As Always

A Thousand Gifts For You

As always, you were waiting for your boyfriend, Baekhyun, to come home.  You guys had been dating for 3 years now, and things were not going so well.  At first, you and Baekhyun were the happiest couple in the world. Everyone told you that you and Baekhyun were a match made in heaven...... 

They were wrong.

After 2 years of dating, Baekhyun had been forgetting special days, like your birthday and anniversary date. You decided to just forget it because you knew that Baekhyun is not a person who would do that.  

 

Jieun pov

*Ughh, it's so cold. When is Baekhyun coming home?* you thought.

Since it was Baekhyun's birthday, you had prepared a special dinner for him, but it looked like he would not come home to eat it. So, you tried calling Baekhyun.

"Hello, Baekhyun? Where are you? I made you special dinner for your birthday." You said.

"Ughh, it's you again. Why do you always want to know where I am and what I'm doing? I'm pretty sure that you're the only girlfriend who does that. You are useless and the worst girlfriend in the world. Just throw it all away and don't wait for me."He retorted back.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

As you heard his words, a tear rolled down your eyes.

An hour later, he came home... But with a girl.  They both seemed drunk and were stumbling in. 

"Baekhyun.... how can you do this to me? First, you forget our anniversary, then you call me the worst girlfriend, and then you bring a girl to our house?" You screamed at him while crying.

Then all of a sudden, the girl stormed out of the house while telling Baekhyun that she never wanted to see him again.

"S-sulli yah." Baekhyun said while crying. You were really shocked because he was crying when she left. 

"Baekhyun, you are the worst boyfriend ever, yourself." You said as you went out of the house.

 

As you were walking down the street crying, you stumbled a bit. A lot of people stared at you but you didn't care. 

You were walking mindlessly and accidentally walked into the street. A bright light blinded your eyes and you screamed, "AAHHHHHHH!" 

 

And the world turned black.

 

Baekhyun pov

Riiiinnnnnggg! 

Baekhyun groaned as he picked up his phone.

"Hello?" 

"Hello. This is Seoul Hospital. Is this Mr. Byun Baekhyun?"

"Yes. This is him. Why are you calling me?"

"Do you know a person named Lee Jieun?"

"Yes. Why?"

She has passed away from a car accident.

"W-what?" Baekhyun stuttered.

 

At the hospital

"Jieun ah, Jieun ah, I'm sorry." Baekhyun said to himself as he walked to you.

He arrived to you and grabbed your hand softly. "Jieun ah, wake up!!" He said while shaking you. 

"Oh no, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say all those mean things to you and forget our anniversary! Please wake up! I promise I'll do better to you." He said while crying.

His whole body was shaking from fear of losing you. 

"I'm so very sorry." The doctor said. " We need to bring her into the room now." 

"NO! You're not taking my Jieun anywhere! You can't put her in the freezer, she hates the cold!" Baekhyun said.

"Jieun ah, Wake up! I'll buy you everything in the world, and be the best boyfriend anyone could ever had."

Soon, Chanyeol, Baekhyun's best friend came and pulled him away from Jieun. 

"NO! Chanyeol, let me go!" He screamed. 

After, you were put in the cold room, Baekhyun was taken home by Chanyeol. Baekhyun's eyes were all red and he looked lifeless. He kept on mumbling your name and saying he was sorry. 

The food you had made was still on the table, and Baekhyun stared at it with grief. 

* Jieun ah, I miss you already.* he thought.

 

2 Years Later

2 years later, Baekhyun became a very successful CEO of his father's company. Of course he never forgot you and your anniversary. 

Sometimes, Baekhyun would go to the rooftop of the company building and stare up at the sky while thinking of you. " Jieun ah, I really miss you. I hope you know that. I buy you gifts everyday that I want to give to you when I die. I really hope that I can be your boyfriend again in the next life. But, next time I'll be really nice to you and be the perfect boyfriend."

Yes, Baekhyun has bought you gifts ever since you died and has been keeping them as his prized possession. Because he bought so much, he eventually bought a thousand. He also swore that he will never marry or date anyone else. He wanted to leave that space for you.

 

As Baekhyun was going to go into the building again, he said "I"ll be sure to give these thousand gifts to you."