faintly.

"But they really do not exist." Mark insists gently. "Jackson will still be here with hyung when he wakes up tomorrow."

Because Jaebum- -they absolutely cannot wait for him. At this point, Jackson remains with Mark. This is Jackson's room too anyway.

"Dun like Bugy." Jackson persists, then he is doing it again, closing his eyes and Mark flutters them close too after he shifts his body a little bit more close so that he can put the free arm behind Jackson's back. He brings his knees up until they touch the toddler's feet.

It's quiet for a long while and Mark's mind is drifting to dreamland too when the toddler squeaks,

"Hey, Mawk."

He hums.

"Dun sleep, Mawk."

"I'm not, Jackson."

He feels the toddler move, then there are fingertips pressing on his cheekbones. Mark chuckles. "Seriously, I'm awake."

-

Jaebum does not do it on purpose. To make the keys of their dormitory fall on the floor- -Mark knows that. 

"Sorry, hyung." He says apologetically.

The only light on is in the hall. Jaebum is just a shadow. "What time is it?"

"Five to eleven," is the answer, "Junior told me that Jackson is with you. Do you want to- -"

"He can stay." Mark says quickly, maybe a little bit too loud. Jackson lets out a small noise before slightly beginning to snore again.

"Good," Jaebum's shadow is backing. He is closing the door, "good night, hyung. Just call if there's something wrong."

-

The human body, they say, has almost 7 trillions nerves and Mark does not know how, but Jackson jumping off his bed to go to check that Jaebum came home safe right after he's woken up gets on every single one of them.

Mark does not go after the toddler- -or, let's say that he peeks from the doorway of Jaebum and Youngjae's bedroom if he's made it. "Jacksonnie- -ough- -don't sit on my stomach, you may be smaller, but I still can't." He hears the leader cry, but he knows for sure that he's smiling or cracking a smile as he says so.

Breakfast is longer today. Very.

Because Jackson's managed to wake everyone about an hour earlier than they'd settled for.

They spend the first twenty minutes listening to Jaebum talk about their full schedule after the spell-days of Jackson. They will have to work very hard- -first, they will make a goodbye stage. They have promoted Girls girls girls enough. They will attend their sunbaenim's concert and others to watch how groups with experience behind perform. They will appear in tv-shows and JYP is planning a GOT7 show like EXO Showtime and Winner TV, with the hope of winning more and more hearts with their different personalities and the gags that they will make. 

After that, they focus on breakfast.

Mark is having a glass of juice and nothing more. He does not feel like eating or drinking anything, but he just does because there will be questions otherwise. For a couple of minutes he tilts his head back which is a bad idea along with stretching his arms a little. He grimaces when he feels pain in the muscles of his arm and on his nape.

Must be because of the sleeping position.

Youngjae is looking at him inquisitively when he happens to make eye-contact with him.

"Jackson slept on my arm and I was kind of curled up around him." He reveals, throwing a glance at the toddler who is making a mess on the table with his cereals.

"Oh, yes?" Jaebum says, his eyebrows meet and he holds one of those scrutinizing looks that he also uses during practices and interviews. "Can you do flips, hyung?"

Mark shrugs casually. "Of course I can. The pain will fade after a couple of minutes."

Jaebum relaxes upon hearing that sentence. "That is a good news- -I mean, if you still feel like you won't be able to, I will inform the manager and you could take a day off."

It sounds inviting, but he declines. "Who will martial arts if the flying member is not there?" He opts for a joke, because frankly, he has been a sort of an in the past twenty-four hours and he has the feeling that he needs to make up for his attitude.

"Well, excuse me," Bambam pipes up, driving all the others' attention on him. Jackson's included. "I'm pretty sure I could be the revelation of GOT7 if given the chance."

"Really, hyung." Yugyeom comments flat. "And what could you do to impress us if given the chance?"

"I could try tumbling like Mark hyung does."

"And break your bones," Junior continues, shaking his head, "yeah, why not."

Bambam waves his hand as if shooing the negative replies away from him. "I could always do one of those easy flips that Jackson hyung does. That I could do, couldn't I?"

Before countering the boy, Jaebum takes some cornflakes from Jackson's bowl then, he starts throwing them one by one at Bambam.

"Hyung!- -JB hyung! You are being extremely immature for a person of your age!"

"Yah, you take that back, Kunpimook!"

The playing-with-food finishes with a loud aish of Junior- -he's half ignored at the beginning, but when Jackson puts his spoon down to copy Jaebum, Park Jinyoung's face is livid and his last warn's a mix of irritation and anger. 

"Don't make such a face," Jaebum cooes at his long-time co-member, "I was just trying to make Bambam- -" One icy glare from Junior and the leader clears his throat. "So, Jacksonnie, you must eat all the remaining cereals, okay?"

Lovely little Jackson nods, but he equally takes one cornflake that falls exactly on his own bowl when he tries to hit Bambam with it. It does not matter that it doesn't end up well, because Jackson looks satisfied. "Bad Babam! Babam make Ackson cwy!"

Oh.

Mark perks up at that. 

And Bambam instantly loses color in his face. "I- Jackie hyung- -I." He stammers with eyes as big as saucers.

"Bad, vewy bad Babam! Bugy take Babam!"

Speaking of which.

Mark puts on a serious expression. "Say," he pins Bambam down with a stern look, "what were you thinking when you told Jackson of Boogeyman?"

"Hyung, there's a misunderstanding going on here." The boy blurts out, biting his inner cheek. He huffs. "Jackie was already crying because he missed Jaebum hyung when I told him- -and let me finish first, please- -Junior hyung left me because he had to go to the bathroom and the baby just started crying like there's no tomorrow. I thought that telling him that someone will take him away if he doesn't stop could make him stop."

They give him judging stares.

"Who votes to make Bambam do the dishes for a week?"

Five hands are raised.

Uh, six. "Why we like dis?"

-

The staff and the hosts of the radio show express their most sincere apologies. Apparently they have technical problems plus, a couple of microphones were supposed to be replaced, but for some reason that they do not bother to tell the members, no one did, so obviously they cannot record if their equipment's lacking.

"I'm going to give this to Jackie hyung." Bambam says to a small frog peluche that a fan gave him after the exhibition at the music show. He tries to lean to Yugyeom and Junior as much as the seatbelt allows him to. "Do you think that he will forgive me?"

"Don't count on it." Yugyeom teases.

Bambam gives him a pointed glare.

"He will." Junior tries to placate the second youngest member of the group. "After all, Jackson spent the night with Mark hyung who we all assumed that he did not like." He elaborates and Mark does not say anything- -actually, he does turn his head at his left, at the window, instead of looking back at the three guys. He presses the side of his face on the car seat.

