Final

Unconventional

It was a fairly quiet morning in the shinee dorm room. It was a rare off day for the luxury idols so they are trying to enjoy the day as much as possible. They are until…

“Onew hyung, can I touch you?” Jonghyun asked. Everyone, who was within hearing range, turned to the dino puppy who asked the question and the one who is being asked.

“hmm… I don’t mind but may I ask why?”

“I’m trying to figure out something and thought this is the only way I can be sure of it” Jonghyun answered nonchalantly.

Onew, who immediately figured out what it is, nodded. Jonghyun faced Onew; placed a hand on his shoulder that he trailed towards the leader’s neck then up his cheek. He leaned towards the leader’s lips. Minho and Taemin was watching closely at the unfolding scene while Key, who is NOT jealous at all, is grasping his teacup too tightly that it looks like it’s about to break in any moment. Their faces drew closer to each until they are only a few millimeters apart. But before their lips came into contact with each other, the younger pulled back. He nodded his thanks to the leader and went to his room. Everyone except Onew looked dumbfounded. They had the same thing in mind.

What just happened?

 

---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------

 

It was noon when Jonghyun went out of his room. He spotted the maknae in the kitchen and went to him. Taemin who was busy washing dishes didn’t see his hyung so he was surprised when a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. He turned around to see Jonghyun.

“H-hyung! W-what are you doing?” Taemin stuttered in surprise.

“I’m sorry Tae, but could you help me out for a bit?” Jonghyun then brought his lips closer to Taemin’s ear and whispered huskily:

“Just for a little bit, it’ll be over before you know it”

Taemin blushed. His mind was trying to interpret what his hyung meant by that. He then remembered this morning’s incident.

Is he asking me for that too?

He looked at Jonghyun.

Onew hyung didn’t mind it… besides if it is going to help hyung… I guess I wouldn’t mind too…

“Okay hyung, I’ll help” he said while blushing. Jonghyun smiled appreciatively and ran his thumb across Taemin’s cheek. But before anything else could happen, two voices rang out.

“Yah! Kim Jonghyun! What are you doing to my Tae-baby?” Key and Minho said in unison.

The diva then looked at Minho confused before realizing what the flaming charisma could’ve meant.

“Explain yourself Choi Minho! What do you mean by ‘my Tae-baby’? Have you tainted my baby? Did you take away his innocence? You better not or I swear I will skin you alive!” Key said looking like he is about to kill Minho. But before any blood is shed, Jonghyun had wrapped his arms around Key’s waist to prevent the diva from doing any physical harm while Taemin got in between Key and Minho also trying to restrain his umma.

“Key umma, calm down, I think I’m old enough to have a boyfriend. Besides, it was me who confessed to Minho hyung so please don’t hurt hyung for accepting my feelings.” Taemin pleaded to Key but Key was still angry but now for an entirely different reason.

“You made my baby confess to you?!  How could you?! Are you really a man? Making my baby go through the nerve wracking experience of confessing and fearing of rejection?”

“Umma please… It’s already done with. I’m happy with Minho hyung. Can’t you be happy for me?” Taemin asked, looking at Key with puppy eyes.

“Aish… Fine… But if he ever does anything to hurt you…”

“Don’t worry umma, he won’t do anything to hurt me, besides I top.” Taemin said before leaving with a really embarrassed Minho. Key’s jaw dropped and Jonghyun was just as equally surprised but he quickly recovered and remarked.

“Never thought he had it in him, Taemin is really full of surprises.” Jonghyun chuckled.

Key also recovered from his shock and that’s when he noticed that Jonghyun’s arms are wrapped around his waist. He immediately blushed and tried to escape Jonghyun’s embrace but the latter kept his arms firm around the former’s waist.

“Yah! Jonghyun! Let go of me!” Key said trying to wiggle himself free. Jonghyun only tightened his hold and kissed Key’s nape.

“No.” Jonghyun said simply and continued to shower Key’s nape with kisses.

“J-jonghyun… please… stop it… I don’t want to take any part of your flirting” Joghyun did stop but he didn’t loosen his embrace on Key’s waist.

“Flirting? What do you mean?” Joghyun asked.

“Really Jongie? What do you call what you did to Onew and Taemin today then?” Key said. Pain was evident in his voice. Key has always liked his bestfriend Jonghyun. He would never admit it out loud; he don’t want to risk losing the friendship they had but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t get hurt when Joghyun flirts with others.

“Well, I guess you could call it that, but Bummie, I was really just testing a theory.” Jonghyun said while snuggling his head on Key’s shoulder.

“And that is…?” Key asked genuinely.

“Well, I was trying to see if I really like guys in general… or if I only like this one guy.”

So he does have someone he likes and this time it’s a guy. I already feel like crying but I know I can’t. I shouldn’t let him see me crying. I won’t be able to answer him without betraying my feelings for him if he ever asks me why I was crying.

“I don’t want to take part in your testing, Jonghyun, so please let me go.” Key said weakly as he tries to pry Jonghyun’s arms from his waist but he couldn’t move the more muscular man’s limbs.

“I’m already done testing, Key. I already have my answer. I only like this one guy and this one guy alone.”

“If that is so, why are you still holding me?”

“Because you are the one I’m talking about, Kibum. You are the guy I like. Didn’t you notice that I always pull away before I ever kissed any other guy? It’s because they are not you, Key. I can’t kiss any guy; no matter how handsome or cute he is, if he isn’t you. Now I know for sure that I am only gay for you; that you are the only one I desire; that you are the only one I fantasize-“. He turned Key around so they were face to face.

 “You are the only one I love, Key. I’m sorry it took me so long and such a drastic measure to figure it out. I really hope you believe in what I’m saying.” There was a long silence between them. Key looked at the floor, blushed, before saying:

“Prove it.”

Jonghyun stared at Key, his eyes questioning. Key spoke again, this time while looking at Jonghyun.

“Prove that you love me” Key said quietly. Jonghyun smiled and said:

“Gladly” before leaning in and capturing Key’s lips with his. Key smiled through the kiss. He hadn’t expected his feelings to be returned and he most certainly did not expect that Jonghyun will confess to him this way but if he learned anything in those years he was friends with Jonghyun, the older guy was anything but conventional. And this? This was the most pleasant surprise he had gotten from Jonghyun. Key is sure this is not going to be the last.

 

---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------0---------------

 

“You knew this would happen, hyung?” Taemin whispered to Onew while watching Key and Jonghyun.

“Yup! It was quite obvious what Jonghyun was trying to do so I let nature take its course.”

“You mean you purposely made Key umma jealous so it would result to this, right?”

“Yup!” Onew answered enthusiastically. Taemin and Minho just looked at each other. How could anyone see their leader as someone innocent? It was painfully obvious, he was anything but. Well, at least everything, worked out fine. Taemin looked back at the new couple.

Finally, I have an appa!

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hahaha… I know it was quite a bit short but I hope you guys liked it! I actually can't imagine Taemin as top but I added for a bit of comedy hahaha Please comment too! Reading comments fuels my passion to write so please do leave some for me. Please and thank you! I’ll be updating my Hyukmin story 'Just Wait' in a couple of days so I hope you support that too.