Final?

Shingeki no Kyojin & B.A.P

There was blood coating the short blades of the now tainted blades and trampled  grass. Youngjae felt his gut twist in utter rage and horror, that the blood was from his comrades who were now being digested by the 15 and 20 foot titans.

Youngjae looked down at both of his blades that were broken down and blunt from battle. His only comfort was that he got to be with his best friend the last few excruciating moments of their miserable lives.

He reached out to the soldier in front of him, his eyes were blank as he stared at the 20 foot giant,  the same titian that had killed his comrades mother years before. Youngjae could see the utter fear mixed with hatred as his best friend clenched his teeth, gritting them harshly.

The titan’s appearance was frightening.  It’s face was smeared with blood of the commander it had just ripped in half, the human guts dangling loosely as it approached Youngjae. Its smile was one that was petrifying, an absent smile one of just pure amusement. The large eyes were something indescribable, inhuman.  The hair bounced breezily as the  smiling creep walked up to us.

“Daehyun.” Youngjae breathed out in low tone. His voice shattered by the blows of life. One could only take so much, how many friends had he seen die before his eyes.  In the surroundings he could hear the cries and shouts of pain as his comrades were ripped apart and devoured by the colossal blood thirsty creatures.

The sounds of breaking bones and clinks of moving jaws crunching on the bones made Youngjae feel his heart start up an accelerated pace, ‘this is the end, here we die…’

~~

“Yongguk-hyung!” Junhong shrilled panicked seeing the incoming titan. He carried the unconscious comrade away from a 15 foot skeletal titan. His only defense was his blunt blade against the beast. The scrawny kid was no match again the ruthlessness of the Titan.

“Come on Yongguk-hyung wake up!” Junhong shouted mortified, shaking in fear his shift-gear broken. There was no way he could attack the titan and win, this chances of surviving were low.

The titan tilted his head almost a 180 degrees as its grin grew wider, his eyes bulging out as he smelled its terrified prey.

“Yongguk, wake up we can’t die here!” Junhong bit his lip harshly trying to contain the sob that wanted to be let out. The kid could barely keep himself up. He had slashes and cuts all around his body but that didn’t stop him, he didn’t want to die a weak coward.

Junhong didn’t want to die; he was too young and had seen and experienced too little. He wanted to live, wanted to see the world, and most of all he wanted to experience the love that he longed to have.

Junhong held Yongguk closed to him. The unconscious male had taken a blow to the head by one of the titans who had thrown a boulder at their horses resulting in the instant death of their one source of  transportation away from the man eating titans.

Worn out by their previous fights the teen had a hard time holding on to his friend. The blood plastered on the left side of his head had dried and crusted on his dark brown hair. His breathing was the only thing that let the teen know his comrade was alive.

The titan leaned on a tree for support due to its deformed legs and gawked at Junhong.

“I will kill you!” the teen shouted vengefully at the titan as he directed his blade towards the smiling beast.

Junhong took one last glance at his friend. His heart ached with remorse for the many unsaid words. “I’m sorry Yongguk. I couldn’t survive, I know I promised but that’s what promises are for, to be broken.” Junhong chuckled bitterly, the cut on his brow stung and the blood that flowed down blurred his vision.

“I just wish…I wish there was more time…I wish I wasn’t a coward. There are so many things I want to tell you….but you’ll never know.”

~~

On the other side of the field more men were being  snatched away from there stallions and  smashed to the floor smearing the grass with more blood. The titans gobbled them up and ripped them apart; the once peaceful prairie was a graveyard with limbs and blood staining its beauty.

Skillfully Himchan attached the wire on the back of a 30 foot titan and with his shift-gear soared through the small distance from the titan.  With his last decent blades Himchan  managed to cut the nape of the neck  of the deformed beast. One precise cut of the nape was enough and the only way to kill a titan.

Himchan let the falling titan soften his fall, “You despicable creature, you are an abomination to life itself.” The raven haired captain said with revulsion and spit on the rotting corpse.

Unfortunately, before the creature had stomped and killed his horse making him vulnerable for any titan to snatch him. It also didn't help that his shift gear was of no use.

Himchan started to run towards the nearest trees when he noticed a Titan gawking at him with its big dark ominous eyes.

“.” Himchan cursed under his breath, things did not look bright, and well it never did. Himchan was used to facing death straight on. Being born into a military family, Himchan was expected to soar through the ranks and have skill beyond the other soldiers. But what does it matter if one has skill when luck was never on their side?