Someone asks him why he suddenly laughs, but he keeps to himself that it is because of the members' reaction (minus Jaebum who saw it personally and he was not surprised) when earlier he confessed to them that he used all the pillows for a fortress and the image of Jackson drooling on his arm.

They are at the dormitory at around eight o'clock.

None of them was expecting to find Jackson tucked under the blanket of a bed.

In fact, the toddler is watching Youngjae's very looking-like-a-rat-but-it-is-not dog drawing.

Mark grins at Jackson because the latter's beam at him is megawatt- -his eyes curve as if trying to match his smile.

HeyJackson Wang.

Then, the toddler falls in his Jeybee, Jeybee mode and much later, he plays with the maknae line for a little while.

It is in total stupor that Mark watches Jackson cling to his leg with all his might when nine quarter strikes and Junior promptly announces that it's bedtime for people under sixteen years old.

"What?" He asks with a blank look.

"Ackson wanna sleep with Mawk!" With his head dancing left and right, Jackson puffs his cheeks.

He invents the coolest bedtime story: it is a cross-over between GOT7, Jack the Beanstack and Pokémon.

And when Jackson tells him tiredly,

"Mawk is Pikachu." when Mark's just narrated how the creature protected his trainer, he does not know if Jackson is hiding a second meaning to his words or if he's just sputtered it out to say something, but it doesn't matter because Mark is already smiling.

He thinks that he will always be there for Jackson.

Toddler or adult.

Always.


"Kai bai bo!"

Jackson flicks Bambam's forehead.

"Kai bai bo!"

Jackson flicks Mark's nose.

"Kai bai bo!"

Jackson flicks Youngjae's nose too.

"Kai bai bo!"

Jackson flicks Youngjae's ear this time.

"Kai bai bo!"

Jackson flicks Junior's cheek.

"Kai bai- -"

"Stop! Stop! Stop the game!" Junior flails his arm, a hand is rubbing at his right eye. "He poked me by mistake." He is indicating Jackson with his forefinger and the latter tries to bite it then laughs, thinking that it is still part of the punishment that he has to inflict to the member who loses.

"What." Jaebum scoots a little closer. He takes Junior's wrist and brings it down in order to inspect the sore part. "It is getting a bit red around the pupil. Don't rub it anymore."

The ex JJ Project duo stands up to splash some water on Junior's eye (in the background they can hear Bambam's outraged lament because they can't just leave in the middle of a game that he is winning. "Junior hyung can do it alone!" but nobody minds him).

Mark is too busy pulling Jackson's pants. Then he pretends that it is Yugyeom's fault when the toddler turns around to look for the culprit.

He is holding his tummy because he's laughing too much as the toddler launches himself at the maknae and then proceeds on tickling him on the neck and Yugyeom just makes whale sounds.

"Yuyum has vewy big nose when Yuyum laugh!" Jackson observs, pointing at Yugyeom's nostrils.

Mark nearly dies.

-

It's seventh thirtish of the fifth day and the members are gathering in the living room because their movie-time with Jackson is going to start in a quarter of an hour.

It was on the third day of the spell that they decided that they should all spend some time all together with the toddler- -actually, it was Junior who suggested it and the other five guys agreed immediately because their little friend sounded too excited about it and nobody could be so cold to say no.

Jackson adores movie-time.

He doesn't know how to read a clock, it is like Jackson just knows when it is the moment that he is going to be the center of attention- -not that he's not at the other hours of the day when the members are in the dormitory, it is just that for an entire hour and half, he gets double spoiled from everyone and Jackson likes it so much.

At seven thirty or earlier, Jackson is already yelling movie! Movie! Movie!

The toddler usually sits with the younger guys on the carpet of the floor at the beginning.

He likes to ask Bambam what's going to happen next, who is the character and why is that happening and Babam, Babam, hey Babam and when Bambam does something to shut him up (like covering his mouth for a brief minute) Jackson moves away, pouting. It is either Bambam laughing at him and asking to come back or Bambam chuckling and letting Jackson paw on Yugyeom's arm before the latter traps him in a hug without any resistance.

He spends a couple of minutes with the maknae. Sometimes even more than just a couple of minutes because Jackson gets absorbed into the movie.

Then, after that, he hops to Youngjae, and he likes to shake the co-member's side- -to poke him on the stomach and then he makes requests like Yunji dwaw Ackson a howse, a puppy and many many flowews and many many pigs and many many many other things, but the hilarious part is when Youngjae asks him how many flowers do you want? and Jackson holds up his fingers and Youngjae insists saying so how many is many many, Jackson hyung? and Jackson says two. Or thwee.

Usually, in the middle of the movie or much earlier than that, Jackson diverts his attention from the television to the hyung line who's on the couch. 

Jackson usually starts with Junior. The toddler glances at him and if Junior is not looking down, he'd tickle his feet. Junior sometimes pretends not to notice and then Jackson gets up and walks toward him. He pesters Junior- -calling him Juniiii, Juniii, slapping his thighs until Junior (or Jaebum) stops him, chuckling. 

The next hyung is obviously either Mark or Jaebum- -there is not an order, though. Jackson sometimes annoys the leader first, climbing on his legs to get to sit on his lap or he will do the same with Mark. The thing is, it doesn't really matter who's first and who's second because at some point Jackson likes to squeeze himself in the small space between the two older members.

The toddler looks up at them with a huge smile and sometimes he even takes both of their hands and holds them until the very end of the movie.

Or, he pretends the three guys to all leave the couch and join the remaining co-members on the carpet.

Jackson joins them after seeing them together.

(And sometimes when the six of them are all sitting next to each other and they're really enjoying whatever movie is on, Jackson demands them to return on the couch and the only reason why they don't deny him is that he's obnoxiously adorable).

Today, they settle to watch Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone.

Youngjae has given spoilers to the toddler and the latter seems enthusiastic about seeing the students of Hogwarts playing quidditch and he's begun squealing happily because of they have magic wans? 

"Wands, Jackson." Junior corrects him. "Try to repeat it after me. Wands. C'mon, Jackie." But the toddler is running circles around Youngjae and that is more important to him. 

Fifteen minutes since the start of the first HP movie and Jackson hasn't done anything yet. He's hooked- -he's been just occasionally moving to Bambam's space to grab his arm when one scene provokes any kind of emotion to him. Jackson has particularly liked the part when Hagrid appears and teaches a lesson to the Dursley family, and the part when Harry meets his future best-friend Ron.

"Mawk!" Jackson chirps. One second and he's leaving fingertips on the screen of their television, covering Ronald Weasley's face with three of his fingers. "Mawk! He is Mawk!"

Bambam rotates half of his body in order to show Mark how his lips curve into an amused smile. "Basically, he's saying that you're ugly, hyung." He informs the oldest member, flicking his thumb to where the toddler is. "Jackie hyung, who's that?"

"Dis is Mawk." Jackson affirms, stretching the 'a' in the name.

"See?" Bambam shakes his head. This time a -eating grin is threatening to split his face in two. "He's offending you, hyung."

"Are you seriously implying that Rupert Grint is ugly?" Yugyeom asks, narrowing his eyes. "Because that is illegal in some countries, you know."

"Implying?" Bambam an eyebrow at the maknae. "I'm stating it."

"Oh, my god." Yugyeom hisses. He looks at the other horrified. "Accio," he declares in the end, making some weird movements with his forefinger pointed at Bambam.

"Oh, oh, no, no, no." Bambam shakes his head before ducking dramatically on the floor. "I'm not going to lose without a fight." He rolls on the carpet, and then crawls to get nearer to Yugyeom. "Avada Kedavra!" He shouts with all his might, adding some pew, pew, pew, for effect.

Yugyeom scrunches up his nose in disapproval. "You can't just Avada Kedavra me." He complains. "Once I get hit by the spell, I can't do anything else but die.

"Then pretend that you dodged the attack." Bambam retorts with an eye roll.

"Okay, let's do it again."

They agree on that last one, but as they take their positions to start playing, a screech comes from Jackson, leaving them all staring at him unblinking.

"Mawk! Dis is Mawk! Dis is Mawk" Jackson repeats it more than that. About five times. He's stomping his feet too petulantly and at the end he chokes back a sob. His three little fingers are not on the screen anymore. They're at his side, closing in a fist.

Another sob.

Mark doesn't know why it takes them to hear again that sound to rush to the toddler's side.

Junior is there, holding Jackson- -making circles on his back and kissing his forehead before him. He does tug on Jackson's new shirt, a gift from Jaebum. It turns out that the little menace's just missing constantly being under the spotlight because as soon as his big eyes have scanned all the faces of the members being worried for him, he turns his head to the television.

"Mawk?" Jackson says, sadly. "Mawk no dere." He is staring straight at Mark as he utters those words, his tone is soft, but his expression is alarmed. "Mawk, I wan Mawk."

And they know that he is referring to Ron, but right now it's Harry Potter that is talking. "I'm going to rewind the- -" Mark quickly goes to take the remote and he's about to press the button when the ginger wizard appears again. Fortunately.

"Here he is, baby." Mark announces to the toddler, messing up his hair. 

Jackson is looking and he blinks back the tears. "Dat is Mawk." He takes Mark's hand and holds it with both of his. "Mawk! Mawk! Dat's you, Mawk."

"No, seriously, I'd be offended if someone told me I look like that actor." Bambam is giving Jackson a blank look. "Very offended."

"Well, I'm not." Mark says easily, sending a glare to the younger guy's direction. "Stop it." He chastises, "he could understand. If he cries, you'll be in troubles. Again." It is not like he likes playing these tricks to Bambam. It's just that he doesn't want a re-act of what happened that day Jaebum was not at home. And obviously Bambam did not do it on purpose and Mark doubts that he keeps making little comments that sometimes tend to unnerve the toddler because they contradict what Jackson says or whatever, but Mark can't shake off the feeling of anxiety of seeing the little kid throwing a tantrum- -so he's sorry to cut out some of Bambam's jokes, but he feels the need to do it.

Bambam opens his mouth, then clicks it shut. His brow creases. After a little while he's playing with some strands of Jackson's hair. "Can I just ask you why that's Mark hyung?" He asks to the toddler who looks up at him.

Jackson inclines his head- -something he does when he is thinking about an answer to give. Or when he does not comprehend, but this is not the case or he would be blinking cutely confused. "Mawk has wed," he begins then he indicates his head. "Like dat baby." His finger lands back to the image of Ron Weasley.

"Wed? Wed." Jaebum is rubbing his chin. "Okay, give us another clue 'cause I don't get it, Jackie."

"What is wed?" Junior questions the toddler who pats his own head for the second time. "Wed head? Wed ha- -wait- -"

"Red hair!" He and Youngjae say in unison.

Jackson nods eagerly, celebrating with the two with a clap of his hands. "Mawk is wed!"

"But Ron is not red." Junior remarks. "He's ginger."

"Which means that he's a redhead." Mark retorts and seriously, why are they discussing this? He looks expectantly at Jackson who has his lips pressed in a line. He does not know why, but he can imagine them trembling after a second. "Baby Jackson is right." Mark says and he takes the toddler in his arms.

"Ginger is bright red." Junior points out. "You have another shade of red, hyung. Besides, you dyed them like that. Your color hair isn't natural."

"Isn't ginger more like orange rather than red?" Jaebum asks. He sticks out his tongue to Jackson. The latter laughs at him.

"I second that." Youngjae says right after their leader has expressed his opinion.

"Have you ever wondered if Jackson hyung knows all the colors?" Yugyeom says out of the blue. "We know that he can count one to three- -well, sometimes five when Junior hyung is there to teach him something."

"You made me curious too, maknae." Mark taps his index on Jackson's nose. "What color is my shirt, baby?" He watches Jackson eye his clothe.

"Bwack!"

"Oh, very good!" Bambam holds his hand up for a high-five. After receiving it, he traps Jackson's thumb in his fingers and brings it to his own hair. "What about this? What color is it?"

Jackson knits his eyebrows. "Pin!"

"Correct." Bambam snaps his fingers. A grin is drawing his lips. "And what about JB hyung's shirt?"

"Geeen and yello!" The toddler is liking this game so much. They all are- -in fact, Mark's eyes flicker on the movie and Harry Potter's arrived at Hogwarts, but it is not important anymore.

"And what is the color of mine, hyung?" Youngjae asks pulling his pajama.

Jackson looks first at the guy. Then, he gives him one full smile before exclaiming, "Puppul!"

Silence.

"Oh, so that first day- -"

"- -he wanted us to dye- -"

"- -our hair - -"

"- -white."

Jaebum hums. "That was definitely impossible to guess right."

-

Mark doesn't think that he's a hypocrite.

He does not buy coloring books and pencil colors for Jackson because he wants him to shower him with love and to say that he's the best. He does not. Mark has simply thought that Jackson will like it and Youngjae too, probably- -if the toddler will then he won't ask for horrible drawings anymore.

Youngjae's irked by the two younger members mocking his skills after all.

Mark doesn't have those intentions, but when he pulls out the gadgets and shows them to Jackson with everyone presents, he cannot help but feel the slightest bit guilty. And Yugyeom's snicker makes him frown.

"Aaah." Junior is smiling. "Is that the reason why you asked Jaebum hyung if you could go out?"

"Not really." Mark answers honestly. "I bought bread and as I was looking for Bambam's Pocky, I just happened to see them on the way to the food section and I thought that Jackson will like them." He shrugs non-chalantly, but he does not miss Jackson happily turning the pages of the first coloring book and naming the animals.

"I'm going to buy him another toy tomorrow." Bambam folds his arms on the table. "He will love it more than your gifts, hyung."

Mark shakes his head. "It's not a competition, you know." He mumbles and at the same time, Jackson asks Youngjae to get down from his chair. He goes straight to Mark and he purposely bumps against him in order for the older to look at him. "Yes, baby?"

Jackson spreads his chubby arms. "Lub Mawk."

Yugyeom tsks. "I dare you to say it when you'll be surrounded by chocolates and candies, Jackson hyung," are his last words before Junior reprimands him.

-

"Dun wan, Juni!"

"You still have to. No buts."

Jackson pouts. He uses his puppy eyes look on Mark. "Dun wan." He pleads.

He hasn't opened his mouth yet when Junior growls at him. "If you tell him that he can skip bath time, hyung, I swear I'm not going to cook anything for you."

Mark gulps.

"Jackson, listen to him." Jaebum says, not looking up from the cellphone. He asked for help from the other members a couple of hours ago because apparently the device has a problem. It does not ring anymore. It just vibrates. The maknae line went to the settings of the cellphone and had put it on different modes, from silent to not to just vibration, but when Jaebum texted Nichkhun and told him to try to give him a phonecall, every time it did the same thing. No one's been able to fix it and Jaebum's been trying since.

"No listen to Juni," Jackson protests, punching the air, "No, no listen to Juni."

Mark clears his throat. "Maybe he could- -" Junior is not only full of aegyo, he can make the most terrifying expressions too when he wants. "- -Jackson, you'll smell if you don't bath like right now." 

The toddler's always voiced out his dislike for bathing and it has been quite difficult to convince him from the very first day. This time he's being particularly hard to persuade though.

"Ew," Yugyeom sniffs Jackson, "you smell bad already, hyung."

Jackson snaps. "I no smell! Yuyum is bad! Vewy bad!"

"People who do not take baths nor showers don't get bedstories from Mark hyung." Jaebum warns and the members watch the toddler widen his eyes.

"Jeybee..." Jackson trails off. He sounds sad. "Why is Jeybee bad with Ackson?"

Jaebum puts the cellphone aside. He moves to touch him, but Jackson is fast and a minute later he is hiding himself behind Mark's legs. He sighs. "You're not getting any story for real if you continue like that, Jackson." He declares. "Tell him, Mark hyung." He is using the leader tone and Mark knows that he is doing this for Jackson because they've learnt that the latter can be really very stubborn.

Most of time, they let him win- -but there are some when one of them has to play the hateful character.

In the past week, Junior and Jaebum have alternated to take the role. Jackson does not like being ordered by neither of the two, but when it is his favorite member doing the job, he immediately searches the other four members to be consoled because he really hates when Jaebum acts like that to him. 

"Mawk is good. Mawk tell Ackson stowy. Jeybee is bad. Yuyum is bad. Mawk is vewy good. Ackson likes Mawk." Jackson's rebel side is coming out on full force.

"Still." Jaebum says firmly. The toddler winces. "No bath, no bedtime story."

"C'mon, Jackie, why don't you want to?" Junior tries, using a gentle voice. "It will be quick."

"No!" Jackson screams, pressing his face on Mark's pants. "Jeybee and Juni bad!"

They go on for long until Mark decides to take a side. "Listen to the hyungs, baby," and maybe it is because he has no one to protect him because even Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae reveal that they are not going to contradict the leader, but Jackson, after not a short amount of time, voluntarily asks Junior,

"Sowy. Bat?"

They reward him.

They give Jackson double cuddles and Junior lets him stay awake later, and Jaebum prepares a glass of milk for the toddler. They play hide&seek, all the six members hiding behind small furnitures and losing on purpose. Jackson insists on playing it four times and Jaebum huffs, but he's grinning. 

-

There are things that you simply should refrain yourself from doing when there is a toddler of two years old around you. 

"Jeybee said bad wowd!" Jackson exclaims, pointing his chubby finger at Jaebum who's covering his mouth with his own hands while he looks at the kid with a shocked expression.

Mark hides a grin behind his fist.

He has to take a video of this one of these coming days because they need to at least have something to watch about this period. Not that he's thinking that they would be able to forget that moment in their lives when they woke up and their co-member was two years old.

It is just to make the memory more vivid. To see something of it with their eyes.

Something like the guy who curses like 24/7 as a teenager be an adorable kiddy who's pushing his lips in a pout because their leader has used the word ''.

What Jaebum did is nothing compared to the things Jackson has learnt from his baby-sitter Youngjae, though.

While Jackson knows that there are words that he should not use, he's not aware that some things that he sees shouldn't be imitated. Mark is talking about Youngjae's habits of making weird faces and picking his nose.

They talk about it and the final decision is that they are not going to stop Jackson's derpness (because he's going to be a master of those expressions anyway. Junior argues, but the majority always wins and the guy has to let it go), but they are absolutely going to tell Jackson not to continue with the second thing.

"You should stop too." Junior advices. "It's not good for the group image."

Youngjae's embarassed. "Why don't we talk about your fashion style? Those ridiculous hats and all."

But the worst part is Jackson's love for Justin Bieber's Baby. Jaebum and Mark don't utter a word to either Bambam and Yugyeom for an entire hour after the toddler forces them to put the song on replay and to sing it.

You do not give your earplug to a toddler and make him listen to a singer like JB. You just don't.

"You're GDragon fans, ain't you?" Jaebum is sending draggers to Bambam and Yugyeom through his eyes. "Why didn't you put on Heartbreaker? Or... You could have made him listen to SNSD's songs since you like them, Bambam, urgh."

Mark just wants to murder their computer before it could start with another round of Baby, baby, baby, oooh, but Jackson is twirling and dancing and...Mark can't.

-

After being confined for more than a week in an apartment and seeing the others leaving and coming back, Mark thinks that it's natural that Jackson would ask if he can go out too. Actually, he was expecting the question to come sooner than after eight days. He knew from the first time he thought about the possibility of bringing Jackson out to breathe fresh air and to maybe buy him an ice cream that there were obstacles.

Such as J.Y. Park not giving them the permission. 

And the fans recognising them.

"We can't be pictured with him." Jaebum says as he captures one of the arms of the toddler and pulls it through the sleeve of the sweater. He brushes Jackson's bangs to a side only for it to go back to its previous position. "Jackson, go to Yuyum and tell him to help you put your shoes." He instructs and as the toddler takes both of his little Converse to Yugyeom, he reassumes his conversation with the rest of the group. "You have to keep your eyes open, guys. Look back and forth, right and left- -everywhere. If they see us, it will be very hard trying to justify the presence of a kid in our dorm, let alone telling Jinyoung-sshi that we were out with the squirt without him knowing."

