Broken

Half A Heart

Thump. Thump. Thump. His heart pumped and banged at his chest. There is a weight on it, an impossibly heavy load that had somehow settled over his heart. He blinked once, twice, three times but the image lingered before him tauntingly. The world went quiet, and all that he could hear was his own ragged breaths, his thumping heart and the sweet, melodious laughter permeatting from the lips of the one person he had loved. The one person that he can no longer hold. And the hard truth, the face-slapping fact that that person's happiness was not caused by him made his heart throb all the more.

Oh Sehun stepped back as if he had been slapped as his eyes never leave the two people, seemingly so in love and over the moon, walked hand in hand across the street. His heart heavy, his breathing uneven, and his head spinning. He couldn't think, his eyes burned. He knew those people, not one but both. He was suddenly washed with emotions of being betrayed, anger but pain overpowers them all. 

Park Chanyeol slid his arm around the smaller-framed boy's waist, that boy who laughed the sweetest, smiled the brightest. That boy that was once Sehun's, Byun Baekhyun. His breath hitched in his throat as that smaller boy smiled, that bright way of his, up to the much taller boy. He recognized that smile, that smile used to be directed at him. His heart cracked.

It was not only that, though, that broke his heart. It was not only the fact that his ex-lover has moved on, it was also because he chose to move on with Sehun's best friend, Chanyeol. 

He looked at the bag in his hand, its contents suddenly lost its value. He had wanted to give it to Baekhyun, after almost a month contemplating whether or not he should try again. He was convinced by his friends that it wasn't the end, he was told by Baekhyun's friends, that he still had a chance in Baekhyun's heart. For almost one month, Sehun now knows why, he had only seen Chanyeol for less than three times despite their twelve-year old friendship, without even a call or a reply from the latter.

Sehun didn't understand how Baekhyun had moved on so quick, and that Chanyeol had s his way into Baekhyun's life so quietly, so hurriedly. He was happy, confident when he left his apartment this morning, carrying that paper bag that now lay unwanted on the ground beside him after he had dropped it. He was sure that Baekhyun will greet him at his door with the smile he had so loved. They would be in each other's arms again after four long weeks of being apart, they would say their apologies, and whisper words of love into each other's necks, much like they used to before things began to fall apart.

But now.. Now Sehun watched them turn at the traffic, towards him. For a second he panicked, half wanting to flee but his legs were rooted to the ground until the moment Baekhyun's dark brown eyes settled on him, the crease at the corners of his eyes fading as soon as he locked eyes with Sehun. Sehun doesn't know if he was even breathing. He couldn't even read the emotion in those eyes he had looked into for the past five years. Beside Baekhyun, Chanyeol's lips froze into an 'O' shape, as realization hits him. Sehun's gaze fell onto the hands intertwined between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, all too aware that those hands only tightened.

At that, even his heart tighten, threatening him so close to release a sob. It hurt that bad. Abandoning the bag on the ground, Sehun closed his eyes, in a deep breath as he placed his hands inside the pockets of his dark blue parka. Despite all of his being, when he opened his eyes again, he flashed the couple the smallest of smiles, the one to cross the road first, to where the cause of his pain stood, hand in hand. 

 

A/N: This is too short and definitely will have a second part of it. I don't hate Baekyeol but I just don't ship them like that, you know so this piece is really sort of real to me cause I was kinda feeling what Sehun is feeling. Wait for the second part.