black and white.

sound remedy.

all he can see between the sporadic flashes of light is an image of bare skin burned into his eyelids.

 

yoongi has the bizarre urge to cover up the taut flex of muscle, he thinks that would be more scandalous than the clench of the dancer's stomach beneath his own hand. he knows it is impossible for the dancer to see him below in the constantly shifting sea of clubgoers. he knows this and still when blown pupils flash glassy in his direction, yoongi goes breathless.

 

'-gi. yoongi! come on,' hoseok's voice flares between the beats of the heavy bass flexing the walls in a nearly visible shutter.

 

he glances back at the man swivelling in intricate turns on the dance platform.

 

'what the , man? yoongi,' his friend jerks him away from the spot he is cemented to and suddenly everything is in fast forward again. the lights are flickering and people melded together in a sweaty glitter covered mass around them.

 

this isn't how he normally spends his thursday nights. usually he is watching reruns of 90's sitcoms or calling his mom to deter her from shipping him a nice mail order bride to keep his surely disgusting bachelor pad clean. he wouldn't be in this dark abyss of clothed if it wasn't for his good buddy, read idiot receptionist/underground rap genius, hoseok.

 

leave it to hoseok to take notice that the next day was friday and there was a surprising lack of appointments at yoongi's humble speech therapy office next to the weird cat cafe downtown. leave it to hoseok to manhandle his boss into the word's tightest pair of black jeans and an oversized swaddle of nearly transparent fabric in disguise as a t-shirt. leave it to hoseok to call up a favor with his little underground buddies and get them into the club last minute with no questions asked.

 

yoongi maybe sort of hates hoseok, oh ing excuse him he forgot, 'j-hope'.

 

'v! give me two of whatever is good.'

 

the lavender haired boy behind the counter rolls his eyes and pouts before mixing up two bright splashes of something yoongi is positive has more alcohol in it than a college frat's jungle juice. he still drinks it anyway. it burns a flame into the pit of his already warm stomach and makes the hairs on the back of his pale neck stand on end. hoseok orders up another round of something just as potent.

 

yoongi maybe sort of doesn't hate hoseok, oh ing excuse him he forgot, 'j-hope'. only after the third round.

 

'are you going to join the cypher tonight?'

 

yoongi turns from where he was searching for a certain dancer in the crowd and wonders just how well the bartender knows his receptionist because the man is leaning over the bar to comb his fingers into the mess of hair spiked with sweat over hoseok's forehead.

 

'i hadn't planned on it, just wanted to show yoongi a good time.'

 

he figures that this v fellow must know him pretty well because yoongi recoils from the suddenly death glare that is sent his way. it lasts only a second before hoseok giggles and s a clumsy hand into the bartender's face. 'not that kind of good time, jealous.'

 

yoongi chooses that moment to suddenly be interested in the neon bunny ears perched on top of the girl next to him because he really doesn't need to see the exchange of saliva that is currently going on to his right. it is when he reaches up to touch the bright pink faux fur when he catches a glimpse of the dancer again, this time he isn't alone.

 

a guy that looks much too young to be in the club, let alone dancing for the crowd's entertainment, passes a bottle of water to the dancer as he exits off stage. they lean close to hear each other speak and yoongi gulps air when he sees those plush lips spread into a soundless laugh that arches the sweat drenched neck back temptingly.

 

then yoongi is promptly freaking the out because the dancer is leaving his underaged friend to weave through offers to dance as he makes his way to the bar.

 

then yoongi is promptly freaking the out because the dancer is smushing his face into the heated lip lock of v and hoseok and adding his tongue to the mix before the bartender growls and snaps his teeth at him as they all break apart.

 

'yah, park jimin. find your own,' v snarls.

 

hoseok is laughing so hard his face is frozen in a stupid grin that splits his face in half when jimin squeezes his onto his lap and bats his lashes at the bartender.

 

yoongi is so confused, the alcohol is definitely not helping anything.

 

or maybe it is because he is ing himself into the situation with a hand hooked in the low cut of v's bartender apron and tugging him forward with a smirk. he is two seconds away from smearing the already smeared lip gloss off pouting lips when hoseok erupts from his position and dumps his lapful onto yoongi so he can retrieve his shimmering boytoy from the grasps of his boss.