The titan now behind Himchan was throwing his long and lanky  pale arms around slamming the grass next to Himchan.  The raven haired captain quickly dashed away from the bare jaws of the titan. Himchan gasped, not really knowing what was going to happen the next second. Titans are unpredictable.

The titan reached forwards but Himchan was able to slash the beast’s hand making both blood and steam splutter out of the injury.

Himchan readied himself for battle but the beast was too quick and hit the soldier, making him fly back a few feet.

Himchan groaned in pain. Even though he was feeling disoriented he quickly tried to push himself up but the titan slammed its grime filled foot on Himchan’s back.

Himchan shouted in rage and frustration, ‘not like this, not this. I don’t want to die like this!’

“Captain!”  Jongup shouted as he ran towards the fallen solider.

Jongup could see another titan walking towards Himchan; he needed to get there fast before the titans could make a feast out of him.

Jongup though being inexperienced compare to the other was one of the best soldiers.  He was a farmer before he had joined the guardian corps and lived in the Wall Maria before it was destroyed; his home was right on the edge when the titans came. The only reason why he escaped was that the titans were occupied with devouring  his family.

Consumed by guilt and self hatred Jongup was on the verge of suicide before he met Himchan, who helped him shift his own self hatred towards the titans. Himchan taught him everything he knew and was the man he admired most. Though Himchan had a cold personality and scary persona Jongup was the only one who would see his other goofy and  affectionate side.  They needed each other, and Jongup would prefer to die with Himchan than to run for safe.

Jongup managed to shoot his wire onto the titan’s back, using his shift gear Jongup soared through the sky. Luckily for him the beast was too distracted with Himchan that it didn’t notice Jongup soaring above his back.

“Die you er!” Jongup shouted as he pierced his blade across the nape of the beast’s neck.

The beast shrilled in pain as it fell forward.

“Captain!” Jongup shouted as he jumped onto the bloodied grass and ran towards his injured captain.

Himchan grunted when Jongup helped him up, Jongup couldn’t help but to smile that his captain as well and hugged the injured male, “Thank God you are alright.” Jongup smothered his face into the damped fabric.

Himchan pulled back in order to see the younger male better, “Jongup…” Himchan gasped in relief, “you’re still alive…”

“Of course Captain…” Jongup smiled generously.

Himchan mirrored the younger action, but their small happy moment of happiness was abruptly interrupted when long lanky fingers quickly wrapped around Jongup waist pulling him back.

Jongup shouted in pain as the unsuspecting titan squeezed him, “JONGUP!” Himchan shouted in terror.

~~

Daehyun slowly scanned the area, tears spilling down to his cheeks as he saw his friends die in horrific ways.  It was his fault this had happened. Daehyun could only blame himself for what had happen.

The titan behind them was soon going to be within grasps reach, but both boys were out of blades.  Youngjae couldn’t stand after a Titan had clutched him fracturing his ribs, he was only alive now due to his now dead comrades aid.

“Daehyun…” Youngjae smiled bitterly as hugged himself gripping onto his upper arms, “I just want to tell you, thank you for everything…thank you. Thank you for always being there for me.”

Youngjae shut his eyes, he didn’t want it to end this way, “When you saved me, I was so happy…I was happy that I met you and that even if it wasn’t as long as we wish for…I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Daehyun turned to face Youngjae, clear uncertainty on his face. Youngjae smiled, sheepishly tears spilling out his own eyes as he cupped the elder’s face, “Daehyun,  I’m sorry I couldn’t be of much help.”

Seeing the vulnerability and terror on Youngjae’s face the older boy reached  for the younger’s hands, “no I won’t let you die here, I won’t let our comrades deaths be in vain….” Daehyun shouted determined, “We have to fight till the very end, we won’t give up!”

Youngjae’s eyes grew wide with confusion. Daehyun stood up  but  and turned to the titan reaching it’s engrossed hand towards Daehyun who barely was able to stay up.

“Youngjae! Don’t ever give up.” Daehyun shouted as he faced his enemy with his fist up in the air, “We will survive!” Daehyun closed his eyes, he felt power surge through his arms through his  body to his arms.

“Die you bastard!” Daehyun shouted as he punched the palm of the titan’s hand creating a socking sensation surge through Daehyun to the titian.

“DAEHYUN!” Youngjae shouted, his eyes grew wide when he heard the roaring of dozens of titans marching towards them.


A/N: Thank you for reading and commenting! :D