Chapter 12

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What did Mark hyung say?”

 

“He says that she’s fine”

 

“That’s all?”

 

Of course that wasn’t all Mark said to JaeBum over the phone. Mark had mentioned that he’ll be back late because he was… worried. JaeBum resisted the urge to and to break it to their members but figured that even if he didn’t spell it out; their members might already have the slightest idea in why Mark is behaving such a way.

 

A way that has never seen before in his life; the concern for others other than his own members and this girl manage to do it effortlessly.

 

--

 

He waits for her to sleep when he knows that she hasn’t. She waits for him to sleep so that she could at least grab a shirt to cover herself. Finally, when Mark place himself on the chair with his head hanging low, Crystal peeks out from her blanket and counted to ten.

 

 Should be safe…

 

As softly and quietly as she can, she supports her worn out body with one hand on the bed and the other on the side lamp table. She holds the blanket around her body tightly, making sure her eyes were fixed on Mark to spot for any awakening movements. None…

 

She took a few light steps and picked a loose and old shirt from the drawer, pulls it over her small frame and then turns around to see if Mark is awake.

 

“Are you always inviting danger to yourself?”

 

She stumbled slightly when Mark’s figure towered over her and she bit her lips to stop herself from screaming because of the shock. Recovering from her unbalanced steps, she moved away from this man that seemed as though he became a different person.

 

“W-what…?”

 

“It’s dangerous to do that”

 

‘That” which Mark meant was actually not being cautious enough even though she knew he was around. Had she thought that he was really asleep and not faking on it? Mark shakes his head in disbelief but kept his words to himself, he bends down to get the blanket that was lying on the floor and took a step closer to the girl.

 

Spreading the blanket out, he places it gently around her shoulders. Crystal looked up to this one man that confuses her, unsure of what his intentions were. Mark then cups his hands around her neck and stayed still for a few seconds. The close intimacy scared Crystal and she tried to move away but Mark didn’t let go.

 

“Your temperature’s down, should be fine with a few days of rest”

 

Turning around from the frightened girl, he grabs his already dried jacket and walk towards the door without any more words. Crystal got the signal that he’s leaving but why would there be a slight disappointment in her? She couldn’t figure it out but it was so small she thought she had mistaken it.

 

“You’re injured, too…”

 

She remembered seeing him with the dead look on his eyes and those merciless bruises he got when she met him just a few distances outside their space. She didn’t ask why and how he got it but knew it must have hurt.

 

Babo…

 

Mark whispered in his heart a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter