Do You Remember? [Final]

Do You Remember? (One-Shot)

Final – Do You Remember?

.

[Chaerin]                                                                                                       

Today’s the big day.

I finally get to try and fulfill my dream. Today’s my audition at Cube Entertainment. For a few years now I’ve been waiting for this day to come. I had a long way to travel before I can get to Seoul. Right now I am packing all the things I’ll need for my audition.

The audition’s not the only reason why I was heading out to Seoul and to Cube Entertainment. The love of my life is also there. It’s been 10 years since I last laid eyes on him face to face. He looked so different from before but then again of course, even I look different from when I was 10 years old.

“Chaerin unnie, you ready?” I heard Minji asked. Minji’s my best friend ever since High School, I’m a few years older than her so she’s still a baby but she’ll also audition with me at Cube Entertainment.

“Just a little longer and I’m done” I told her and packed the last but very most important thing I have to take; my picture with the one I love.

. . .

-Flashback-

“You really can’t go” I told him as I hug him as tight as I could.

“Chaerin-ah, uljimma, it’ll be okay” he assured me along with his hug.

“Aniya, you won’t come back anymore. Oppa, you have to stay!” I continued as I try to breathe. Breathing was starting to get harder for me because of my crying.

“Yah, uljimma, stop it. Oppa won’t promise to be back but I will promise you this. When the right time comes, 5 or 10 years from now, I’ll love no one but you. I’ll give you everything; I’ll give you the world. This heart is only yours, no one else. We will face the world together, araso? I promise you these things, I promise to never forget” He told me which someone stopped me from crying.

“Promise me oppa” I told him.

“Chaerin-ah, I promise” He told me. He wiped the tears on my cheeks then smiled. I’m going to miss his smile, the smile that calms my system down whenever I’d feel sad or just upset. And then, out of the blue he started singing for me. His voice sent chills down my spine. The love of my life is going away to start a new life in Seoul along with his parents. I’ll miss my bestfriend, my lover, my all.

“Here” I said as I hand him the ring I always wear which was a gift from my father when he came back from America. I put it around his finger and watched him smile enthusiastically.

“Carry it with you at all times and remember that I love you” I whispered to him just before his babysitter took him away. We waved out final goodbye and I was left under the tree where we always meet, crying like there’s no tomorrow.

-End of Flashback-

Remembering those days makes me more conscious and nervous as ever. I’ve practiced the words I’ve wanting to tell him for 10 years. Yang Yoseob has changed so much. From being a bratty little kid I also rely on to being one of the ‘BEAST/B2ST’ members.

“Chaerin unnie, you excited?” Minji asked as we came closer and closer to the building where my fate lies. I nodded my head and smiled at her.

“Unnie, do you really think he will know you?” She asked. I just smiled at her. We arrived at the building. I took a deep breath, and then smiled at Minji.

“Now tell me again why we are standing here?”

“He didn’t promise me the clichéd promise that he’s coming back. He promised me something that I will never ever forget even if we were only 10 years old. This boy promised me the world. He promised me his heart. He promised me forever. He promised me himself. He promised me that one day, him and I will face the world just like those actors and actresses on TV. For 10 years I’ve held onto his promises. I’m all grown up now and so is he. He’s heaven and I’m Earth. He’s someone and I’m no one. I only have one question… does he remember?”

“Yah, Kim Chaerin unnie, are you insane? You were both 10 years old then, he probably didn’t even mean all the words he said.” Minji commented right after I told her the reason why I stand in front of Cube Entertainment building. I sighed deeply as I continued walking inside the building.

I was too occupied thinking about what I’ll say when I see him when I landed on the floor right after someone bumped into me.

“OMO” Minji yelled as soon as she saw me on the floor.

“Cheongmal miane, gwenchana?”  I heard a deep yet very familiar voice. My head lifted, my heart started beating as crazy as they were when I was 10 years old. I was young yet I knew what I felt for him is what people call “love”. Before actually going into this place I practiced what I wanted to say a million times over but now he’s in front of me the clichéd thing happened – I could barely breathe and speak.

“Gwenchana?” He asked once again as he pulls me up. I bowed my head and said nothing.

“Miane” he said once again.

“Yah, Yang Yoseob, you got to be careful next time” Doojoon said followed by a smile.

“We got to go, good luck with your auditions” Yoseob said and continued walking passed me.

I watched the love of my life walking away just like 10 years ago. I couldn’t say a word, I feel stupid but what hurts the most is that, I don’t think he knows it’s me… Kim Chaerin, the girl he promised the world to.

“You okay?” Minji asked. I nodded my head, chuckled then whispered “Yang Yoseob, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten?”

. . .

Right after my audition I went out for a walk to a park I saw as we drove towards Cube Entertainment. Minji and I were separated during the audition; I am not sure where she is now. As I come closer to the park I could see a big tree just above the hill. A smile formed on my face as I remember ‘our’ big tree back at home. I sighed right before I climbed the hill, is it really true he forgot?

Coming closer to the tree, I could hear singing.  As soon as I reached the top I saw someone lying under the tree.

“Yoseob?” I asked. He quickly got on his feet and stared at me.

“Oh, you were that girl from before” he said and bowed his head. I bowed my head in return and he gestured for me to sit next to him.

“Sorry about before, I was in a hurry. How was the audition?” He asked starting the conversation.

“Okay” I said scared to say something I’ll regret.

“You don’t talk much do you?” He joked and lay back down. He closed his eyes and started making the bird sound he always makes even when we were little. I started laughing as he continues to make the sound.

“Why are you here?” I finally got the courage to ask.

“I just like being under a big tree, it reminds me of someone.” He said as he gets up and leans against the tree. I smiled at the thought that it reminds him of ‘someone’.

“Oh, chincha?” I said and he nodded his head.

“You kind of remind me of her, what did you say your name was?” 

“I didn’t but it’s…” I hesitated a bit. Him not remembering my face is already heartbreaking, what else would I feel if even my name he doesn’t remember? “… Kim Chaerin” I ended. His jaw dropped and tears fell from his eyes.

“Chaerin-ah?” He asked which sent chills down my spine. Tears formed as he pulls me into his arm to hug. “Bogoshipo” he whispered followed by a sob.

“Do you remember?” I asked him.

“I promised to never forget, right?” He replied. And with that I broke down crying, his hug tightened and so did mine. He pulled away not long after and reached out for his neck. He took off his necklace and in hanging on that necklace was my ring.

“I’ll love you and only you” He said before putting the necklace on me.

“Yang Yoseob, oppa, saranghaeyo” I whispered back. He smiled then aimed for my lips.

And this is my story. 

...

Ended : 06/08/11 ; 12:18PM

#3 B2ST One-Shot Series ; will be Doojoon :)