Mark blows air out of his nose, a small laugh. His eyes are directed to Jackson and at Yugyeom who is listening perplexed to his hyung of two years old that is telling him that he wants to put the shoe which belongs to his right foot on the left one. Mark finds it hilarious that the tallest of the members gets ordered around by a little thing. "We'll make sure that no one will find out."

Luckily, everything goes smoothly. Except for the part when they're at the park and Jackson keeps on whining because he feels itchy and he tries to pull off his bonnet and the scarf and Mark and Bambam have to put them back each time.

The toddler's not completely wrong, though. He has every right to feel uncomfortable, and they know how Jackson is at the moment because they themselves have hats, scarfs, bonnets as well. The members are wearing clothes that they used before the debut. They need to bear everything in order not to be caught by anyone. 

Jackson calms down and momentarily forgets about the itchy fabric when Youngjae gives him a box full of chocolates much to Junior's dismay.

"Momy Juni wan one?" Jackson offers the half eaten piece of chocolate in his hand to Junior, misinterpreting the grimace the older guy has plastered on his face for Junior wanting to have Jackson's food. (Oh, and Jackson's started calling Junior 'mommy' thanks to Bambam who, a couple of hours ago, has begun calling his co-member with that nickname since Junior always introduces himself as their mother in interviews and on shows anyway and seriously, Junior takes care of them and especially nags like a mom sometimes).

"No, thanks, baby Jackie." Junior shakes his head.

"Hey, Jacksonnie." Jaebum raises his hand. "Daddy would like to eat one." His voice is muffled by his mask.

"Who's Dady?" Jackson asks, widening his eyes.

"Daddy Jeybee." Mark responds. He sees the toddler's eyebrows disappear under his bangs and the bonnet. The sight of the garment brings Mark to adjust his too noticeable red hair better under his cap.

"Why is Jeybee Dady?" Jackson questions and Mark watches the pure confusion in his expression. "Yunji is Dady!" He shouts before Jaebum can answer.

"What. No. Why him?" Their leader demands to know.

Jackson replies immediately, "Chokies!" And then he stuffs one chocolate in his mouth.

Mark pats a groaning Jaebum on the back. "Chokies." He repeats with a shrug when the latter asks him how's that possible.

-

On the last day, they organise a sleep-over in the living room. Well, it is more like a sleep-in-another-room-with-the-other-members.

Youngjae and Junior get everything ready for the night, bringing all the pillows and the blankets. They even arrange everyone's position, but unfortunately their work can't be applied because they made some miscalculation of the space. It is not big enough even with one member smaller than usual. So they just try to fit in- -they're pressed one to the other. Compressed. Except Jackson who is lying half of his body on Mark and the other half is on Junior. On Mark's left, there is Jaebum. He does not know where the others are- -obviously somewhere near him. He's too lazy to raise his head (and he is not sure that he could make it since he has someone on him) and look.

"Last night, huh?" 

Mark's mind immediately matches the voice with Bambam's face. 

"Las what?" Jackson asks back, managing to roll on his tummy without any difficulty. Junior lets out a strangled noise, though.

"Night, Jackson." Jaebum supplies. "...Guys, you probably won't believe this, but I'm going to miss explaining things to him."

Mark pokes the toddler's cheek. He closes one eye, feeling the sting on his finger when it gets bitten. "Me too." Jackson pecks it right after. He's smiling- -lips curving and making his full cheeks look chubbier. "He's so cute."

"He's going to turn back to being the obnoxious embarassing Ja- -guy." 

"I'm actually happy," Youngjae is talking, "I can finally stop pretending to feel ill. Not that it was bad. It was kind of fun playing with hyung, but I miss performing."

"The first thing you should do is tell Jackson hyung that he owes you a lot." Bambam says, "Now that you mentioned that pretending thing, I'll have to change my instagram bio, right?"

"Yup." Jaebum answers, popping the 'p'. "I think the first thing that I'll say to him is that I was very thankful that he was potty-trained. I mean, I imagined myself trying to teach him and nah, I would have not been able to do it. And oh, another scenario, fu- -fudge, imagine if he had to go to the bathroom at night but because he did not know how to use it, he decided to pee on the bed instead."

"It would have been our problem only the first night." Youngjae points out. "Mark hyung should be thankful."

Jaebum whistles in agreement. "I'm going to tell him that he loved me the most."

Mark turns his head to the guy, mouth sealed.

Did he.

Maybe, only the first few days.

"But he loves Mark hyung more now." Yugyeom retorts. He's Mark's favorite maknae. Definitely. He could not ask for a better one. Their Kim Yugyeom is the bestest of the best.

"He runs into my room in the morning. If that does not mean that I'm still his favorite- -"

"He sleeps with Mark hyung and he says that he loves Mark hyung."

"Yeah," Junior confirms, "he said it yesterday too. Because you told him that he couldn't have cotton candy."

Jaebum groans. "It's because he was not listening to you as usual and you were sulking."

"I was not sulking."

"Fine, you were pouting."

"Shut up, Im Jaebum." Junior says with a tone of finality and their leader does not reply. He only lets out an exasperated sigh.

Meanwhile, Jackson cannot stay still. He's sitting on Mark's belly now. He bounces lightly and he points somewhere on his left. "Yuyuuum! Hi Yuyuuum!" He waves his hand and Mark wishes he would stop moving. He has to keep him firm with his hands in the end.

"Hi, hyung!" Yugyeom says back and Jackson giggles, his shoulders are shaking slightly.

"Hi, Jackson hyung!" Bambam calls the toddler that inclines his head before leaning a little to his direction and again, he waves his hand.

"Babam and Yunji Dady, hi! Hi!"

"Daddy Yunji." Junior corrects casually- - it's become a habit - -playfully patting Jackson's hand.

Mark watches Jackson slapping the other guy in return, but instead of telling their little friend to stop like he does because 'Jackson shouldn't do that. He should be respectful' (to which Mark had pointed out that 'he's older than you. Not at the moment, but...still'), Junior continues playing and a smile blossoms on his face when Jackson shoves him with his foot.

"Momy Juni, I don't like dis."

"Oh, my god." Junior sounds like he might cry in a moment or another. "He said I. I tried to make him say it a hundred of times before, but he did not want to and now..Oh, my god."

"Mommy is very proud of you, hyung." Bambam is chuckling.

There is a very brief moment of silence before Yugyeom interrupts it. "My wallet won't cry anymore."

