Final

Do you want to build a snowman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun

21st of December 2013, 19:30

She told me once that eternity doesn't exist, that one day, we will go in our own separate ways. I remembered clearly and vividly how angry I was that for the first time, I yelled at her and we shared our very own first quarrel.

I look outside of the window, and what greets me was the white world. Thick layers of snows piled up on vehicles and our front porch, but I am too lazy to even step out of the house to clean it up. I heave a sigh, and walk towards the kitchen, thinking hard of what to cook for dinner.

"Sooyoung!"I yell, to the girl hiding behind those door, still not wanting to face the outside of the world to be with me. She is still angry at me, but what can I possibly say when I destroyed her dreams?

Silence.

I huff a breath of irritation, because I always hated silent treatment, they made me felt so unimportant. "Sooyoung! Can you please, just please reply to me for once? I am so sick of you being so childish!" I lament, taking out fresh lamb from my fridge and leave it on the tabletop before preparing for other ingredients.

However, I still hear no reply from her. Huh, is she testing with my patience now? She knows me well enough to know what possibly will happen if I rage.

"You know I was thinking of cooking curry lamb, what do you think of it?" I smile to myself, because the memories from last time flash across my mind. The happy memories of me and her, the way she laughed and the way she got angry whenever I about her appetite.

"I know it's your favorite, Sooyoung," I continue talking although knowing perfectly well that there will still be no reply, because I know that she was listening secretly to me and hiding back a smile. Or so that is what I think.

"Ah, yeah, of course, I will never forget to add in more chili. You like it spicier, don't you?" I chuckle, yet there is this pang in my heart. It is undeniably painful and I look up at the ceiling to stop the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Please, don't be mad at me anymore." I whisper, whipping my head to look at that locked door where the brunette probably is listening to me, crying along with me. Or maybe, she is just sitting with that poker face of hers.

I sniff, and blinks several time, before dumping all the ingredients into the pot and start cooking. She would always creep behind me and surprised me with one of her warm back hug, and gave me kisses on my cheeks. I grin at the memories, and it saddens me that she isn't going to do that anymore yet I have no one to blame but for myself. But, I am satisfied that she is here with me instead of away from me.

After a few minutes, I finish cooking with a few swirls of the spoon and dumping in more of salts and peppers. I set up the dinner table, although knowing fully well that I am going to be the only one that is going to sit and enjoy this sumptuous meal.

I sigh for a nth time that day, since I become moodier whenever Christmas is near. It just drains my whole spirit away. Ironic because Christmas used to be one of the special holiday that enlightens my mood since she used to stay for nights, cuddling with me together on the bed.

I stroll over to the window and stare out blankly. It was just awhile since I went to the kitchen and cooked dinner, but the window had turned misty and was coated with snow.  I shiver a little when a cold wind brush against my cheeks, and my grip on the wool sweater tighten.

I huff a breath on the window, and let my fingers swipe up and down, I smile a little at my own creation. I never knew I could draw a snowman well. Jumping gleefully like a little kid, I trod over to that locked room and knock with excitement,

"Sooyoung! Do you want to build a snowman?" I ask, ecstasy fills my heart since I always has known that Choi Sooyoung likes building snowman despite how harsh or cold the weather might be.

I snort bitterly, what was I even expecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter