Whatever happens, just stay

Don't Ever Leave Me

“@omotheydidnt: Model and Socialite Park Kahi Divorces CEO Husband Jung Jihoon After 4 Children and 23 Years of Marriage??? Stay Tune for More!”

 

Byunghee spends almost 11 hours at work. He was called to the headquarter office in Seoul and the situation was pure chaos. The news of Jung Jihoon, the CEO of the company was divorced by his wife flipped the office upside down. Paparazzis and media were all over the area of the building. Some tried to sneak in, but was held by securities that doubled in amount. Byunghee and Byungki were both in charge of controlling the stock price. The company’s stock price had been fluctuated since the news broke out. They barely got any rest since they got to the office.

Jooyeon read about the news online while she was on a break during the CF shoot. She hadn’t contact her senior because she knew Kahi must be in chaos herself. She managed to contact her husband for only got “I’m sorry, baby. Can’t really talk right now. Love you!”
She understood and immediately put her head back on the shooting.
The shooting took longer than she and Jiyeon expected. It was a short CF, and took almost a whole day for only 5 short scenes. It’s 8 PM, and Hwanhee, Hyerin, and Sanghyun fall asleep waiting on them.
Watching them sleeping on the sofa and on their cradles is painful for both Jooyeon and Jiyeon.
"Jiyeon-ah, sometimes I don’t even know whether I can continue to see them sleeping everywhere like this…"
Jiyeon sighs. "Maybe we should take some time off? But everyone would be looking for you, and if you don’t respond, they’ll leave."
"We’ll manage, girl. Just tell them we’re on vacation. A lot of people know us, especially you! We’ll get something later on." Jooyeon smiles to her sister, but her face drenches in worry. 
"Don’t worry, Jiyeon-ah. A month or so will be fine."

Message received: 8.28 PM. “Byunghee-yah, we just got home and im effin tired. Open the door by yourself ok?”
Byunghee increases his walking pace as he reads Jooyeon’s text.
"Hyung! Wait up!" Byungki yells behind him, tying his shoe laces.
Byunghee throws his bag and his coat to the backseat, and jumps into the driver seat, immediately starts the engine. He sees his brother runs towards the car.
"Mwoya, hyung? Aren’t you tired? Let’s rest here for a while…"
"Yes, I’m frickin tired, so I can’t wait to get home." He steps on the pedal.

At exactly 10 PM, Byunghee unlocks the door and finds the dim living room. The only light source on the room is from the lamp on the dining table. He gets in and locks the door before he throws the car keys to the stand nearest. He takes off his shoes along with the socks and leaves it near the door carelessly.
He skips upstairs, and finds both bedroom doors are opened slightly. Weak lights peeking out from both doors. He walks to the nearest door that has a cute messy handwriting of “Hwanhee and Hyerin’s room” sticked on it, and pushes it open. He chuckles at the sight of Hyerin who has one of her little legs on Hwanhee’s tummy, while Hwanhee sleeps with both of his arms spread up above his head. Byunghee slowly lifts Hyerin up from the bed, and places her on her crib safe and sound before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.
He gets back to Hwanhee and puts down both of his arms to his sides.
"Appa?" He opens his little sleepy eyes.
"Sweet dream, handsome." Byunghee kisses Hwanhee’s left eye before letting him shifts on his bed and hugs his stuffed octopus.
Byunghee turns off the light and leaves the room, closing the door softly.