"Yes. " Bambam seconds him. "And the getting hit and not having the heart to hit back is coming to an end too. I'm going to make hyung pay for all those slaps." A couple of seconds pass. "Do you think that he'll keep all the toys?"

"Uh, maybe?"

Mark automatically wraps his arms around Jackson when he rests his head on his chest. He's practically found his place to sleep on Mark's chest- -he's curled like he is when he has to hide when they're playing. "Is baby Jackson tired?"

He feels Jackson shake his head.

"I think it's time for us to hear one of those famous great stories, hyung." Jaebum is smirking.

"Alright. Alright." Mark doesn't give importance to the leader's mocking expression. "You ready for your bedtime story, baby?"

"Ackson- -I. I no sleepy."

"Of course not." He knows already how to handle this situation. "One day King Jackson met a fairy named Youngjae..."

-

•Watching Jackson being spoon-feed by Junior, or spood-feeding Jackson.

•Playing hide&seek and finding out Jackson curled into a ball.

•Playing kai bai bo and letting Jackson punish them with one flick.

•Explaining Jackson the meaning of the words that he doesn't understand.

•Looking at Jackson's impressed expression because of the eyeliner and the eyeshadows and sometimes the lipstick that they put on. Looking at Jackson's fascinated face at the things he watches on television and calming him down during the night when he gets scared.

•Building castles with pillows. Building castles with cards. Building castles with papers. Building castles with whatever they have because Jackson wants them. Because he's the king.

•Pressing his nose to Jackson's and watching his eyes crinkle as his chubby hands close into fists and collide with Mark's head or any other part of Mark's body. 

•Jackson's chubby hands.

•Jackson not being able to pronounce words correctly. Actually, it's more like Jackson not being able to pronounce the members' names correctly. 

•Jackson saying hey, hey, hey, MawkHey, hey, Jeybee. Hey, hey, Yuyum. Hey, hey Juni. Hey, hey Babam. Hey, hey, Yunji.

•Jackson asking for fuit jut. This should be included in the 9th point, but it's just so damn adorable that it needs to get separated. 

•Jackson clinging to the members' legs. To Mark's legs.

•Jackson running to his arms and asking to be hugged.

•Jackson using his forearm/arm as a pillow.

•Jackson asking to change the bedtime story. Jackson's bedtime stories.

•Jackson telling him that he likes him the most.

•Jackson coloring the books.

•Jackson giving him drawings in which he is drawn as a red dot.

There are tons of other things that Mark can add to this list. He's going to miss the toddler so much.

His heart is already pounding at the idea of having the teenager back, though.

-

There is a weight pressing on his legs when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Mark acknowledges the painful feeling as soon as his half closed eyes try to see something in the darkness, but the feeble light coming from the window isn't enough. He can't distinguish anything, be it because he's still quite asleep or because he really just can't.

Something clicks in his mind when his hand reaches forward and his ears perfectly hear someone huskily uttering,

"Don't touch me."

Mark blinks, registering the voice. Then he's suddenly very much awake. "Jackson?" His throat feels dry and it is not because he didn't drink a glass of water before falling asleep. Waiting for a moment to receive an answer and getting none, he tentatively extends his hand again only to retreat it because the little contact makes Jackson hiss at him.

"Hyung, I told you not to touch me." He sounds uneasy.

Mark can't comprehend the hostility nor the uncomfortableness. "What's wrong?" He asks and for once, he's thankful that it's dark because this way the other can't see how he winced as the words came out of his mouth. It is because he feels a knot in his stomach. And the defeaning sound of his heartbeats are making him crazy.

"I.." Jackson starts. "..I don't know. I just..I opened my eyes and then...I was ." He mumbles. "And I tried to get away from the room- -to snatch a shirt and underwears- -? I don't know. Just, . But I realised that everyone's here- -I crawled to every damn direction and there are bodies. Why the ed are they in our bedroom, hyung?"

Memory loss.

He doesn't know if this is a positive thing or not.

Mark tries to focus on how to solve Jackson's problem, but his head is quite clouded by the fact that Jackson's just said that he's, uh, not wearing anything. With all his might, he pushes the inappropriate thoughts aside. "Jackson," he begins and that's also how he concludes his sentence.

He swallows.

Dammit.

They totally forgot it. Nobody remembered that Jackson getting back to his actual size implies him needing his own clothes, not the new ones he used during the ten days.

"Jack- -" and he stops in the middle of calling his friend's name because a sudden heat invades him when the pressure on his legs get more noticeable. He wets his lips. "Jackson, you're sitting on me." He informs the other guy. Jackson's bareness is not unwelcome- -if he has to be honest, he is doing this because he does not know what he might do. 

Erase that.

Focus on the problem.

"Please, Jackson, get off." He urges impatiently and quite irritably. Why isn't Jackson getting away from him? 

"God, , don't get so irritating, hyung." Jackson hisses, but he finally removes himself from Mark and the latter gets at least twenty percent less agitated. "I was trying to figure out where I could go." His co-member defends himself.

"Yes, but I couldn't feel the blood reaching my feet," Mark retorts lamely. He finally decides to sit, cross-legged. He brushes Junior's hands, he guesses, in the process. They're awfully too close to each other. Well, it's obvious, he tells himself as he recalls how they slept. "We're all in the living room, Jackson. You were under the effect of the ten days spell before."

"What the are- -. I need to be covered with some clothes then you can explain everything to me."

Mark tugs the collar of his shirt. This is getting awkward. Very. "Sneak out of the room as fast as you can."

"You really think that I'm stupid, hyung?" Jackson shoots back. He's said a lot of swears in just a couple of minutes and he's so snarky and Mark actually doesn't know if he should cry or laugh at that. "I thought about it, but what if I woke up everyone?"

"You're never been one to be ashamed of being seen , Jackson." Mark points out, flustering a little by the images that flash in front of his eyes. 

"Then sue a guy for being a little embarassed to be found out by all s at night." Jackson's tone is a mix of exasperation and anger.

Mark sighs, but then he gets surprised at himself because a smile is tugging up the corners of his lips. This is the guy he likes. Obnoxiously annoying Jackson, ladies and gentlemen. "You should still try."

"It's easy for you to say."

"Don't you feel cold?"

"What kind of a question is that?" Jackson is really getting angry. "Do you think that I'm feeling cool and having fun being here bare ? Just, , hyung. Shut up."

Don't picture what he said.

"Run, Jackson." Mark insists. "The door is on your left." He says helpfully. Unfortunately he can't say which are the people who are lying there. "They won't wake up. Stand up and try to be as fast as you can, really. You may stumble on someone- -" He hopes this won't happen though. "- -but they won't be able to see you hopefully."

"Hopefully." The stubborness is not going to be something that Mark will miss. 

