Act 1: Beginning

It's Like A Play I Saw Before

The early morning sunlight shines brightly through the window in his bedroom. Luhan squints at the bright light piercing through his sight, making him roll over in his bed lazily so that the window faces his back instead.

Then his alarm decides to set off instead, waking him up.

Luhan groans lightly, sitting himself up in the bed while rubbing his eyes lazily to rub the sleep off his eyes. He glances at the clock. 07.30 AM. Kicking the blanket aside, he decides that being productive today wasn't a bad idea. After all tomorrow,  he has to go on that drama rehearsal. Tomorrow will be his first day acting, after long years of not being able to because simply he had graduated from school.

He smiles thinking about it. Acting might not be his forte, but it's not like Luhan got anything better to do either. When he went out looking for a job, he found a brocure for the play. An excited Luhan went home after, and called the person who's looking for some player for the play. Fortunately for him, he passed the audition.

He prepares breakfast immediately after, stuffing pancakes onto his mouth while watching TV. His apartement isn't exactly small, it's quite average. Sometimes he would invite a friend to sleep over because he thinks he's lonely. Xiumin would laugh at this, and Luhan doesn't understand him.

08.00 AM. Luhan thinks he's paranoid now, glancing at the clock every 30 minutes. Time was and always has been precious to him, especially when he's got a play to rehearse tomorrow.

After he's done with his breakfast, he slips into the bathroom, taking a quick shower.  He wears his usual white t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a hoodie. He takes a long last look around at his apartement as if trying to recall what he could possibly forgot to bring before he takes a long wark at the park.

 

 

The park is absolutely crowded. Being it a Sunday, obviously it is, but Luhan's never bothered with it. The park isn't even his private park to begin with, so why bother? 

The deer-eyed boy sits in his usual unoccupied bench. He merely chooses it because no one ever does, so he would mark it as his territories, just like how a dog would. He leans his head back to he bench, staring at the clear sky, clouds floating by, the breeze gently touches his face, the birds chirping rather cheerfully. Luhan beams, relaxed. He hears dog barking though, at the end of it all. It's quite rare because the barks are close, it almost feels like it's merely an inch beside him. When he glances forward, he sees a man- no, a boy, his dog gently. The boy wears a cap, which resulted to Luhan not being able to see his face clearly.

As if sensing an intense gaze from the deer-eyed boy, he looks up meeting his gaze. Luhan widens his eyes, trying to look anywhere but at him. The boy's eyes was dark, his gaze was slightly intense when he looked straight into Luhan's eyes, but somehow he thinks it's beautiful. He must be out of his mind right now. Though as he looks back at the guy before, he disappeared into thin air. Luhan blinks, once, twice.

Is he tired?

 

 

Oh Sehun, in the contrary, is too lazy to even start his day, especially the word productive. His dog would specially wake him up in most of his mornings and at least it helps him to not get to school late. He's grateful. So, to pay the favor, it would be natural to take his dog for a walk in the morning, before he turns to look at the calendar and looks over at the circled date. 18th February. He's kinda cursed.

Apparently, he was dragged by some of his friends to get into a play. He passed the audition, and was assigned to be the main character. As if it couldn't get more troublesome. But Sehun wouldn't turn them down. He likes being on a play, except considering them as a troublesome thing to do. Basically, Sehun was born a lazybum. At least he's talented, so there's nothing to worry about.

Sehun slips in his sleeveless shirt, a pair of jeans, and the cap he'd always wear. He also brings his navy blue jacket in case he needs it and steps out of the house while dragging his dog out.

He immediately scans the park around, something he doesn't usually do. He normally never visits the park which concerns him. But with his dog beside him, he could never feel much safer. Sehun smiles at this. He takes his dog for a quick walk before deciding to sit on a nearby bench. The young lad observes a boy across his seat, leaning back as if he's really enjoying life. Shrugging it off aside, he should just pay attention more to his dog, its head as it wags its tail side by side.

The young man diverts his attention only to see the male across him caught staring at Sehun, who is trying to look anywhere but him. Though Sehun doesn't mean to glare, but it naturally comes out like that as he observes quietly. His eyes wide, like a deer's. His facial features are soft, very baby-faced, and a not-so-small frame because Sehun is still obviously tall. He almost feels like a giant.

His dog then decides to pull him out of reverie and ran out, causing Sehun to slightly jumps up before running towards the direction his dog has led him. He curses under his breath quietly while catching up to his pet.

Sehun never looks back to the odd boy.

 

 

When Tuesday 18th comes rolling, Luhan, as excited as he'd be, quickly kicking the blanket energetically aside with a wide ear-to-ear smile that never leaves his face. 

Basically for Sehun, it is exactly the opposite. He wouldn't have woken up if it wasn't for his dog again. Sehun groans. Though annoyed, it's better not to get on his dog's 'bad' side. Once, he tried going back to sleep, resulting to him trying to tame his own pet in the end because Sehun wouldn't budge. It's was terrifying, at least for the lad himself.

Both of them never had any slightest idea that an unexpected encounter would occur the second time.

 

 

Upon arriving the building, Luhan can't help but amazed at the sight. He widens his eyes slightly, mouth agape--not until he realizes this--and eyes sparkling. It seems that it's not an ordinary building. Luhan would describe it much more luxurious, and big, he doesn't even dare think about what would be inside. Must be a lot of those luxurious equipments and outfits. Wow. He thought.

Well, what's inside does surprise him. It's not even what he had expected or thought at all.

It's ordinary, plain, nothing like what seems inside. But Luhan merely smiles because he could never get used to being so grand. If anything, he'd prefer being modest because luxury would only last a while.

He steps inside quietly, but full of determination. His deer-eyed-like wanders around the building as if curious, scanning around the place to see with a bigger view of what his rehearsal place would be like. After Luhan decides to stop wandering around, he decides to meet with the person in charge then he could go wander off around again to see what this place would offer him.

Passing by a familiar figure, he blinks. Once. Twice. It's the guy yesterday! But what is he doing here? Is he supposed to be on this play too? Luhan's certainly surprised. It was just yesterday that he saw the guy, how come he'd be able to see him again coincidentally? There's something odd going around. But he's different today, specially because he isn't wearing a cap. Although he's looking down as he's holding a bundle of paper.

"Heeeey, Luhan Hyung!"

A deep voice suddenly calls, making Luhan diverts his attention fully to the owner of the voice. Realization suddenly sinks in as he waved back with a cheerful smile. "Oh, Chanyeol! And Baekhyun too." The boy was more than surprised this time as he met his friends here.

"Are you guys part of the play too?" Luhan asks.

"Basically. Chanyeol here dragged me," Baekhyun chuckles, "Couldn't turn him down, Hyung."

"I see what you mean." The older shakes his head, laughing along.

Chanyeol--Luhan realizes--is looking around as if trying to find someone he hadn't met yet. When realization dawns on his face, he flashes his trademark grin. "Sehun-ah!" He called.

"Sehun?" Luhan tilts his head, following the direction Chanyeol glanced. The next thing he knew was that the boy who Chanyeol just greeted stands up, approaching them. His face showing no particular emotion, though. But then it suddenly dawns on him.

He's the guy at the park.


(((((crying))))) I barely able to made this because I'm not entirely focused but I'm glad I'm able to update anyway.

It's really really short, I noticed. and I'm sorry!1 The next one, I promise, will be really long.

Because this is just a mere prologue.

English is not my first language, so expect a grammar mistake along the story. eheh.

By the way, thanks for all the subscribing, views, and comments! upvotes would be appreciated too if you enjoy the story. : )

I hope to see more of them~*