❤ Because I Don't Know How to Love`~.

Songs of My Heart

Singer: F.T. Island

Genre: Romance; Angst

Date of Completion: 14th November 2014

That in my next life, I won’t have a young love
When I really understand love,
If I meet you then, I’ll take you into my arms
So that we’ll only have happy dreams

❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤

"Hey, where're you?"

"I'm busy. Why?"

"We were supposed to meet for dinner at 6..."

Baekhyun looked at his watch. Crap. It's 6.30.

"Let's meet another day. Tomorrow okay? I'm out with my friends now," Baekhyun gave an apologetic look towards the guys he was hanging out with, as they were waiting for him to get into the movie theater.

"But..."

"Tomorrow, okay? Got to go. Bye."

*Click*

Taeyeon sighed. It's our first year anniversary.

"Sorry miss, would you like to head in first?" The hostess came out, seeing that she had been waiting outside since 6.

"No, it's okay. I need to go. Thank you," Taeyeon gave a quick bow and ran off, before anyone could see her tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Baekkie," Taeyeon called out, "Baekkie!"

"What?"

"Why're you so annoyed?" Taeyeon asked. She only wanted to know if he would prefer kimchi soup or fried rice for lunch.

"Because I'm busy and you're making me lose my concentration!" Baekhyun snapped, though his eyes were still fixed to his tablet screen.

Taeyeon glanced at the screen. He is playing that game again.

She calmed herself down before asking, "do you want kimchi stew or fried rice?"

Baekhyun replied, "we've been together what... ten months?"

"Nine."

"Okay, nine months. When did you see me drink kimchi stew?"

With that, he was silent, focusing entirely on his game.

He did not look up to see that Taeyeon had accidentally let a tear drip down her cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, would you be able to borrow a car from your dad and send me to school today? My project mates are making me bring tons of stuff over because today's our presentation day."

"Okay, sure. I'll ask him. What time would you need to be in school?"

"10."

"That's less than an hour away. Tell you what, I'll ask him and get prepared as soon as I get permission from him."

 

"It's lucky your dad is able to let you have the car."

"Yeah. So what's the project about?"

"Huh? Oh... Traditions of Korea. That's why we've also borrowed hanbok to wear."

"Uh huh. Why didn't your group members help you with the stuff?"

"They just pushed me to do it. It's alright, no big deal."

"Luckily my dad doesn't need to use the car today. Alright, we've reached. Need me to bring it down for you?"

"Nah. I can carry them myself."

"Seriously, I can help you. I don't want you to hurt yourself carrying so many items."

"I said it's alright. I'll just bring it in and my friends can take over from here. See you."

"Bye Baekkie..." Taeyeon looked as her boyfriend walked further and further away from her. She saw him placing the items at a bench and waited, and later some people walking over to help him with the items.

Did he not want his friends to see her? That's why after dating for seven months she had never met even one of his friends.

Her heart ached, thinking of this possibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Baekkie..." Taeyeon sat next to her boyfriend on the sofa.

They were in his house after Taeyeon had returned from her job, and Baekhyun his lessons.

"Uh huh?" Baekhyun questioned.

Taeyeon pouted, "my manager is so mean. She kept making me re-do the same report over and over again, without even telling me what was wrong with it. Also, she kept ordering the intern to get new cups of coffee for her all the time, complaining about it getting too bitter, or too sweet, or too much milk."

"Well, that's life," Baekhyun shrugged.

"But..."

"Oh yeah. Did you know? A new game of the series I've been playing is coming out in another," he counted his fingers, "four months."

"Huh?"

"I read the reviews from some of the test players. They are all raving about it. I bet it would be awesome!" Baekhyun continued excitedly.

He did not notice the wry smile on Taeyeon's face.

Nor does he know that she was wondering if four months into a new relationship is a good grasp of whether or not a couple will be able to communicate well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's meet. Now."

Baekhyun looked at the time. He needed to meet his friends in another 30 minutes to play basketball.

"I know that I missed the dinner last night. But I'm busy now. We'll meet tomorrow," he spoke into the receiver.

"I'm leaving you..." Taeyeon told him.

"What?"

"I... I want a breakup."

After a few seconds of silence, he spoke up, "why?"

"I want to be happy."

"Okay," he agreed.

"Goodbye," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was not true that he did not have feelings for her.

He knows now. He did love her. He was just immature at that time.

When she broke up with him, he did not know what to say in his defence. He could not plead with her to stay.

She wants to be happy.

It meant that... he was not giving her that happiness.

At that time, he hoped that she will meet someone who can give her that. Happiness.

Because of that, he said goodbye. Because of that, he sent her away.

These five years after the breakup, he did date other girls. But none of them lasted even a month.

Because they are not her. No.

They can never be her.

Because he cannot erase her from his mind.

He had been crying.

Praying.

Everyday.

Since he cannot be with her in this lifetime.

He hopes to meet her again in the next.

When he is older, more mature.

When he knows how to love a girl and treat her right. Treat her the way she deserves to be treated.

Not like he did five years ago.

Not a young love. Not again.

If he met her again in the next lifetime, he would definitely hug her tightly, and never let go of her. He will bring her joy.

And she will be happy. With him, not someone else.

When he is able to give her that happiness.

Until then.

He will keep praying for it.

❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤.❤