Mark snaps his fingers. "Hell, you can do it. The switch is on the right- -it's far. You will get away from here sooner than the time it will take one of the guys to light up the room."

He hears a grunt.

"You're going to regret suggesting me this if it doesn't work." Jackson threatens. 

He recognises Youngjae's voice lamenting and the painful groan belongs to Yugyeom. Or Junior. Well, it isn't important. Jackson's throwing s like there is no tomorrow and despite the situation, Mark finds himself smiling genuinely.

He's back.

-

Jackson's skeptical. He doesn't believe what they're telling him.

Not even the presence of J.Y.Park, Wooyoung and Nichkhun and their serious faces can convince him.

"Why do you think we have toys and baby clothes and too many cartons of milk and healthy products in our dorm? You really were, Jackson." Jaebum insists, filling a glass of water and handing it to Jinyoung-sshi. "You were two and you were made of rainbows and laughs. You were like a ball of happiness. Too bad you had to go back to your normal state." He jokes at the end.

Mark sees Jackson's jaw clench. He knows that the guy's keeping himself from saying something bad because the ex CEO is there. He snorts. "Welcome back Wild & y me." 

It isn't until Bambam walks in with their cellphone that Jackson's jaw drop: the younger guy shows him the pictures he took of him with the members.

"." He breathes out. "It is really me."


When he first saw Jackson, Mark thought that he would struggle to be friends with him because Jackson's way too easy-going and a big mouth.

A big talker.

They're opposites, sort of, but he found out that Jackson's okay and more than that actually. He knew that the other's an athlete, a quite promising one, and while Jackson was- -is a silly thing bouncing here and there, trying to make everyone laugh, he can be serious too and the first time he saw that side of the guy, Mark knew that he was already captivated.

Fencing, Jackson once told him, is still a big dream, but so is music. I'm just taking this big opportunity. First this, next is the Olympics. I'm not quitting, you know. I'm just postponing it.

Then, Jackson because he's Jackson said that, I'm going to be covered with love from my fans because I'll bring a gold at home. Hong Kong will value my name. You're going to envy me.

And my parents will be very very proud of me. (The last sentence was murmured- -it sounded personal. Not Jackson like.

Mark's stomach felt twisted).

The admiring and glancing phase was the first symptom of his crush for Jackson. The second was the keeping the conversation going (though it just took Mark so little because the Chinese continued without any problem any kind of topic that he brought up) and the trying to spend time with him.

Mark recognised his feelings for Jackson much later. He's not sure when, though.

At some point during practices for the debut and the performances on the stage.

He just remembers Jackson telling him that he liked his and Mark's new hairstyles, especially his own because it suited him and he wished that people will love it and he sounded unsure and hopeful. At that moment, all Mark wanted was to ask his friend why it mattered so much that his hair was flaming red and Jackson's was all styled and brownish? Jackson looked good on those old images Mark saw on the internet and so when they had to perform against Winner. It doesn't really matter that your skin is smoother, Mark would have liked to say, and you're being ridiculous about your hair.

You're good, Jackson. 

Then, Mark remembers one day staring intently at Jackson during practice and thinking that the way Jackson's face kind of lights up when it's his time to rap is nice. Just like his voice. And his dancing.

Just like everything else that he does.

-

"Mark hyung?" Junior has a book in his hands. When Mark just raises his hand at him without saying anything, he walks slowly toward the couch. His eyes flicker back and forth between Mark and the television. "We have an interview, Inkingayo and we have to prepare another video dance practice tomorrow." He says in a very Jaebum like way.

The only excuse Mark can provide is, "I can't sleep."

His co-member eyes him before sitting next to him. He puts the book in between them. They are watching Choi Siwon of Super Junior advertising Line with a pretty korean girl when Junior speaks up. "Are you going to tell any of us what's bothering you?"

No.

Mark scratches the tip of his nose. "It's nothing."

Junior sighs loudly. "Are you actually aware of the fact that we know that you're blatantly lying to us?" He shifts on the couch and Mark reluctantly turns his head at him. "You are quieter than usual and it's, you know, written all over your face that there's something that it isn't going well."

"Is it so evident?"

Junior nods. "Once the cameras are off, you stay with us like you always do, but you don't say anything unless we're talking to you.  Sometimes, you even don't do that. You're spacing out. Eh, you do not sound interested in anything other that the thoughts running in your head." He tends to move his hands a lot when he's talking. "You're doing fine on showcases and all, but we're still worried."

"I'm sorry. I really am." Mark says, running a hand through his hair in frustration. He is doing it again- -not trying to involve the other members with his affairs, but actually doing the contrary against his will. He doesn't want to get anyone preoccupied. "It's my thing. Just give me some time and I will try to- -"

"Is it about Jackson hyung yet again?" The younger asks with a small smile.

It's stupid how Mark freezes while holding Junior's gaze back. He regains composure right after that, but he also feels his cheeks hot. He studies the other's expression and as the smile starts turning into something that looks- - remotely, but still - -like a smirk, he leans his back completely against the piece of furniture. He says, "Yeah." And then, "how do you know?"

"Intuition?" Junior shrugs his shoulders. He grins, wide and teasing. "You want to marry him over me, you see."

Mark definitely cuts the eye-contact after that. He moans. "Fanservice, Jinyoung."

"Yes, yes," the other replies almost immediately, "and giving hyung his cap back when it falls down on the floor after a martial art thing is a gesture of gentleness toward your co-member and so is passing only to hyung a bottle of water after practices and I guess that glaring at the back of Jaebum hyung's head after he and Jackson hyung had a fanservice moment or when they're just being their stupid selves and skinship between friends happen is a gesture of, what?"

Mark's hand rubs over his face. He feels extremely embarassed. "Fine, fine, I get it."

The grin is still on place. "So, why haven't you made your move yet?"

He gives Junior a scrutinizing look.

"You can confide in me, hyung."

"It's just..." Mark gives in. He trusts Junior and it is probably going to help him receiving advices from another person. His own opinion hasn't helped him much this past week. "I planned everything."

"Everything?"

He nods. "That day when he turned into a toddler- - I. Well, the reason why I was not the first person Jackson saw in the morning is that I was practicing the speech in the, ehm, kitchen, and I tried to reach the bedroom quickly when I heard crying, but Jaebum was already there with Jackson in his arms."

Junior blinks. "Speech?"

"I was going to confess to Jackson." Mark feels like a living tomato.

Fortunately, be it because of the dim light of the television or because Junior is a kind soul and he doesn't want to make Mark feel mortified about himself more, they keep on conversating. "And you're not going anymore?" Junior is cocking an eyebrow at him. "You don't feel- -"

"I do." Mark turns his look on the television, feeling more comfortable this way. "I slept with him, cuddled him when he was two," he mumbles, "it makes me more curious about, you know, uh, knowing how it would feel to hold him now that he's nineteen again- -"

"Twenty."

