Chapter 1

Catching More Than Just Fish

 

"So, out here again?"
 
Yoochun jumped violently, whipping around to find a guy leaning against a pole with his arms crossed. Jaejoong raised an eyebrow, his eyes sweeping over the assorted fishing gear. "Really, Chun, really? Midnight fishing? Are the fish even awake enough to eat the bait?"
 
"It is not so much the fishing but more the act that helps me to think." Yoochun replied in a calm but defensive manner. Jaejoong smirked. 
 
"Well, to know that a rod and a bunch of worms is what keeps your brain running is a little... sad, to say the least."
 
Yoochun sighed and turned his back to the elder and resumed picking up the gear, taking care to let the fishing rod swing around with a loud, satisfying SMACK.
 
"OI, WATCH THE HAIR!"
 
~
 
The two sat silently on the rocks, rods in hand, lost in their own thoughts. In the distance, a drunk belted out a heartfelt and lyrically incorrect rendition of Mirotic.
 
"So, tell me."
 
Yoochun sighed inwardly, knowing it would come to this. Why else would pretty boy tag along? Fishing was hardly his strong point. Well, okay, it wasn't exactly Yoochun's greatest talent either but that was beside the point.
The point was, other than Jaejoong's uncanny sense of when his soulmate would sneak out, the elder fervently believed that Yoochun was to only confide in him during his depressions. Perhaps it was because they both knew that Jaejoong was the only one who could truly help him feel better.
 
"Yes, Jae?"
 
"Why are your worms escaping?"
 
Yoochun looked down. Jaejoong was right- a few worms were making their way slowly up the rocks, desperately trying to avoid their fate as fish food.
Their attempts were futile.
Yoochun stuck out an arm and was about to lazily flick one back into the bait can when his hand came in contact with something warm, squishy and highly un-worm-like. Jaejoong's head whipped up, his hand also having come into contact with something disturbingly warm and squishy.
 
Yoochun looked at Jaejoong.
 
Jaejoong looked at Yoochun.
 
Both of them looked at their entwined fingers.
 
The worms continued their determined escape mission.
 
A fishing line twitched.
 
The soulmates shot up, laughing like a pack of hysterical hyenas and tripping over their bait cans (freeing more worms, might I add) in their haste to reach their rods. 
 
"Mine! Mine! Mine!" Jaejoong hopped about, drunk with euphoria, as his fishing line gave another powerful jerk. 
 
"You bonehead! Hurry up and reel the thing in or it won't be yours!"
 
"My head is perfect, thank you very much! Plus, I've already caught something today!" Jaejoong cackled as he reeled the line in.
 
"What, a blast of egomania?"
 
"No, you fishball! I've caught you!"
 
"Okay, Jae, I know we're soulmates and all, but that was just lame."
 
"No it wasn- WHAT THE ?!"
 
The two guys stared at Jaejoong's fishing line in utter shock and horror. Dangling from the hook, dripping wet and wearing ripped duck pattern boxers, was Junsu.
 
~
 
"So what were you doing in the freezing river in your boxers? Please don't tell me Chun-Fishball here rubbed off on you, and you decided to go for a midnight swim." Jaejoong was highly unamused.
 
Junsu wrapped the jacket tighter around his torso and sneezed. Yoochun simply closed his eyes and tried not to think about the seawater ruining his leather jacket. "I saw you guys sneaking out the back and I wanted to know where you were going! Uhm, afterwards I lost sight of you guys so I tried to go back. Then I lost my footing and slipped into the river and I guess you guys fished me out... literally."
 
A stony silence followed Junsu's words, and no amount of pouting could appease a severely unamused JaeChun.
The silence had almost stretched to breaking point (and Junsu was considering making a run for it) when the first droplets hit them without warning. Everyone glanced up.
 
"Ah."
 
"."
 
The rain answered their curses by pelting them harder.
 
"MY HAIR!! MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!" Jaejoong screeched as the three of them ran for cover.
 
"Well...... at least now I'm not the only who's soaked?" Junsu smiled weakly at his dripping wet bandmates.
 
He was tossed back into the river without further ado.
 

So that's that!

If you liked it, drop a comment! :)

If you didn't, drop a comment anyway to tell me how terrible it was and that you want to throw me into the river too! ;P
 
Thanks for reading!
 
- Lychee