Heartbreak Help (Final)

Heartbreak Help

1 AM.  A silence would usually fill an unoccupied recording room at this time of night.  But instead, that silence has been replaced by the sounds of a pen tapping against a table as it is used to write words of some sort.

 

Words describing one’s feeling at the moment, as well as the feeling they have held back for so long.  The process of expressing themselves through words, and only words.  Never intended to be shared with others, and to be kept secret for only them to know.

 

But this is what Taeyang, the singer, would do.  He would want to project the image of being a person who’s always happy and excited.  He would keep his feelings bottled up so that people wouldn’t notice the other side of things.

 

The person in pain who is writing at the moment?  Dong Youngbae.

 

The one who’s known to be shy.  Quiet.  Sincere.  Caring. 

 

The same one who’s never had a girlfriend despite these traits.  It baffled s and friends about how a girl could see these aspects about him but never seem interested in him.  How they always end up just friends.

 

Maybe it’s just that.  Maybe it’s because of these traits that girls don’t show any interest.  Maybe he’s too nice.  Maybe he’s too quiet.

 

Expression with words.  Not something Youngbae is strong in. 

 

So Youngbae had a different motive with writing.

 

He chose to express his feeling by writing songs, as he has done before.  Wedding Dress.  I Need A Girl.  These songs that spoke his true feelings at the time would eventually become public, and eventually, popular singles of his. 

 

Maybe this new one will follow in their legacy.  1 AM.

 

Youngbae’s POV

 

I continued to scribble down the feelings that consumed my mind.  I thought I’ve experienced worse situations than this before, but I guess not.  A few minutes later, I slammed my pen down onto the table in frustration.  I needed some fresh air.  I rushed up to the rooftop of YG’s building.  My comfort area.  I walked towards the railing and started thinking to myself.

 

 

Why must this happen to me?  All my life, I’ve worked hard to get where I am, as well as helped and support the ones around me who strived to do the same.  Maybe I should give up this life.  Maybe then I’ll finally experience it.

 

Love. I have always wanted to be loved back.  I care about every single person who’s cared for me as well, but never has someone really loved me back.  But I thought you were the one. 

 

Kwon Yuri.

 

I remembered back to the time of our blind date.  How we just clicked and were able to converse as if we were best friends.  How you were able to bring me out of my slight depression.  How you became my inspiration to strive to be the best singer I can be.

 

And once again, you’ve become my inspiration.  But not in the way I would have imagined. Or even wanted.

 

This thought was interrupted by the sound of an opening door, followed by a recognizable voice.

 

“It’s been a while since you’ve been here, Youngbae-ah.  But why are you here?  Especially at this hour.”

 

“…I’m just thinking, Jiyongie.”

 

“ Thinking about what?” Jiyong said as he positioned himself beside of me.

 

“Stuff.”

 

“Yuri?”

 

Of course my best friend would know.  Sigh.  “…Yeah.”

 

“And those lyrics down in the recording studio.  Yuri?”  I just answered with a slight nod.  “Well at least you’ve been abiding to our pact.”

 

It’s true.  Creating these songs based off our feelings began on a pact that we’ve made after we both experienced heartbreak.

 

[Flashback]

 

The year was 2009.  Jiyong was preparing for his debut solo album, while I worked on songs for my second (first full length) album.  However, at the time, we both had a crush on the same girl.

 

Dara noona.

 

Both of us knew of the other’s feelings for noona, and so we playfully competed for her love.  However, my interactions with her were awkward, as I couldn’t confidently speak with her.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong had no problem doing the same with her.  He also had the confidence to act straightforward with her.  It was visible to see Dara noona’s affection for him over me, especially since he fit her ideal type.

 

In the end, it didn’t matter as we both ended up being rejected before being told that she was actually in a secret relationship with an idol.

 

Jiyong and I were heartbroken, but we were able to comfort each other.  We ended up speaking with noona afterwards and told her that we’d support her relationship no matter what.

 

That necessarily didn’t mean that we weren’t saddened by the news however.  But in order to move on, Jiyong and I created a pact for only us to know.

