1

Paper Cut

He had been so busy lately. Ever since he had been picked up by that talent scout and joined that company it seemed like he had forgotten all about her. ~~~~~ sat in the middle of her room with her legs crossed and stared at the phone in front of her. He had promised he would call today. Suddenly the song that he had written for her started playing from the cell phone’s speakers. ~~~~~ threw herself over the phone and answered it.

“Yoboseyo?”

“~~~~~? It’s Jae Mi.” ~~~~~’s hopes faded away when she heard the voice of her best friend. Jae Mi seemed to tell what was wrong. “Yonghwa, he didn’t call yet?”

“No,” ~~~~~ said with a sigh. She couldn’t believe he had forgotten her, again. ~~~~~ knew from Jae Mi’s silence that she was very displeased. “I’ll just give up on waiting, for today. I’ll call him tomorrow,” ~~~~~ said and tried to sound somewhat cheerful. Jae Mi groaned.

“Don’t. He’s not worth it ~~~~~. I know you’re in love with him and all, but there are millions of guys out there who would kill to be by your side. He’s not the only one. And trust me when I say; you won’t have any trouble finding someone.”

“See you tomorrow Jae Mi, like we decided. Goodnight.” ~~~~~ hung up. She was used to that kind of lecture from her friend by now. She knew that Jae Mi had a point, but there was one detail missing. None of these other guys were Yonghwa. They would never be. She knew what kind of guy he really was. He would never do something like this purposely. That’s why she decided to give him another chance. For that reason, and because she loved him.

 

“Yonghwa? You didn’t call yesterday,” ~~~~~ said carefully when Yonghwa picked up the phone.

“Ah, right. ~~~~~, I’m so sorry!” Yonghwa desperately said. He groaned to himself. “It’s just… I’ve been so busy lately, I can’t seem to get anything to stick in my mind. Please forgive me, I’ll make it up to you,” he pleaded and ~~~~~ he was using his puppy eyes through the phone. A small smile spread across her face.

“I forgive you. Don’t I always?” she asked. Yonghwa chuckled.

“You do. What would I do if you didn’t?” Someone called for Yonghwa in the background. “Yeah, Min Hyuk, I’ll be right there!” Yonghwa called back. “I’m sorry ~~~~~, I have to go, we’re getting ready for a performance.”

“I wish I could be there.”

“Me too.”

“Call me later.”

“I will. Love you.”

“Love you too.” But he had already hung up. She sighed and stared at her phone after flipping it close. She definitely forgave him too easily. But whenever she spoke to him it was like all their troubles disappeared. It wasn’t hid fault he was busy. ~~~~~ put her phone away and crawled into bed. Spite the fact that she had already forgiven Yonghwa there was a small voice in her head nagging her that he could at least find a few minutes to just give her a call. She rolled over to one side. Just say he had to go to the bathroom. They had to be allowed to take bathroom breaks, just because they were idols now didn’t mean were some sort of super humans. They still had their needs. She had her needs, and she needed to hear Yonghwa’s voice once in a while to know that he was still there. Was it too much to ask?