 

yoongi has a slippery grip on the sweaty slope of jimin's ribcage as they both laugh as the bartender cooes at the obvious irritation on hoseok's face. he barely notices fingers slipping between his to slide his hand into a better grasp until his thumb is curved into the indention of jimin's navel.

 

-.-.-

 

it becomes a steady repetition.

 

yoongi doesn't think jimin learns his real name until the third time they meet. it doesn't really matter because the dancer refuses to call him anything but suga, a nickname randomly stuck to him that first night as they laughed between the rhythmic staccato of hoseok's voice over the microphone.

 

during the day he coaxes stutters into lullabies and teaches traumatized victims how to ease their fear from a shout to a whisper. at night he tucks himself into the vacant spot among the ragtag gang of guys weaving a way beneath the socially accepted preconceived notions planted in society's mind.

 

v's real name is taehyung but only hoseok is allowed to call him that, they have known each other since elementary school where one time they got sent to detention for beating up a bully that called them weird after seeing them kiss under the slide at recess. v is a semi famous fashion photographer in the daylight, hoseok brags by shoving glossy magazine cutouts to yoongi between patients.

 

the underaged dancer turns out to be hoseok's baby brother, jungkook, that was still attending high school. yoongi meets him when he gets dragged along to hoseok's house for a cookout one summer evening. the boy fits right in, regardless of his age. yoongi finds him ridiculously adorable when jimin coaxes him into dancing solo outside next to the fire pit he is responsible for keeping stoked.

 

it is the night of the bonfire when yoongi meets the owner of the club, a pretty guy named seokjin that has a habit of blushing uncontrollably when the other guys start calling him princess. that night he also gets introduced to namjoon, the mc that had flared the club crowd into a frenzy with his deep voice during the cypher that first night.

 

it is as they fighting over the jarred pieces of meat that a distracted hoseok has burned that yoongi finds himself sliding in a sense of comfort he hasn't felt since... well ever really.

 

-.-.-

 

the first time yoongi sees any other them, save hoseok, in daylight is on a sunday after a frantic v calls him yelling in all caps and jungkook is luckily in the background to pull away the phone and explain how one of the models for the shoot had broken his left leg in twelve places trying to skateboard off a roof while drunk.

 

he thinks it is more funny than bizarre the way they all look different in the blaze of the july sun.

 

hoseok is trying to calm down a red faced taehyung from exploding when yoongi arrives to the empty warehouse being used as a backdrop for a collection of simple futuristic designs. jungkook is juggling makeup brushes between his teeth as he sweeps liquid eyeliner thick around jimin's eyes.

 

'thank god, i thought he was going to try calling namjoon if you didn't show up. last time that ended in complete nightmare,' jungkook whispers as he uses red lipliner to smudge in the creases of yoongi's eyelids.

 

it is awkward as .

 

yoongi has never done anything like this and jimin is moving fluid around him like he was born to turn just so to display the line of the painstakingly sown pleated trousers. they are propped up against chunks of cement and v is moving around them with a fancy looking camera as he murmurs wordlessly.

 

after the first outfit change jimin pushes yoongi down on the stool jungkook had done their makeup on. the dancer has a hand cupping his jaw and the other pressed dangerous close to the inseam junction of his royal purple slacks. yoongi would have swore that there was flames flashing in the depths of his eyes in that moment.

 

'stop being so stiff. you have to loosen up. just go with the flow, follow my lead,' jimin whispers as jungkook runs up to slick their hair into pompadours.

 

'sorry, i-'

 

yoongi doesn't have to finish his sentence, jimin is smiling again and pulling him up and over to where v is waiting for them. the rest of the shoot goes by in a blur. muscle to pale forearms. bare necks to clenched knuckles. all sharp color and soft lines. taehyung almost ends up crying when he flashes through the billion snapshots on his computer afterwards in hoseok's house.

 

'we work good together,' jimin smirks as he tackles jungkook to steal his video game controller.

 

yoongi sneaks out to pick up pizza for them all and beer from the corner store. he gets lost twice on the way back because his head is filled with togethertogethertogether.

 

_____________________

 

a/n: okay. so. hi. this is my first bts fic ever and ugh oh my gosh. i was gonna make it a super duper long one shot but then i just could wait any longer to see if anyone was even going to like this and uh yeah. sorry to ramble. hahaha.