 

If a person that we’ve loved has affected us, whether good or bad or in between, they will be an inspiration for us.  This pact led to a few of our most popular songs.  Jiyong’s Heartbreaker and my own song, Wedding Dress.

 

Jiyong went the more confident route with his song, while I stayed true to my feelings with a sad song.

 

A few months later, I was still in a bit of depression.  And that’s when I met you, Kwon Yuri.  The girl who inspired my song, I Need A Girl.  A continuation of the pact.

 

[End Flashback]

 

I chuckled a bit before I answered his remark.  “Well, I felt like tying with you at three songs apiece.”  He chuckled as well.  “So what about you, Jiyongie?  How you holding up?”

 

“Alright, I guess.  When she told that she started seeing Seung Gi-sshi, I was shocked.  But after a while, I was able to talk it through with her, and well, I did the same that we did with noona.”

 

We were speaking about SNSD’s Im Yoona, Jiyong’s longtime girlfriend. 

 

*****

 

Around the same time that I was infatuated with Yuri, Jiyong was the same with Yoona, and was able to ask her to be his girlfriend.  With the feelings that he felt with her, he was able to follow our pact and created the song, Butterfly.

 

But now Yoona was his ex-girlfriend.  They broke up around May of this year, agreeing that while they still loved each other, that maybe it was time for a break.  They also agreed that meeting new people would be fine, but Jiyong didn't meet any new girl.  He hoped that she wouldn’t do such a thing either.

 

In August, Jiyong met up with Yoona, with him hoping for the best of news.  That Yoona wanted to be with him again. 

 

But that didn’t happen.

 

Yoona told Jiyong that she started talking to Lee Seung Gi and was interested in him.  Jiyong didn’t take the news well.  He didn’t speak to Yoona at all, and instead teared up and ran off, while Yoona yelled at him to come back.

 

Following our pact, Jiyong once again created a new song, "Who You?."  Portraying a confident front, but ultimately showing his true feelings of loneliness.

 

*****

 

“Chincha? When did this happen?”  I questioned, surprised by his answer.

 

“A couple days ago, actually.  I bumped into her at the café that we frequently went to before, and well I had been meaning to talk to her about the situation.  So I took advantage of the moment.”

 

“And what did you say?”

 

“Basically what you've been trying to do for Yuri.  Wanting Yoona to be happy, despite the hurt that I’m experiencing.  To support her relationship if she really is happy with Seung Gi-sshi.”

 

He truly is my best friend.  My brother.  Understanding the similar situation that we’re in, with his ex-girlfriend and the girl of my dreams with other guys.  How we both chose to put them before our own happiness.

 

I nodded to his answer, so that he saw that I agreed to his inference.  There was a moment of silence between us as we stared out into the early morning view of city lights.  I broke that silence.

 

“…So what now?”

 

“I guess we continue to support their decisions.  If we’re destined to be together, it’ll happen.  If not, well if we truly love them, we’d have to let them go be with the ones that they’ve decided that they truly love.”  Jiyong replied.

 

“…Sigh.  I guess so.”

 

“Well, it’s getting a bit cold up here since it’s starting to snow.  So we should head downstairs.”  Jiyong said before chuckled.

 

“I agree.  Besides, we should probably continue working on that comeback of ours.”  I said before the two of us chuckled.

 

As we walked towards the door, I stopped Jiyong.  “Jiyongie?”

 

He asked, “What’s up?”

 

“Thanks for the help-with-heartbreak talk, man.”

 

“No problem, Youngbae-ah.  Brothers for life, right?”

 

“Yup.  Brothers for life.”  I said before we embraced each other with a comforting hug.

 


Author’s note:  As I said before, I apologize to those who like GYoon, but I felt that using Yoona's relationship would fit the role that Jiyong had.  And well think about it.  Maybe this is how its actually happening.  XD hopefully.  But still, it's just for the sake of the story.  To make up for it, I'll probably make a GYoon fic next, so keep your eyes peeled for it.  Hope you guys liked this story.

P.S.  This oneshot was actually one of my shorter ones, and for that, I apologize as well.

As always, if you want to, leave a comment; upvote; subscribe.  Any will be greatly appreciated. :)