Final.

Proposal

Sneaking glances back to the bedroom, Kris double checked whether the lampshade has been shut off from your side of the room. You usually began searching for the comfortable side of your bed during this time so he figured it was the perfect time to emerge out of the bathroom.

“Are you still reading?” Kris asked loudly, despite knowing you weren’t anymore.

No answer came from you. It was a long day at work and you felt too exhausted to even give your boyfriend a single reply.

It didn’t take long for him to join you in bed. He reached for the lamp on his side of the bed and flicked it off before burying himself underneath the covers with you. His scent of aftershave engulfed your nostrils as you felt him move beside you. You felt his damp hair brush against the skin on the back of your neck and you suddenly felt his face hovering yours, one hand balled into a fist on the other side of the bed for stabilization.

“Are you asleep?” He whispered. He was looking at your face and you didn’t have to open your eyes to know.

He leaned forward and you felt him clutch your left hand clumsily. But alas, he grabbed hold of it and you opened your eyes in curiosity of what he was planning to do.

As if on cue, he locked eyes with you and revealed a silver shining rock, placing it delicately on your ring finger.

You jolted up in alarm, suddenly aware of what was happening.

“Kris—“

Before you could react, he cupped both sides of your face and planted a chaste and quick kiss on your lips. “Marry me.” He whispered wickedly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
AN: Sorry for short story.. hehe..