1/2

May I Have This Dance?

Note: The green line means they are talking in English. ^^


Author's POV:

Victoria leaned against the wall as she watched her friends danced with their respective partners in the middle of the dance hall. A sigh escaped her lips when she saw Krystal pecked her boyfriend, Minhyuk on his cheek. She couldn't deny that she was jealous. 'Ugh.. I'm a dance major and here I am, doing exactly nothing in a  dance party.'  After a while, the song that was playiing stopped and her friends, Krystal, Sulli, Luna and Amber walked to her after telling their partners.


"Vic, why aren't you dancing?" Sulli asked right after they took their seats at a round table.
"Wouldn't it be weird if I dance alone?" Victoria asked back, instead of answering.
"Well, who told you to refused every single guy that wanted to be your Valentine?" Amber snickered.
"Amber got a point. Vic, it's not like there's only one person who asked  you. I counted and do you know how many guys asked you to be their date?" Luna asked. 
"I don't know. How many?" Victoria shrugged.
"Twenty-three. Freaking twenty-three. And you just rejected them without even thinking about it." Luna flailed her arms as she talk.
"Well, it's not my fault that they are not attractive." Victoria said without a care.


Her friends looked at her with a shocked expression. Victoria raised an eyebrow.


"What?"
"Not attractive?" Hour of them said at the same time.
"Yes. Didn't I just say that?"
"What is wrong with you, Vic? What do you mean they're not attractive?" Amber asked, her voice raised a bit.
"I just don't think they are. What's wrong with that?"
"Vic, the most wanted guy in campus asked you to be his date. And you said he's not attractive?" Luna explained.
"Most wanted guy in campus? Who is it?"
"Changmin." All of them answered in unison.
"Huh?" Then, Vic started to process the name. After a while, something clicked in her mind. "Ah, that guy who kneeled in front of me in the middle of the hallway?"
"Yes. And you rejected him without even thinking." And again, all of them said.
"Of course I would say no. I don't even know him in the first place."
"Thinking about it, why did you reject every guy?" Sulli asked.


Before she could answer, a funky song started to play, making her friends stand up to dance. They dragged Victoria along but she refused stubbornly. After a while of arguing, they finally left Victoria in peace.

When she had make sure that her friends were immersed into dancing, she sighed again. 'I just want a guy that can make my butterflies flutter. Is it hard?' She sat down and played with her fingers. She looked up when she heard some guys talking and laughing very loud near her albeit the almost deafening music that was booming through hall. Five guys were pushing one of their friends who looked like he wanted to escape. 'Pffftt.. Immature.'

Just as she was about to daydream again, she felt someone stand in front of her. She looked up and saw a handsome guy smiling and scratching his nape awkwardly. 'Wait! Isn't this the guy who being pushed just now?' She thought to herself. 

Their gazes met and, cue the flutters of the butterflies. The world seemed to stop like they are in their own world without anyone else. Victoria was the first to snap out of it as she felt her cheeks getting hotter.

 

"Yes?" She asked, making the guy snapped out of his thought.
"Uh.. You.. Dance.. Together?" The guy said.
"I... don't quite understand."
 

Awkward pause.


"Screw this." The guy mumbled to himself but it didn't go unnoticed by Victoria.
"Huh?"
"Can you speak English?" The guy asked.
"Yea."
"So.. uh.." The guy fidgeted as he spoke "May I have this dance?"
"I would love to but we usually dance alone for this song."


As soon as she said those words, the music stopped and was replaced with a slow song. The guy raised an eyebrow and held out his hand.


"So, may I have this dance now?"


Victoria looked pass his hand and saw her friends who ushered her to accept him. 'What do I have to lose if I dance with him?' Without having a second thought, she accepted the guy's hand and nearly missed her friends' cheers. 

The guy fistpumped and showed a thumb's up to his friends who were winking. 

They held hands and the guy led Victoria to the centre of the hall. Once they reached the centre they stood there awkwardly for a moment with hands still holding tight. It was not long before the guy's hands found themself on Victoria's waist and Victoria's hands were secured on the guy's shoulder.

They were dancing along the rhythm of the song. After a moment, Victoria realised that she didn't even know the guy she was dancing with. She looked up to face the handsome stranger and her butterflies fluttered again. 


"I don't even know you."
"So?"
"I'm dancing with you when I don't even know your name."
"The name's Nichkhun." The guy-Nichkhun- said.
"Mine''s Victoria."
"I know."

 

The fact that Nichkhun already knew her name made her a bit shocked but she just decided to ignore it. But then, something clicked in her mind.


"Wait! You can speak Korean." It was rather a statement than a question.
"Who says I can't?"
"B-but, you-"


Her words were cut short when she felt a finger on her lips. Too shocked to utter a word, she just looked at Nichkhun with a confused look and flushed cheeks.

 

"Listen to the song."

 

And that was what Victoria did.

 

All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I hope that you
Feel the same way too

 

Victoria looked up and their gazes met. 'Does this mean....'

 

Yes, I pray that you do love me too

 

With their gazes still locked, they danced slowly. Victoria was still observing the lyrics.

 

I said, you're all that I'm thinking of
Baby
Said I promise to never
Fall in love with a stranger
You're all I'm thinking of
I praise the Lord above
For sending me your love
I cherish every hug
I really love you

 

That was all it needs to make the butterflies in Victoria's belly died.

 

"I love you, Vic."

 



Author's Note: I'm sorry for updating this late and when I updated, it's just crap. T^T

Maybe I'll make another version for this story. (Keyword: maybe)

 

I feel like this doesn't deserve the subs and votes. You guys are disapointed, right? I'm sorry.

Tell me if you want continuation of this and I will gladly write it for you. ^^

The song is All My Life by Shayne Ward. (i love the song) XD