He pushes the master bedroom door open. The color of the room is yellow due to the subdued lights on the nightstands. He meets up with his wife’s back, sleeping on the farthest side of the bed, wearing her baby pink strapless dress with colored stocking.
He closes the door while still has his eyes fixed on her.
She’s here. Thank God, she’s here. He climbs onto the bed and slides his arm on Jooyeon’s waist, hugging her from behind.
She lets out a soft sigh as a sign that she’s now awaken. She tangles her fingers on his fingers, and snuggles her back closer to his chest. Creating no space between them.
He inhales her natural scent before placing a soft kiss on the back of her neck.
"How was the office?" she breaks the silence first.
"Never was so chaotic, but it’s nothing that we couldn’t handle." He nuzzles his nose to her neck. "How was your day?"
She softly caresses his hairy arm that is now placed on her ribs. "The drama CF shoot went longer than we thought. And it was heart-breaking to see the kids slept all over the place. Jiyeon and I thought about a month off so we can let the kids, and us, rest for a while."
He smiles on her skin. "That’s great."
"How are Jihoon taepyonim and Kahi sunbaenim? I hadn’t contact her since I heard about the news this morning."
He sighs. "We don’t even know where Kahi hyungsunim is, and Jihoon hyung wasn’t at the office. I hadn’t heard anything from him since yesterday, and nobody tried to contact him either. We were all busy managing the mess happened in the office. Medias were everywhere; we can barely walk out of the building. But securities managed to open the way for me to go home to you."
She chuckles. "Thank you, securities, for letting my husband home."
He chuckles following her.

They both close their eyes, and let the silent creeps in between them. Nothing can be heard in the room, but their hearts that are beating softly in unison.
The news of their acquaintance’s split made both Byunghee and Jooyeon think. Jihoon and Kahi were married for 20 years, and their used-to-be-believed-as the unsinkable ship sunk. Was there someone else? Did they have a big argument that can’t be solved, except by a divorce? But, the biggest questions that linger on both Byunghee’s and Jooyeon’s mind are “Was their love gone? Are we going to face the same problem if we manage to reach our 20th year? What does the future have for us? Will we… leave?”

"Don’t leave me." They say the words coincidentally at the same time, as if their trains of thoughts are noisy enough to alert each other.

They chuckle, laughing sadly at their insecurities.
"But, really, Jooyeon-ah," he tightens his hug, "don’t leave me. Don’t ever leave me."
She clinches his fingers and brings them to her lips before placing kisses on them. "No, Byunghee. Don’t ever leave me. You can’t."
He turns her body slowly to make her faces him. He pierces his gaze on her eyes, and finds worries and fears, with a glimpse of love down beneath them.
"Your fears and worries are burying your trust and love in me, baby. Let them free. Let your love and your trust stay in your mind and your heart."
"Byunghee…" her eyes sparkle with moist.
He gives a kiss on each of her eyes, before pulling himself to get a better view of her face and caresses her cheek with his thumb.
She lifts her fingers, and touches his face.
"Stay with me, baby. Whatever happens between us, just stay." She whispers.
He smiles and nods to her. "And you, too, have to stay. Whatever happens, you can’t leave me."
She takes his hand from her cheek and intertwines their fingers together. "Have faith in me. Have faith in us."
He pulls her body to him and puts his lips on hers.
"We’ll have each other even if the sky crushes down on us."
She chuckles. "Yeah, we will."
He places his arm beneath her head and lets her rests her head comfortably on it. He lets his other arm dangles freely on her shoulder.
She places her arm on his waist and lets her body relax on his warm embrace as she closes her eyes.
"I’ll have a hard time washing that shirt tomorrow. My makeup all sticks on it…" she whispers.
He chuckles. "Why haven’t you washed your face?" he moves his hand into her short red colored hair and moves his fingertips on her scalp.
"Too… tired… to move… I just immediately lie here after I put Hwanhee and Hyerin to bed."
He wraps her body with his legs and his arms as he chortles. "My poor modeling-expert wife."
"Yah, let me go… Your armpits smell." But she’s too tired to fight him.
He laughs. "I’m showering you with my love. My love includes my body smells."
She snorts.

And not a while, he hears her soft steady breaths. He smiles as he loosens up his hug, but she snuggles closer to him, digging her body to his chest.
He chuckles and kisses the top of her head.

“I feel at home when I’m with you, chamomile~” he sings softly into her hair. “You make me only search for you. Even long hours have passed in here, it's only make it even sweeter. She’s like chamomile. She’s like chamomile. She’s like chamomile. She’s like chamomile~”

J'Kyun feat. GoChangin of Sugarbowl - Chamomile