Dream Come True (Final)

Dream Come True

Jiyong’s POV

 

Finally.  We’re finally starting to get recognized as a legitimate idol group.  We’ve worked our butts off for a long time, and it’s beginning to pay off now.  It’s been our dream to become singers, and this was a gigantic step into the right direction.

 

Though it was supposed to be my solo song, YG hyung suggested that maybe it would be better off as a group song.  I was hesitant at first, but seeing the positivity from the responses makes up for it.  We saw the headlines loud and clear.

 

Big Bang’s “Lies” is a hit!

 

Since the debut of our song, Lies, we have hardly heard the ridicules given to us by people.  Too short.  Too ugly.  How are we idols?  None of those came up anymore.  Or at least noticed.  Instead, praises from critics and other groups have arrived, and it has given us new hope and confidence that we can continue in improving our skills.

 

Nowadays, I haven’t dreamt much, and for good reason.  Why dream if I’m already living it with my friends?  Nothing could be better, right?

 

Wrong.

 

One night, I actually had a dream.  And what was so strange about it was that it was memorable.  Something that affected my life a bit because of its unforgettable events.  Above all, it felt real.  Too real.

 

[Dream]

 

At our dorm, I was in my room writing down some ideas for another song, until I heard a knock on my door.  Engrossed in my work, I told the person to come in.  What I expected was one of my friends to come and talk to me, but I was in for a surprise.

 

“Oppa!  What are you doing?!”  A girl yelled.

 

Oppa?  What the heck?  It’s a girl talking to me? 

 

As I turn to see who the girl was, she suddenly enveloped me in a hug.  I thought to myself, “Who is this girl?  Why is she hugging me?  She called me oppa?  Are we close?”

 

I awkwardly asked, “…Uhhhh, it may be weird for me to ask, but what is your name?”

 

She pulled back from the hug and pouted at me before saying, “Yah, you don’t know your own girlfriend’s name?!”

 

Girlfriend?!

 

“…Uhhhh, no, no.  I was just kidding,…it starts with a y, right?”  I had to think quick to save myself, so I answered her jokingly.

 

She started to laugh loudly.  Wow.  Her alligator laugh is cute.  Almost stunning to see.  But where have I seen that before?  Seems familiar.

 

“Yes, Ji oppa.  It starts with a y, but remember my name next time, araso? Anyways, you never answered my question.  What are you doing?”

 

Well, since it’s just a dream, I might as well follow along, right? 

 

“Oh, I’m just thinking about what I should use as ideas for a new song.”  I smiled towards the girl sitting on my lap.

 

“Wah, so much ideas.  Oppa, you’re really good at songwriting!”

 

“Thanks, jagiya.  You are my motivation.”  I said before pulling her in for a peck on the cheek.

 

“Yah, oppa!”  She playfully hit me on the chest.

 

“What, you said you are my girlfriend, right?  Unless, you are lying to me?”  I chuckled at her.  “If you really were my girlfriend, a kiss on the lips wouldn’t hurt, right?”

 

I started to pull her close and our lips almost touched until…

 

“Hyung!”

 

[End Dream]

 

Goddamnit.  My dream got interrupted by an annoying person.  “Yah, maknae!  What do you want?!”

 

“Hyung, we got to hurry. We have to get ready for the show recording today.”  Seungri said as he hid behind my door. 

 

“Fine.  Just let me wash up first.”  I said as I went to the bathroom.

 

*****

 

We were in our van, on our way to the studio.

 

“Jiyong-ah, you seem a bit grouchy today.”  Youngbae said.

 

“Yeah, what happened?” asked Seunghyun hyung.

 

“Maknae over there interrupted a very special dream of mine.”  I said as I glared at Seungri.  He trembled a bit, to which we laughed at.

 

Daesung asked, “Well what was so special about this dream of yours?”

 

“Well, for one, it’s special since I haven’t dreamt for a while.  Second, because I happen to have a girlfriend in it.”

 

“Chincha?  A girl?”  Seungri hastily asked.

 

“Yes, a girl, maknae.  I’m not going to be dreaming about unicorns.  That was a one time thing.”  I remarked.

 

“Anyways, what was this girl’s name?” Youngbae asked.

 

“I don’t know.  I’m not too sure other than I correctly guessed that her given name started with a y.”  I said before shrugging my shoulders.  “The memorable part was that my dream felt so real.  This girl and I felt like we matched perfectly.”

 

Seunghyun hyung responded, “Well, maybe because it was a dream.  But you never know.  Dreams come true sometimes, like ours.”

 

That’s right, maybe there is a chance.

 

*****

 

After recording our “Lies” performance, I had to go to the bathroom real badly.  When I came back to my group, they were saying bye to a group of girls.  Rookies? Maybe. 

 

“Hyung, you just missed out!  We were talking to our hoobaes who happened to debut today.  We all became friends with them, even Youngbae hyung!”  Seungri said before being headlocked by Youngbae.

 

“Ahhhh, chincha?  Wow, bad timing to go use the bathroom.”  I replied.

 

“No worries, hyung.  We’ll see them at another recording tomorrow.” Daesung told me.  I nodded in response.

 

“By the way, what’s their group name?”  I questioned.

 

“Oh, it’s So Nyuh Shi Dae.  Girl’s Generation.”

 

Hmmmm.  Cute name.

 

*****

 

That night, I had another dream and it shocked me that I was still with the same girl as my earlier dream.  It probably helped that my first dream was memorable enough to remember her beautiful features from her eyes to her laugh.  This time, we were on a date at a park and I loved every second of spending time with her.  She told me she was also debuted that day, but I just thought it was influenced by what my members told me.  I congratulated her anyways, but like the first time, as soon as I pulled her in to kiss her on the lips, I woke up. 

 

Again.

 

“Yah! Maknae!”

 

“Sorry, hyung!”

 

*****

 

We got to the studio early, and Seungri mentioned that SNSD should be there already.  He insisted that we go to greet them before their turn to record, to which I was a bit flustered.  My group members pushed me backwards to their waiting room, where I bumped into someone.  Probably one of SNSD’s members.

 

I looked at the ground, turned around to the direction of the girl and bowed 90 degrees.

 

“Mianhae for that.  Annyeonghaesaeyo,  Big Bang’s Kwon Jiyong, or G-Dragon, immida.”

 

“Gwenchanayo, G-Dragon sunbaenim.”  She said bowing a bit.

 

I still bowed saying, “It’s okay to call me Jiyong or oppa.  I mean, if you would prefer to.”

 

“Araso, Ji oppa!”  She said cheerfully before laughing a bit.

 

I was shocked.  She sounded like the girl in my dreams.  Especially her alligator laugh.  I looked up to see her face.

 

She looked identical to the girl that I’ve dreamt of the past couple of days.  From her eyes, to her hair and her smile.  She was my dream girl.  My dream that came true. 

 

She bowed and announced her name.

 

“Annyeonghaesaeyo, SNSD’s Im Yoona immida.”

 

 


Author's note:  Just a short and simple plot, but a GYoon fic nonetheless.  Again, another story based off my own experience, though not as in detail as the last time, since dreams tend to fade from your mind.  But still I remember the most memorable parts of it, and it's been a while since I've had such a dream.  Anyways, thanks for reading! :D

Comment, upvote and subscribe if you'd like and if you want to follow me as I continue to write fanfics! :)