O1

Breaking Boundaries

Chapter One

I pressed the play button on the player and the music began. I counted, 'one, two, three, four' while pounding my right foot on the smooth, wooden dance floor. I heard the door opened but I decided to ignore it and just started dancing the first verse of the song.

'Four, three, two, one,' I stopped counting inside my head when I realized someone turned the player off.

I closed my eyes. Who on earth is it? I promised myself not to get mad today, at least just this day. But why do people like to piss me off when I'm trying to be nice? Ugh.

I blew out some air and tried to calm myself before I opened my eyes.

"Excuse you, but I'm trying to practice here." I said with my low, almost questioning voice. I tried to say it as polite as I can but I guess I can't control my temper today. I don't want my manager to nag at me again. Last time we fought didn't end well between the two of us. I'm a diva, she's a b*tch.

I turned around and saw a woman in her early twenties. No, she looks like she's just at the same age as me. I never saw her face around the company building before, so I guess she's the rumored 'new manager' hired by the head positions for the new boy group. Psh, I saw the new boy trainess and all I could say is they all look crap.

Why is this woman here anyway?

"Can I help you? Are you lost? Are you the new P.A.? Sorry but this is not the dressing room. You can go out now." I forced a smle but my blood boiled as soon as she gave me a smile back. I'm starting to hate her face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but the president wants to see you. Bae Suzy-ssi."

"Get out." I hate it when people I hate calls me by my full name.

"He wants to see you now." Can she just leave when I'm asking her nicely?!

"Don't you have ears? Want me to buy them for you? I said get out!"

 

I ignored people as I walked down the hallway. They are always like this, they look at me as If I'm a goddess sent from above. Well, I don't blame the, Face like mine is very rare to find.

The elevator made a clicking sound, signaling that It's ready to eat idiots except me. People squeezed i inside the elevator I'm on. After few floors passed, I got out and went straight to the president's office. The door stated, 'JYP President, Park Jin Young.' I didn't dare to knock and just opened the door.

I saw Mr. Park sitting on his couch and reviewing some papers in his hand.

"Suzy-Ah, you're here." He motioned me to come and sit on the other couch and so I did.

"I told Ms. Son to call you. Oh!" Mr. Park's face lightened up as if he have something interesting to say. I just crossed my arms and legs and relaxed my back on the couch.

"Ms. Son Na Eun is a topnotcher in Music Theory in her school, isn't that cool? Huh?" He laughed, trying to convice me with what he said. I just rolled my eyes and remembered that I'm going to meet Wooyoung today. I asked Mr. Park why did he call me up here.

"About that, well.. Suzy-ah, I know that you're very talented and you have the skills. But we have to move your debut for another six months."

"What?" What did he just say? Did I hear it right?

"We're currently working on some things. And... there will be someone mentoring you starting tomorrow."

"WHAT?! I don't need any freaking mentor! What the heck is this, Mr. Park!?"

"It's for your own good honey. Now If you'll excuse me.." He patted my shoulder and ran straight to the door and left me in his office.

He's just kidding me, right?

"YAH! Mr. Park!" I ran towards the door and ran as fast as I could. The elevator opened exactly as soon as I stood there and pressed the 'Ground Floor' button.

"Faster, faster, faster! Aish." I stomped my feet. I don't care about these people around me inside the elevator. All I want to do is drag Mr. Park back to his office and explain what he just said to me.

The door opened and so I ran as fast as I could. I can almost see Mr. Park's back. He's heading towards the main entrance. I can still catch up to him!

"Ugh!" Sheez, my hurts. I looked up to see who dared bumping into me and saw a young, ugly man. What's with the eyeliner? Is he gay?!

"Watch where you're going, pabo!" I shouted at him. I looked behind him and saw Mr. Park already left.

"You watch where you're going, miss."

"Excuse me?" What did he just say?

"You were blocking my way. Please step aside next time you see me, Bae Suzy-ssi."

I stood up as soon as he called me by my full name.

"Who the hell are you? You can't see where you were going because of your heavy eyeliner! I'm a girl and I don't even wear any make-up! Hah! Gay!" How dare he call my name?! I don't even know him! I'm causing too much trouble today but I don't care! This crazy bastard is ruining my day!

"See you around, Suzy-ah~!" He said with a playful tone and patted my shoulder. Things happened so fast and I just stood there, until I realized he's already gone.

 

"Did he just called me Suzy-'ah'?! Tch. He even patted my shoulder!" Wooyoung put his hand on my mouth when I shouted at the cafe.

"Aish, can you stop thinking about him? Calm down, geez." Wooyoung took a sip on his coffee and so I did. I took a deep breath and asked him what's up.

"Well, I got some good news and bad news today." He said. He's always like this so I'm not surpised whatever It may be because I know he can handle things.

"Good news first." I said. I don't want to hear any bad news at the moment.

"2PM will be having a worldwide tour!" He said and clapped his hands while laughing. It only makes his eyes shrink even more.

"Again? Psh. That's nothing new."

"Well, you know what's new?"

"What?"

"Your greatest rival will be joining us."

"Us? What do you mean us? And who's my rival? No one dares to be on the same level with me."

"Myungsoo is back. And this time, he has some plans."

Myungsoo. Myungsoo is back. Myungsoo.. Who.... MYUNGSOO?!

 

"See you around, Suzy-ah~!"

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

-ssi (pronounced as shi) is added to people's names in Korea to add more formality when addressing them. It's like Miss and Mister

-ah is like -ssi. But it is way more informal than -ssi. It is used by people calling their close friends only or someone younger than them.

Pabo means fool in korean.

 

I am sorry If there are some errors in grammar. English is my second language only. I am fluent in Korean and Tagalog and I grew up speaking it so there could be some errors with my English. If that happens, please tell me. Thank you for reading my stories and I appreciate every feedbacks you give. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please look forward for the next chapters! ^o^V