Final.

You don't understand.

I slammed the locker door shut and leaned on it, exhausted from boring lectures.

"Um... ____?" a voice called out to me. I moved away from the locker and saw L.Joe, one of the popular guys in school.

"Yes...?" I asked.

"Its just.... I like you..." he said and pulled me in so suddenly for a hug.
I let him hug me helplessly because I was still in shock.
Suddenly, a loud bang was heard. L.Joe released me from his embrace and everyone turned their attention to where the noise came from.
It was from Chunji, my best friend. He slammed the door of his locker in anger, glanced at me for awhile and disappeared down the hallway.

I heard whispers all around but didn't have a single clue to what's happening.
I turned back to L.Joe and said, "Thank you for liking me.... I'm sorry to say this but... I cannot accept you, I'm sorry.."

L.Joe's expression turned dark immediately. He forced a weak smile and told me its okay before walking to his next class.
I went off to my class for the next lesson too.

I went into the class and saw Chunji staring out of the window, his face red with anger.
Not knowing the reason why, I sat quietly behind him.

The teacher came in soon and started the lesson. I played with my pencil throughout the lesson because I was so worried about Chunji.
After the lesson, it came clear to me that Chunji was mad at me because he didn't turn around to talk to me in class like he always did.

As he stood up from his seat, ready to go home, I picked up my stuffs quickily and followed him.
We would always walk home together because we live close to each other. 
Throughout the journey home, we didn't speak a word at all.
I stared at his hands all the way home. How I wish I can hold them and walk together...... 
And you're right, I have a crush on my best friend. I wouldn't deny this fact.

I soon reached my house and before I could say goodbye, he already went off. With tears in my eyes, I unlocked the door of my house and went in.

"Oh darling, you're back?" my mum called from the kitchen.

"Mmm." I replied and went up to my room, locking myself and throwing myself on the bed.
I looked at my phone, hoping that there will be a text from Chunji or anything.
But no, nothing at all.

I got frustrated but decided to take a bath and go on to finish my homework.

After a refreshing bath, I sat on the desk and started doing my homework. Several hours passed and its nighttime now. I can't seem to focus knowing that Chunji is mad at me.
Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I ran to get it and saw the caller ID: Channie ❤.
I got so happy and so without thinking, I pressed the "answer call" option.

"Hello, this is the XXX pub. I'm calling to tell you that the person that owns this phone is drunk and... we are closing so... would you come and fetch him? I chose to call you because I assume you are his girlfriend? He saved your name as 'Love'." the caller said.

I was shocked... 
Chunji at a pub? Drunk? He never drinks alcohol..... And he saved my name as 'Love'?...What in the world....
Without thinking much, I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed out to fetch Chunji.

It was just a stone's throw away so I reached there really quickly. I opened the door and went in. It was full of colourful lights, smells of cigarettes ans alcohol. People are either dancing, talking, playing or just drinking alcohol.
I pushed past the crowd to the bar area. 
Finally, I spotted my blonde hair best friend. He was chucking down a bottle of alcohol. 
Anger grew in me, wanting to stop him right there and then.
I then made my way to him.

Suddenly, I saw a pretty lady in her black tight dress walking to Chunji.

"Hey handsome, need company?" she asked.

"No, go away." he replied.

"Come on, just a drink." she said, carressing Chunji's right arm.
I balled my fists, feeling jealousy and anger growing in me.

"I SAID GO AWAY!" Chunji shouted so suddenly and pushed the lady.
The lady stumbled a few steps and walked off in anger.

I quickly ran to Chunji and took his bottle of alcohol away.
"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE DIDN'T I?" he shouted.

"Leave? Okay I shall leave then. I won't care anymore." I replied back.
As if suddenly recognising my voice, he look up into my eyes in surprise.
"____...?" he mumbled.

"Look, I'm so disappointed in you." I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

He took the bottle back and staryed chucking down the alcohol again. I got so mad that I grabbed the damn bottle and threw it on the floor, watching it break into millions of pieces.

"What are you doing!!" he asked in shock.

"That's what I should be asking you! Why are you doing this? Why are you drinking alcohol here?!" I replied.

He looked down for a moment and breathed in deeply, opening his mouth to say something but closing it again.

"SAY!" I shouted in frustration.

He hesitated for awhile and started, "You don't understand. You don't understand how I feel, ____ ah..."
Tears started falling down his eyes. I felt a strong pain on my heart to watch him cry.

"You are someone else's girl right now... and it hurts me so much... you wouldn't understand........ I hate myself. I hate myself for being late. He's got you, ____ do you understand? HE'S GOT YOU WHILE I DON'T!!" he cried and cried.

I got so puzzled. Who is that someone else he is talking about?
And then I understood. He meant L.Joe, the guy who confessed to me in the afternoon.

I chuckled a little and replied, "Silly, I'm single. I rejected L.Joe..."

He looked up back at me and said, "B... but you let him hug you.."

"I was so shocked I couldn't move..." I replied, embarrassed with myself.

Suddenly, Chunji grabbed my arm and pulled me into a warm hug.
I bring my hands up and hug him too.

"____, I'm so worried. I lacked courgae to tell you this... But I love you. I want to be more than best friends. I want to be with you. I'm in love with you!" he confessed so suddenly.
I was shocked but smiled soon after and hugged him tighter.

I do understand, Chunji. I do.