~

In The Air

You and Kevin decided to take a quick walk that day down the pathway to the local park. It was a cold winter day, both of you dressed warmly with scarves and knitted hats you had made for eachother days earlier; You wore your glove only on your left hand as you slid your right hand into his cozy coat pocket and interlaced it with his warm fingers. You felt happy just to hold his hand as you two walked down the path, the fact that you loved him just made his touch so much warmer to you.

No one else was out this morning, which was surprising but you didn't mind. You two would get to focus on eachother and no one else, as if time had stopped just for you.

"Kevin...ah...it's so cold today..." You whimpered as you stared at the tips of your boots.

"Do you want to go back?"

"Hmm...no..."

"Then I'll keep you warm." Kevin stopped and gently squeezed your hand in his pocket before leaning forward and kissing you on the cheek. You quickly felt yourself start blushing and looked up at him. "Are you a bit warmer now?" He smiled; you could still feel your once ice cold cheek tingling with warmth and continued to blush before turning away from him out of embarassment and taking a step forward to continue your walk.

You shly smiled to yourself for the next few minutes, alternating your view from the ground to Kevins profile. He only stared straight ahead with his cheeks puffed out cutely.

"Do you want to go there?" Kevin exclaimed enthusiastlcy as he took his hand out of his pocket and pointed at the top of a swingset in the distance.

"But thats part of the children's playground..."

"No ones here today, do you see anyone?" You took a minute to scope around the area, he was right there was no one in sight that morning.

"Well...I suppose we could..." Kevin grabbed you by the arm and flashed a bright smile towards you that warmed your heart. It was so different being with someone with such a cheerful, youthful spirit for you. You smiled back and both raced to the swing set like children as you giggled about who would get there first.

You had won. As you approached the swing you sat firmly facing the sun rise, dangling your legs from the seat.

"Ahh..that isn't fair. You started before me!" You heard Kevin complain from behind you as he put his hands on your shoulders.

"Yes it is fair, anyways your legs are longer than mine!"

"So?"

"So...push me!"

Kevin placed his hands on the sides of your waist and rested his chin on your shoulder. "I don't have to do anything." He pouted.

You had chills go up your legs through your core, it felt so nice just having him hold you close. His warm breath on the side of your face was enough to make you blush again.

"Yes you do..." You whispered with your head facing forward, you didn't want him to see you blush again. You felt a sudden weight lift off your shoulders as Kevin pulled his head up. He quickly got in position behind you and let out a submissive sigh.

"Fine, I suppose you did win fair and square." He said playfully before pushing you forward gently.

Within a few minutes you were high up in the air, every few seconds you would fall back, swing forward, fall back. You felt like you were a child at heart again, your body completely warm with feeling of love and nostalgia all at once despite the harsh temperature and the fact that you still only had one glove on.

"Is it fun?" You heard Kevin ask as you fell back for the dozenth time.

"Of......Course......Its.....fun.......you........want.......to.....try?"

Kevin laughed at the way you spaced your words before each fall back, and yelled out an adorable "Yeah!"

As you decended towards the ground you stopped the swing with your feet and hopped off.

"Oh! Thanks for keeping the seat warm for me!" He joked as he made himself comfortable on the swing sweat. "Now it's your turn to push me! Muhaha" He gave a fake evil laugh that made you want to facepalm but you had to admit it was pretty cute so you forgave him in your mind for the second hand embarassment. You felt more comfortable now and decided to try something...
"Hmm....I don't have to do anything." You said playfully before mimicing Kevin's earlier hold on you. Chin resting on his shoulder, hands on his waist, though you were a bit less firm with your position on him then he had been.

"...You're right, you don't have to do anything..." He took your hands from his waist and linked them around him before turning his head back and quickly giving you a peck. "I prefer this anyways..."