Prologue

Night of The Year

Prologue – The Concert

The whole stadium was full of soft commotion and excited murmurs.

Finally, the most awaited concert of the year was in Seoul, and every Korean who breathes and lives music was present there, not allowing such a huge privilege to pass.

Behind the huge wide red curtains of the stage stand the people who were considered one of the legends of music – the Kim triplets, also the people responsible for the said concert.

“Ahh, Korea. How long has it been since we left? Three years?” a man with small eyes, chubby cheeks and brown hair spoke, staring at the twinkling lights of Seoul from the room’s glass window.

“Five years Jinki, it’s been five years.” A man with the same features as Jinki – except for the noticeably bright red hair – corrected as he stood next to him, also staring at the beautiful night view of their hometown.

“It sure is good to be back right?” the last one of the three, with same features as the other two except for the blond hair and he looks much younger than his original age, commented as he tuned his violin to perfection.

The other two didn’t comment on anything but silently agreed to what their younger twin said, there really is no place like home.

A knock disturbed the peace as the triplets all turned towards the door, the bulky figure and handsome face of their director greeted them.

“Are you hamsters done on your trip to memory lane? Sorry to disturb but you need to return to the present, concert starts in five minutes.” Nam Woohyun, considered a genius director by a lot of critiques and also the director to every concert they held for the past years around the world, reminded them. The triplets nodded in unison, getting rid of any nostalgic memories that dared invade their minds.

“I’ve told you lots of times to return back from time to time but did you listen? No. now look at you, even breathing the air has affected you. And you know more than anyone how important this concert is if you really wish to go on your plans.” The director nagged, crossing his arms on his chest and looked at the triplets disapprovingly.

The three musicians only smiled sheepishly at their old time friend as they tried to avoid his eyes.

Woohyun let out a soft sigh as he shook his head at the triplets, already getting used to their antics after how many years of being their director.

“You guys better get ready or I’ll have three roasted hamsters for dinner.”

“Yes, Hyunnie.” The triplets chorused as they watched the young director leave the room and close the door.

“Woohyun’s right, we need to get our acts together if we wish to survive tonight.” Sunggyu, the red head, spoke as he clapped his hands to get the attention of his brothers. Henry, the blond, nodded at him before returning back to tuning his violin and Jinki rolled his eyes, smirking a bit at his red head twin.

“When was Woohyun ever wrong?” Jinki said in a teasing manner and Sunggyu ignored him, turning to the only table in the room and opened one the two cases placed there, taking his conductors stick.

“I’ll be going along then, wish me luck.”

“Break a leg.” His twins replied and Sunggyu left the room with a smile, putting on his mask of professionalism and headed toward where his orchestra was.

“Well then, I should be going along then, I still have to check the piano that’s going to be used for your performance.” Henry said and he smiled as Jinki, placing his beloved gold colored violin carefully back to its case. Jinki nodded at his twin as he starred at his retreating back, closing the door with a loud click that echoed throughout the whole room.

Jinki smiled softly to himself before facing back the window, staring aimlessly at Seoul as he started to open his mouth and sing, warming his vocal chords for his performance later and pushing back any memory that invades his mind as he stared at the place where everything started…

… And where everything ended.


A/N: Well this is the start. Hope this was good enough for you *^^*