"American age." Mark says to Junior. "Anyway," he starts, his upper lip and then chewing on it for a brief moment, "God,you'll laugh at me and say that I'm being a moron."

"I won't." Junior answers with decision.

Mark fidgets with his fingers. "The idea of being rejected is taunting me." He admits, voice low. "I do not want this to ruin what's going on. What if it will start being awkward? We're a team and I don't want to make a mistake. We've just debuted."

He sees Junior's hand land on his knee. "I understand, but I'll tell you to go for it. You two both know how to keep your dramas off the stage and off when there are fans and cameras around, right? You've proved it more than once." Junior squeezes lightly in a reassuring manner.

Silence.

Then, the suggestion extracts a laugh from Mark. "I was actually expecting something like that from you."

"And Jaebum would probably give you a lot of as a premise, but who's he to stop someone in love?" He isn't looking, but he can hear the grin in Junior's tone. "Leader would say the same things in the end."

Mark shakes his head. "You're such a sap."

"So are Bambam and Yugyeom." Junior says, not taking offence and silently agreeing to the other's statement. "Youngjae too, I guess. Well, what I'm sure of is that he wouldn't go against you taking the risk."

Mark hums. "And how can you tell that?"

"I'm the mom of the group." Junior pats him on the knee this time. "You have some more questions, hyung?"

"Well, do you, uh, think that Jackson likes Jaebum?"

Silence. "I'm not dignifying that with an answer."

-

Confronting directly the other with a firm tone is definitely Jackson's style.

"Are you pissed off at me?" Jackson is sitting on the bed, body turned to where Mark is. The latter turns the knob, closing the door behind his figure. Jackson is not glaring at him, but he spits out the next words harshly. "Tell me what the crawled up your and keeps biting you because you're being a to me, avoiding me and all."

He's not wrong, Mark thinks. He inhales deeply. "I can explain."

"Can you?" Jackson's challenging him. Predictable behavior.

"Yes, I can." Mark bites his lower lip. He's getting time to muster up enough courage because repeating like a mantra that it's going to be fine is not effective. At all. He's probably taking too much, because next thing he knows is that Jackson is accusing him of being a again.

"You've been treating me like like even before the de-aging , but it's getting worse." Jackson is sort of trembling and it's because he's holding himself back from getting furious and letting it out on Mark. "ing enlighten me because I'm about to get crazy. , you won't even look me in the eyes now. You're looking at my hands, for 's sake." Mark hasn't noticed that. He looks up to make up for it. Jackson is panting.

He's gorgeous even like that.

"Did I do something when I was a kid that made you hate me more?" It sounds like a broken prayer and Mark feels it- -the heart in his throat sensation.

"Jackson, I li- -"

"No, wait, forget it." Unexpectedly, Jackson all of a sudden dimisses everything with a wave of his hand. He rushes out of the bed. He's close to Mark and then he's reaching for the knob. "Let's wait tomorrow morning for this, really." He says when Mark grabs him by his arm. He's fuming and he's going to do something terribly idiotic like going out in the middle of the night just like he did before when they had a fight. 

Mark would rather be dejected sooner than letting the other go.

"Jesus ing Christ, off."

"Jackson, I like you." He finally confesses, his hold tightening around the other's arm as he waits for a reaction. "I've been liking you for long and it just took me so much to tell you, but I really do. I just- -I've been distancing myself from you because it's not easy for me. Giving you space for my interest. That. But I don't hate you. And I'm sorry if you feel hated- -I don't. I'd avoided you because it annoyed me, the closeness between you and JB. I can't stand it. You're great and fantastic.  And...Jackson, I like you so much, I just don't know what to do with myself most of times." It doesn't come out the way he rehearsed for days, but it isn't that bad either. He closes his eyes. "Say something."

He flutters his eyelids open when Jackson flicks him on the forehead.

Jackson stares at him, look unwavering. "Something."

"You're not f- -"

Mark has fantasized about receving a hungry kiss after declaring his feelings for the guy. 

All he gets from Jackson is a peck, though. He gulps, his tongue wetting his lips just to keep feeling the dissipating tingling. "You've got to elaborate this with words, Jackson. Tell me what this means."

But Jackson is giving him a look- -the are you sure you want to talk about that one, and he's also giving Mark this cocky half-smile.

This person brings out the worst of him. Because Mark lets out a whine, eyebrows meeting. "Jackson."

"Yes, hyung?"

-

"Good morning."

Jackson buries his face on his pillow. "Save that for later. Bye." He tsks as Mark brings himself closer in order for his chest to touch Jackson's back and Mark's fingers press slightly on his belly. "So touchy in the early morning." He comments, but he does nothing to shove Mark away.

Mark kisses the back of Jackson's neck. "Now that I think about it, you said that you would go straight to the person that you like and tell it, but why didn't you do it with me? You shy, Wild & y?" He teases the other. He plants another kiss on the same spot.

Jackson yawns. "I've never said that I like you back." He points out and Mark digs his nails on his skin. "Ouch, , hyung."

"Say it, then." He curls up impossibly closer. "Or I'll hurt you more."

"So . Didn't expect that from- -ouch, seriously stop."

"Jackson, don't you?"

"Don't I, what?" The younger tries to elbow him, but he doesn't apply enough strenght. "Tell that I like Jaebum hyung? Oh, hey, I was just kidding- - Come back to bed, you er." But Mark has already left him. Jackson wrestles with the blanket before turning his body to the other guy. He rolls his eyes. "I like you, okay?"

Mark has captured Jackson's lips after just a second.

-

Jaebum is rubbing the side of his head. "What did I do?" He asks Junior who is looking at him disapprovingly.

"Why did you say it, hyung?" Youngjae questions their leader, wearing the same expression Junior has. "Was it necessary?"

"I just said that Jackson latched on me the first few days- -there are pictures. And that Mark hyung wasn't really the one he liked."

Junior grunts, throwing his gaze up in the ceiling in exasperation. "You cannot not have noticed it. C'mon, I'll tell you why you should not do it again, leader."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

23k of crap, yay \*^*/ I'm going to re-read this, re-write some parts of it. I will. Definitely. I'm sorry for the super late update. Please forgive me. 

There are some things that I'd like to already point out though:

- I wrote the first part of this before GOT7 telling infos about their dorm.

- I didn't exactly pay too much attention to their actual schedule, especially in the lastest part of the fanfic.

 

I'm going to focus on my on-going multichaptered story for the next weeks, but I'll write a BamSon//JackBam fanfic (prom!fanfic YAY). BYE BYE.

Show me your love (or your hate, duh) with comments \*^*/