things i hate about you

10 Things I Hate About You

I.

Taekwoon hates it when Hakyeon just won't leave him alone.

Things like the universal language of putting a pair of earphones on that basically means "I'm not listening so shut up already"; apparently it was missing from Hakyeon's dictionary.

When it was clear that Hakyeon really didn't intend to leave him alone anytime soon, there's just one way left for Taekwoon. One last resort to gain his freedom.

"Jaehwan-ah, can you help me to throw my garbage? There's a purple box on the second drawer in my wardrobe, you can—"

"WAIT! NOT MY MAKE UP BOX YOU SCOUNDREL—YAH!"

***

 

 

II.

Hongbin hates it when Wonshik just won't learn to put things back in it's place properly.

"Wait, didn't I just organized these shoes in the closet? Why are they sprawled on the floor?"

"Oh, Binnie-ya, what do you think about this look? Should I take the yellow Adidas or the navy Reebok with these pair of jeans?"

By the name of his beloved Park Hyo Shin sunbaenim, Hongbin swears it's only a matter of time before his clean record as the-one-who-could-never-raise-a-fist would be stained.

"Or should I wear the grey Nike ones?"

Soon. It will be very soon.

***

 

 

III.

Sanghyuk hates it when Jaehwan hyung just won't stop meddling with his homework.

"Shouldn't you multiply that variable with the denominator before you derived them in square root?"

And breaking his train of thoughts to the next step after he found the supposedly cube root.

"Hm, this would be hard though—how do you find the square root of a negative?"

His grip was this close from snapping the pencil in two, if only he didn't remember that it wasn't his.

The last one he got was broke when he was trying to finish his chemistry homework yesterday.

***

 

 

IV.

Jaehwan hates it when Hakyeon hyung just won't give him a break.

"I said wait until the third beat! And don't overlap with Hongbin! Why can't you just memorize it Lee Jaehwan—it's freakin simple!"

Jaehwan wiped the trickling sweat off his temple silently. It's best to stay quiet when his leader wasn't in his best mood.

"Alright, let's start again from the second verse! Five, six——!"

Five amused grin were exchanged within the members as their leader hissed curses and rubbed his in pain.

It's rare moments like this that made it all worth the patience.

***

 

 

V.

Wonshik hates it when Taekwoon hyung just won't lend him a hand.

"Oh come on, hyung—Jaehwan hyung is sick and I need to get the guide song done by tomorrow,"

Sure he was aware of the main vocalist's competitive nature. But hyung wouldn't really be that mean to him, right?

"No." Taekwoon grunted. "I have my own guide song to make. Now scram."

Then again, there's always a fail-proof method to make him comply once and for all.

"Umma! Appa is being mean again! He—"

That is, if he didn't end up being choked with a tackle to the ground.

***

 

 

VI.

Hakyeon hates it when Sanghyuk started giving him the sad puppy look.

"B-but hyung, it's the last day before our come back—we might not meet this chance again for the next two months!"

Because he's well aware that the devilish maknae always have something outrageous planned behind his back, as he spotted Jaehwan quietly dragged a suspicious looking bag out of his room.

"Besides, it's been two weeks and we haven't done anything to celebrate my graduation..."

But in the end, he knew that his firm refusal would falter—after all, what wouldn't he do to bring his favorite son's happiness anyway.

***

 

 

VII.

Taekwoon hates it when Hongbin just won't cooperate.

"No, hyung. Hakyeon hyung is right. We have no choice other than wearing these costumes or the fans would be disappointed because we don't put much effort into this."

Taekwoon groaned as he picked the long fake shiny locks of black in disgust from the pile of their apparels.

He couldn't even get to threaten Hongbin with his deadly stare because said visual had scurried away behind their leader's back, who were glaring back at Taekwoon with no trace of compromise from his posture.

Taekwoon could only bite back a curse.

***

 

 

VIII.

Sanghyuk hates it when Wonshik hyung won't let him borrow his laptop.

"Just five minutes—I won't mess with your files, I promise."

"You know I won't let you install that game on my notebook. Not until you finished your exams."

Sanghyuk pouted in annoyance. There're only two subject left and they were nothing major anyway—he just want to take a break.

"Now sleep. You have to rise early tomorrow because I have a very important appointment and you need to wake me up, alright?"

Sanghyuk secretly smirked as a perfect plan for revenge was forming in his head.

***

 

 

IX.

Wonshik hates it when Jaehwan hyung just won't act his age.

"I love you—" Jaehwan said in singsong voice as he sent winks and flying kisses to the lens.

Wonshik would be fine if it was just a fan service.

"I love you too, oppa—good night!" replied the girl on the phone screen. Wonshik gritted his teeth as he saw the girl waved cutely at Jaehwan before the line went dead.

He sighed in desperation as he prayed for a miracle. There's no way he would accept Jaehwan hyung as his brother in law. A younger brother in law, no less.

***

 

 

X.

Hongbin hates it that he's always be the only one left sober after they went out drinking.

"There's our artwork!" his leader waved at him to come closer "Come on, let's play a game!"

He sighed in aggravation as he saw everyone was sprawled around the table in a various level of un-sobriety.

"Come on! Why are you just glowering over there? Come here and pl—"

The only perks was that he still had enough sense to prepare a bucket within his reach. Someone should thank him for saving them a few thousand won, the cost of carpet laundry.

***

 

 


So, that was my failed attempt at  making drabbles. I never realized how hard it is to keep up within the word counts. I really gotta learn to stop digressing. It took me three days and yet some pieces still strayed over the 100 words limits. *sigh*

Also some of the pieces might sounds a bit OOC. Idk. I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading this. My apologies for the messy grammar. I-am-no-speak-english >.<